Part 60

DESTINY

"Can't we wait until they are a little bit older?" Kihyun asked as he keeps staring at the triplet in the stroller. 

"Infant swimming class started at six months old, Kihyun. They are seven and eight months old" Hyunwoo answered as he fill in the form. "They will be taught how to float on their back, breathing technique, swim to safety... it's good for them and it's going to increase their survival rate in water" he added without looking at his wife face.

Kihyun turn to look at his husband in horror. "Do you have a plan to leave them alone in the water?" he sounds concerned. 

Hyunwoo laughed a little as he returns the form to the worker. "Our job is very demanding, Kihyun. What if we fall asleep while bathing them from being too tired? This infant swimming class will help us to avoid the worst possible scenario" he explains. 

"You didn't take Sang Wook to swimming class" 

"That's because I taught him myself. I'm not a professional swimming coach. I can handle one baby at a time. But, three? That need professional help" Hyunwoo replied casually.

"Wait, you bring Sang Wook to swimming pool without telling me?" Kihyun is shocked at the revelation. There is no pool at their house and their bath tub is quite small for Hyunwoo. It's a perfect size for him, though. It's obvious that Hyunwoo had snuck out with Sang Wook behind him. He wanted to give his husband an earful, but he remembers that Hyunwoo is a doctor and a former swimmer. His husband knows what he was doing, so he just let it go. 

"Do you know how to swim?" Hyunwoo casually asked trying to change the topic.

"We have five children together and you ask me that question now?" Kihyun sound sarcastic.  

"I don't remember seeing you playing in the water" Hyunwoo suddenly become serious. "Is that because you can't swim or you won't?" Hyunwoo asked. "You never go into deep water after the explosion. Am I right?" he rephrase his word when Kihyun is just staring at him. 

Kihyun ignore his husband question when he sees Jooheon and his children walking toward them. "Where is Changkyun? He dropped by this morning and we told him to come along" 

"We were waiting for him, actually. He didn't come home. However, he sends me a text saying he need to return to the hospital. Luckily, those two is missing the triplet too much, to be sulky and refuse to come here" Jooheon answered. 

"Something happened? Changkyun rushing back to the hospital can only mean one thing" Hyunwoo is worried.

"Is it about Si Woo?" Kihyun asked.

"He regains his memory. Unexpectedly. I call Minhyuk if he needed help to watch over Chessa, but he's already on the way to the hospital" Jooheon sighed a little. "I am curious how Chessa will react. She finally got to see her baba again"

"Si Woo will be shocked at how much she have grown up. That's for sure. When he left, Chessa can barely talk and walk by herself. She grows up fast in these few months" Hyunwoo said. 

"I'm worried about Minhyuk, though. He was preparing himself for the worst ever since Si Woo return. Staying so strong. Especially, when Changkyun told us without the surgery SI Woo will only get worst. This unexpected turn will break his barrier" Kihyun is concerned.

"That's true. I bet Changkyun won't be at ease too. There must be a reason why Si Woo suddenly remember and he can't even conducted any test to figure that out since it's Sunday. The lab is closed. I just hope he's not stressing himself over that" Jooheon is concerned too. "By the way, where is Sang Wook?" he suddenly notices the boy isn't around.

"He's at the Asylum Art, finishing up some order" Hyunwoo answered.

"Is that legal for a child to work on Sunday?" Jooheon unconsciously asking. 

"He said art is just a hobby" Kihyun replied.

"I talked to him a few days ago. I asked if he wants to make art forever. He said 'no'. He wanted to be someone who can protect his family. I jokingly asked if he wants to become an MMA fighter. You know what he says? He said 'Mama will locked me up in the storeroom if I join that sport'. First, I am shocked he knew what MMA is. Second, I am impressed when he said he wish to do judo because it's less aggressive and he like the philosophy. Suppressing hardness with gentleness. What's with his sudden interest in martial arts?" Jooheon said.

"He attended an Art Seminar last Saturday. One of the session is about the art of self-defense. I think that's why" Kihyun answered. 

"By the way, can you watch the triplet for us?" Hyunwoo suddenly asked.

Jooheon just nodded. "Where are you two going, though? I need to know, in case the triplet is looking for you guys" 

"The private pool section" Hyunwoo simply answered. 

"Suddenly? I thought we were here for the infant swimming class" Kihyun frowned at his husband. 

