Part 77

DESTINY

Minhyuk gets off from his bed as soon as he awake and heads to the kitchen - feeling thirsty. When he reached the kitchen, Hyungwon is already there - enjoying his morning tea. "What are you doing?" Minhyuk said when he entered the kitchen, straight away taking the cold water in the fridge. 

"Kihyun is awake" Hyungwon randomly answered.

"I told you that last night. You even said you can feel him and Changkyun crying together last night. Did you forget?" Minhyuk replied as he approaches his friend, "Do you feeling okay?" he asked, genuinely concerned.

Hyungwon smiles as he reaches out to hold Minhyuk's hand. "I really need to make up with you. All you are doing these days is worrying about me."

Minhyuk stares at Hyungwon, trying to understand what is happening. "Ah. You are picking up his sense" he takes a seat next to the psychiatrist.

"I haven't picked up his sense for so long. It's good to feel him again" Hyungwon stated, "I wake up early because of him. He wonders when I will go to see him, he thinks if I am okay. Then, all those curiosities are just gone, and I sense love" Hyungwon explained. 

"Hyunwoo must have wake up as well" Minhyuk commented. "I didn't know clairsentient can telepathically communicate with people too," he added. 

"It's only one-way communication. Kihyun is oblivious to this, and I only can do this with Kihyun. He only comes to stay at the villa during a weekend or school holiday, knowing he always will be exposed to danger because of his mother, I spend my whole weekend thinking about him. Maybe that's why" Hyungwon explained. 

"What happened?" Minhyuk blurts out.

"What?" Hyungwon failed to understand the question.

"Kihyun is not just anybody. He is your somebody. How can you forget about him? I can understand that you failed to recognize Changkyun. His name changed, and he can function well now. But, Kihyun is still Yoo Kihyun. In fact, you first meeting him is in the post-op ward after his emergency surgery for almost having a miscarriage. Everyone was confused at that time. I even thought Kihyun is a transgender male, but you... out of nowhere, you brought up about the interse-x. Did you recognize him back then but pretend like you don't and ended up actually forgot?" 

Hyungwon did not answer.

"Sorry if I sound... I mean - you recognized me after years not seeing each other " Minhyuk stopped when Hyungwon hold his hand tighter. "I mean when I first move to your hostel. Before we decided to rent a studio and lived with Hyunwoo and Changkyun too." 

"I can show you what happened. It will be easy for you to understand that way." 

"Is it really that hard to explained?" Minhyuk asked.

"Well... I only found out what exactly happened after I conducted a tracking on Kihyun yesterday. Knowing Changkyun, he will be a mess for a while" Hyungwon sighed. "Just a heads up, back then... Changkyun was considered a science valuable asset. He was wanted by many. But, he and Kihyun suffered from a pretty similar condition. So, people got them confused. I will show you. It's quite thrilling."

"That's it?" Minhyuk failed to catches any hint.

"It's not fun if I tell you more" Hyungwon smiles. "Are you ready?"

"Isn't this too early for you to use your mental strength? How about breakfast? What should we eat for breakfast? We should eat first. I don't want you to faint again" Minhyuk stands up and checks the fridge.

Hyungwon smiles as he watches Minhyuk suddenly pretending to be busy.

"Why are you looking at him like that? You are making me jealous" Hoseok said as he is walking into the kitchen with a half-awake Chessa in his arms.

"Aigoo, she is awake already" Hyungwon let Hoseok put the girl on his laps. "Why are you waking up so early?" he asked before kissing the girl on her cheeks.

"I slept early yesterday" Chessa answered before giving her Baba a morning hug. "Baba is cheerful today. Are you feeling better?" she innocently asked. 

"Yes, feel much better than yesterday and the day before yesterday. Soon, I think I can play with you in the park again" Hyungwon answered before kissing the girl on the cheek.

"I would love that" Chessa release herself and position herself to sit properly on her baba lap. 

Hoseok and Minhyuk smile at the scene.

"What time you came home last night?" Minhyuk asked, whispering. 

"Very late. I left Kihyun's house after the Lee-Im couple left. Kihyun refuses to sleep, so I help Hyunwoo to put him back to sleep. Changkyun eyes were really swollen last night. Do you think he will be okay?" Hoseok whispered back before he starts making coffee. 

"Do you want to see it? What happened between them. Hyungwon wants to show me. But, I thought about it and realized you never experience it" Minhyuk said and knew Hoseok is purposely turning deaf on him. "Insung already prepared breakfast before he goes out. He left a note in my room. He is going to his school reunion today" he changes the topic. 

Hoseok turns to Minhyuk with concern eyes. 

"I'm worried too" Minhyuk know what Hoseok is thinking. "I really hope his friend won't be picking on him." 

"If Insung comes home later feeling down, I'm going to track his friends down" Hoseok replied. "So, what if they are successful than him? Insung has more manner and a golden heart," he added.

"Kang Insung makes the great Chae Hyungwon left his room, and he also makes Chae Hyungwon want to face the world again. That's a lifetime achievement," Minhyuk said before taking a deep breath, "I bet Insung will make a good psychological helper" he added before he takes a look at Hyungwon who is happily giggling with Chessa. "I didn't realize I missed seeing them like this too much. I am touched that it makes my chest hurt" he finally understand what Hyungwon was feeling last night.  

Hoseok turns to look too. "They are the cutest when they are together." 

"Guess, this is what Hyunwoo said when he feels content that Sang Wook is very close to the triplet. Can you imagine when the triplet reach Sang Wook's age now, Sang Wook will be fourteen by then? Henry will be 23, and Harriet will be 21. Chessa is roughly a two year older than the triplet. She will be eight, or nine years old" Minhyuk replied. 

Hoseok is a bit shocked with Minhyuk statement. 

"Let's don't even start with our age" Minhyuk added. 

"Isn't it too late for us to think about marriage now?" Hoseook asked. 

"At this rate, I rather go gay for Hyungwon or you. Meeting a new girl and get my heart broken is not worth it" Minhyuk casually replied. "We have a daughter together too. Unless the girl can accept Chessa as her, I will rather be single."

Hoseok nodded. 

"Guys" Hyungwon tries to get the attention of his two friends who seem busy whispering to each other. "How about we move to a new house?" he asked when both of them is looking at him. "If we all live together, Chessa can have all of us at the same time instead of going back and forth from Hoseok's place and here" he briefly explained. "It's like we are a divorced couple right now and having a co-right of custody of our daughter" he added.

"I want us to live together," Chessa said cutely. 

"If I divorce Hoseok and married you, the marriage must be a forced marriage" Minhyuk mumbles.

"May I know why the idea suddenly pop up out of nowhere?" Hoseok asked.

"I've been thinking about it for a while. But, things happened", Hyungwon answered. "We can't keep letting Insung sleeping on the couch either. Let's move. We find a bigger house. You said my parents left me some money."

"Not some. They left their everything to you" both Hoseok and Minhyuk said together.

"You... don't get fond of people for no reason" Minhyuk get suspicious.

"Honestly, I want to take care of him. It probably too late for him to go back to school, but I am thinking to get him homeschooled. It will take times for him to be in par with his peers, but he will eventually be. Kang Insung is a smart kid" Hyungwon replied.

"Are you picking up his sense? Did he get a bully?" Minhyuk asked.

"No. But, he kind of second-guessing his decision to attend the reunion right now" Hyungwon answered. 

"Where is he? I can pick him up right away" Hoseok said. 

Hyungwon smiles, "This is exactly why we should move to a bigger house. You two pretty much look like his parents already." 

"Well, we were married. But, got divorced because he is too much into exercising. So, I have custody over our older children, and he has the youngest one" Minhyuk jokes. 

"I got two babies. The first one is Kihyun. Second, is Chessa" Hoseok corrected his friend.  