"Don't ask. Just come with me" Hyunwoo said as he drags his wife with him. 

"They really need to go on date more often" Jooheon mumbles to himself. 

"Where is Uncle Hyunwoo and Uncle Kihyun are going?" Jinwoo asked. 

"They are off for an adventure" Jooheon simply replied making Jinwoo look at him weirdly. 

Hyunwoo and Kihyun stare at each other. It's been happening for quite some time now.

"Aren't you coming in?" Hyunwoo finally break the silence. He swims closer to his wife and it makes Kihyun step backward while threatening him. I will rebel against you if you pull me into the water. A very cute threat, actually. "We can start by sitting on the stairs. Slow progress is better than none" Hyunwoo tries to persuade his wife. 

Kihyun turn to look at the stair on his left. He ponders about it for quite some time. Instead of going to the stairs, he decided to join Hyunwoo in the water. Regret it almost instantly because he ended up panicking due to the unexpected depth.  

"I got you" Hyunwoo said as he pulls his wife closer to him.

Kihyun cling to his husband as he calms down himself. 

"It's ok. You are safe" Hyunwoo hold his wife tightly as he waits for Kihyun to calm down. 

"I'm not afraid. I was just shocked by the coldness" Kihyun refuse to admit his phobia. 

"Are you sure? Let me go then" Hyunwoo is teasing. 

"It's cold to swim by myself, though" 

Hyunwoo can't help but smiles. His wife can be stubbornly cute at times. "Shall we go to the shallow area?" 

"I would appreciate that" Kihyun replied, indirectly admitting he might have a mild case of thalassophobia.

***********************

"Chessa-ah, help me. I'm stuck" Hoseok said as he pretends to be stuck in the between of the pillars. He intentionally does that because he wants to catch the girl attention. It's been almost 20 minutes he feels like he is third wheeling Chessa's date with her baba. 

Chessa turn to look at her daddy. Worried her daddy is in pain she left the swing and tries to pull her daddy out from between the pillar. Hoseok act like he is in pain and makes Chessa burst into tears. "Baba, daddy is hurt" Chessa cries harder when her baba lifted her up. 

Hoseok stop pretending and walk out from between the pillar. "Daddy is ok" he said repeatedly as he dries Chessa tears with his thumb. 

"Daddy, don't get hurt" Chessa said. 

"I won't" Hoseok kissed his daughter.

"Why would you joke like that?" Hyungwon smack the lawyer on his shoulder. 

Meanwhile, Minhyuk is having a conversation with Changkyun on the bench. 

"I suspect it was caused by an over stimulation to his brain. I don't know why this person is trying to alter his memory, but I pretty sure they need him awake to do that. Long term sleep deprivation may cause inflammation and development of a blood clot" Changkyun said as he keeps looking at Hyungwon. "I can't tell you the exact reason why he suddenly remembers without a proper test. But, it seem like the psychological blocked is no longer there. Part of me believes Kihyun have something to do with that" 

"Kihyun obviously triggered something yesterday" Minhyuk said as he keeps watching the trio. 

"I checked how much does he remember, his memory is back dated to when he helped Kihyun give birth to Hyunsoo. That was before his parents passed away. So, I don't think he can give us the answer to our question" Changkyun wipes his face in frustration. 

"Minhyuk-ah" Hyungwon called.

"Yes?" Minhyuk stands up and goes to the trio. 

"Chessa is sleepy. I think you should go home with her" Hyungwon said. 

"I can go home with her" Hoseok offered because he wants the duo to spend time together. 

"It's ok. I will take her home. It's my turn to watch over her anyway" Minhyuk takes Chessa from Hyungwon. "I'm taking her home now. You better behave while I am not around" Minhyuk said to Hyungwon. "You better don't encourage him to do anything" he said to Hoseok. 

"Drive safely" Hyungwon said as he gives both Minhyuk and Chessa a hug.

Minhyuk pretend like the hug hasn't affected him a little bit. His tears are betraying him so he left the scene before they fall down his cheeks. "I'm not crying. It's just a dust. Let's go home, ok? You will get sick if you stay outside with all these dusts around" he lied as he buckle up the girl in her car seat. 

"He left?" Changkyun asked when Hyungwon and Hoseok come to him. 