"Kihyun is a baby you got from your previous marriage" Minhyuk replied while imagining himself being a mother to Kihyun. "Nope. He is too dominant to be my kid" he mumbles. "Joke aside, what is up with you and Insung?" he asked. 

"Nothing. He got send to prison because the expert witness on his case said he was hiding something. That he wasn't honest in his statement, if he had a better expert witness at that time, I am sure he won't be wrongly convicted. Somehow I feel responsible for that" he continued, "I pretty sure he meet a lot of people in there, and he still believes in people. That's amazing."

"So, you want to show him that it still worth it? Like you showed me" Minhyuk asked.

Hyungwon did not say anything. He hugs Chessa and let the girl playing with his finger.

"Okay. You know what. Before we move in together, I think I need to know what exactly happened between the two of you" Hoseok interrupted.

"Nothing much. It just my family is a toxic people. They are gaslighting me. I lost my self-esteem and became depressed. Then, I meet this girl. We dated. I thought she liked me for who I am, turns out that was just a game between her and her friend. It broke me really bad. I told myself if it didn't get better, I will kill myself. I move out of the hostel because I keep seeing her around. Life sends me to his hostel. I didn't realize when or how the next moment I realize I am whole again" Minhyuk casually explaining.

"Is this the girl you broken up with where you ended up kissing him because you are too drunk?" Hoseok asked.

"Nope. That's another girl I know in my third year. The four of us is already living together at that time. It was five, but Jooheon got in an exchange programme. So, he moved." Minhyuk answered. "This one happened in the first year—our very first meeting after high school. I don't even realize he was my schoolmates. Anyway, he told me that no matter how bad my family treating me, I was once what they are hoping for. I thought that was just him trying to soothe me down. A few days after that, we are shown a childbirth video - it's part of our s-ex education in campus. That's when I realized he was right. Every each baby in the entire world was a minimal degree of hope. That's also the reason why I choose to become an Obgyn. After I realized my self-worth, I face them off. I told my parents what I feel about them and what they make me feel about myself. I told them I want a fix or they can give me an out. Luckily, my parents are very willing to make our relationship better, so we all go for group therapy. My family loves him more than they love me. They said because of him we all can live in happiness today" Minhyuk added.

"That reminds me of my parents. They met him once and nagged me to make sure Hyungwon eat a lot because he is too thin" Hoseok mumbles.

"He's a parents stealer" Minhyuk commented.

Hoseok nodded. "Chessa is registered under my family. But, I adopted him for you. Look at her now, all over heels for his Baba. Like her pappy and daddy is not even here" he added to Minhyuk's comment.

Hyungwon just laughed it off, "So, are we going to move or not?"

"Sure" both Minhyuk and Hoseok answered in a heartbeat.

"You are still recovering. So, Minhyuk and I will search for a place" Hoseok said.

"But, you are going to pay for it" Minhyuk added.

"Okay, have fun with the search" Hyungwon said before he removes Chessa from his lap, "Let's go brush your teeth," he said to the girl before leaving the kitchen.

********************************

"You are here" Jooheon is relieved when he found Changkyun in the working room. He wakes up to an empty space next to him which sent him to a panic mood, especially when he didn't find his other half in either one of their children room - where Changkyun always spends his time watching either Jinwoo or Jinhee sleeping if he wakes up early. "What are you doing here?" he entered the room and took a seat next to Changkyun on the floor.

"Just checking some of Dasom-ie Nuna stuff," Changkyun answered. "Look" he shows the diary to Joooheon, "She wrote about everything."

Jooheon takes the diary and reads it carefully. Dasom writes about how she got separated from Changkyun and how she plans to save her younger brother. Dasom also writes about their time at the Joy Villa, where Changkyun had a real human connection there. Jooheon cannot help but smiles at how Dasom adores Changkyun relationship with Kihyun and Hyungwon. After a few pages, Jooheon reached to the entry where Dasom talks about the abduction incident, the one which makes them live their separately. He can feel how happy Dasom is that Daniel wakes up after the fall incident as a completely different person from who he was.