"Yes, I told him to" Hyungwon answered. "Now, let's play an honest game. How about you two explain to me of what really happened?" 

"I told you. You got an accident" Changkyun answered. 

"Well, I believed you. Just until I see him" Hyungwon is talking about Minhyuk. "He's detaching himself from me. That's not how you react to someone who survived a car accident and regain his memory. Why is he detaching himself from me?" he sounds mad without he intended to be.  

Hoseok and Changkyun exchange a quick look with each other. 

"The first thing you asked me is my name. Am I a different person when I lost my memory?" Hyungwon asked as he looks straight into Hoseok eyes. "You can lie, but I will know" 

"Hyungwon-ah, calm down" Changkyun pull the psychiatrist to sit next to him. "If we are not careful, the blood clot in your brain might burst. Let's play safe" 

"I lost months of my life. I can tell how much Chessa was waiting for me from the sparkle in her eyes" Hyungwon takes a deep breath to calm himself. "You were so glad when I wake up and when I said my name is Chae Hyungwon" he said to Hoseok. "You walk into my ward and can't decide whether you should be happy or worried that I remember you" he said to Changkyun. "Minhyuk come to see me with insecurities in his eyes. Plus, the doctor in charge on my chart is Dr. Daniel Lim. That's got to mean something more than a car accident" 

Changkyun sighed as he pulls out his phone. He makes a phone call. "It's me. I have to borrow your office. Got a presentation to make"

Two hours later...

"So, I am a CEO now?" Hyungwon asked in disbelief. He stares confusedly at the timeline Hoseok draw on the white board. "It's so nice of you guys to fight for me when I am not around" he is touched. "What make you think I am capable to manage a company when I barely manage myself?" he suddenly sounds judgemental.

"Your father leave a will for you, Hyungwon. I am just making sure your father wish is granted. He wishes to make things right with you. Unfortunately, time gets to him first" Hoseok answered. "You can appoint someone to act for you. We will talk about that when you are healthy enough. For now, Minhyuk hold your power of attorney. Lawyer Kim and I will be advising him" 

"I might not wake up after the surgery, though" Hyungwon mumbles, but loud enough to be heard by the other two. 

"You better don't give up on me on the table" Changkyun reprimand the psychiatrist. "You know how bad I get when I lost someone dear to me"

"Let's work on your attachment issue before the surgery then" Hyungwon get a toy thrown at him for that casual remark. It wasn't from Changkyun or Hoseok. It's from someone behind him. He turns around and Kihyun is standing at the door, looking pissed. Most likely because of his remark. Hyunwoo is behind him and he can sees a huge stroller too.  "Is that the triplet?" he goes to greet the babies. Unconsciously pushing Kihyun aside so he can see the triplet. "Hello, babies. I am your uncle. You guys are so cute" 

Kihyun goes to sit next to Changkyun. "He's easily distracted" 

"Kind of mood swing too. He goes from confuse, curious and angry in a split second" Changkyun replied. 

Kihyun pull out a document from his backpack and put it on the table. "Hyungwon-ah, come here and check this out"

Hyungwon obediently return to the group. Meanwhile, Hyunwoo goes to sit at at his desk with the triplet. 

"I thought you are looking for me, why is this full about my parent's info?" Hyungwon frowned as he goes through the document. 

Kihyun immediately take the file from Hyungwon. "Wrong file" he wanted to put the file back into his bag and take the other one. But, Hyungwon smoothly taking it back from him. 

"Let me see the one at the back" Hyungwon check the profile again. "Kwon Jinho. Who is he?" 

"So, you really have no idea about him?" Kihyun asked. 

"What do you mean? Who is he? Why are you looking into him?" Hyungwon asked. Demanding an explanation. 

"I don't really have a clear answer yet. But, it seems like he is your brother" Kihyun answered makes all eyes directed to him.

Hyungwon read the profile. There is no picture attached to the profile, but the birthday shows that the man is seven years younger than him. "He was born after I was sent away. If he really is my brother, why didn't I see him around when I come back home, when I was 16?" then he notices something weird on the profile. "His surname is different. Is he adopted?" 

"I don't think your parents have any adopted child. Lawyer Kim never mentioned about it. So, does your grandmother" Hoseok said. 

"Then... was he given away?" Hyungwon is completely confused. 

Kihyun just shrugged because he really has no answer for that question.