I rather have him crying and throwing a tantrum instead of a genius who can draft a nuclear code but cannot tell if he is hurt.

 Jooheon smiles even wider when he read Dasom entry talking about him. 

I haven't seen Yun-ie smiles like that since we move out from the villa- Lee Jooheon I approved you!. 

"So, you initially did not accept my proposal for dating because you like me but because you don't want to reject me?" Jooheon asked.

My Yun-ie accepted the dimple kid because of his perseverance to keep proposing. I like the dimpled kid a lot. He is cute and nice. 

"So, when did you actually like me back?" 

"I'm not sure. I still lacked in emotional illiteracy at that time. When my emotional vocabulary improved, I am already yours, and you are mine" Changkyun answered. "Are you mad?" he asked as take a close look at Jooheon's face. 

Jooheon shakes his head, "You know that my parents don't really approve our relationship, but they let me do whatever I want because they want me to be happy... reading this today, I realized I make a great choice."

"... and what is that?" 

"Insisting to have you in my life" Jooheon kissed Changkyun lightly on the lip, "My parents used to say you date me because who I am. But, today I realized you date me because I am me." 

"I don't understand" Changkyun is confused. Both statements sound the same to him. 

"Considering who you were in the past, it's like your soul sees me and kind of went 'I will feel for you'... I couldn't be more grateful that you choose me after knowing how you used to be" Jooheon explained. 

"Well, you choose me first" Changkyun replied before hugging Jooheon, "Thank you for seeing through me, honey. I know how peculiar I was when I was young, and instead of ignoring me like everyone else, you choose to make me yours." 

********************************

"Since it's weekend, I requested Changkyun to postpone your admission to Monday. So, let me give you a massage. You haven't used your muscle for awhile" Hyunwoo said as he comes closer to the bed - where Kihyun sitting with an elevated pillow behind him.

"The children?" Kihyun asked.

"I told the caretaker to watches over them" Hyunwoo answered before starting to massage his wife left leg. "I will start from the bottom before we go to your top, okay?" he said without looking at his wife.

"Do you remember what we do before all of this happened?" Kihyun asked after a moment of staring at his husband face.

"You left early because Prosecutor Kwak was calling you. He found your PI taking pictures at the house where Juyoon tries to kill him... he wasn't trying to kill himself. He was trying to run away... then... " Hyunwoo sound like he was talking to himself rather than to Kihyun.

"Not that. I mean the day - the triplets swimming class."

Hyunwoo frowned as he tries to remember that day. When he understood what Kihyun is talking about, he clears his throat and shakes his head a little. "What about that?"

"Did you check?"

"They run a lot of test on you. Everything was fine. But, they haven't tested you for that. Do you think...." Hyunwoo suddenly found it hard to complete his sentences.

Kihyun nodded, "I mean, how many times did you - you know what my next word is" 

"Three. The third time does not count, though... " Hyunwoo paused from whatever he was doing, "... because I scored in the second one". Hyunwoo becomes flustered.

Kihyun smiles at Hyunwoo facial expression. His husband looks so cute with that expression. 

"Wait. I will come back" Hyunwoo left the room.

A few minutes later, the couple is standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom. Kihyun is supporting himself by holding onto the sink with Hyunwoo holding him from behind.

"Just a few more seconds. Then, you can take a break" Hyunwoo said while checking his watch, "3, 2, 1. You are done" he said before helping Kihyun to sit on the toilet.

"At this rate, I might start walking again at the same time with the triplet or even later than them," Kihyun said breathlessly. His muscle strength is completely ruined from sleeping for months, and he is determined to get this fix as soon as possible - he wants to hold and plays around with his children again. He watches Hyunwoo picking up the kit on the top of the drawer. "What does it say?" 

Instead of answering, Hyunwoo holds the kit in front of his wife.

Two lines.