Part 44

DESTINY

Kihyun wakes up from a hot breath on his neck. He slowly opens his eyes and the sunlight is making his eyes sore. He is lying in a lateral position and someone is spooning him. He looks at the hand around his waist carefully. "Hyunwoo?" he whispers. He grabs the hand gently. The roughness and the size-matched Hyunwoo's hand. He automatically smiles when he sees the wedding ring. "It's really my husband"

Hyunwoo whines in his sleep. 

Kihyun instinctively making a white noise so Hyunwoo won't wake up. He can feel Hyunwoo is snuggled closer to him. "Where is this place?" he mumbles as he scans his surroundings. He remembers about his rapid labour and the birth. He also remembers talking to Minhyuk when he briefly wakes up after the sudden birth. But, he did not recall getting discharged. This place isn't his home either.

In front of him, he can see a simple living room. A couch and a sofa. There is also a television attached to the wall. In the corner, there is a table. Looks like a small dining area. The bed he and Hyunwoo are sleeping on doesn't feel like a hospital bed too. But, Kihyun can smell medication. The fact that he still has a branula in his hand, it is quite clear he is still in a hospital.

"Am I dreaming?" he wondered. So, he pinches Hyunwoo hand for a reality check. Just to mentally curse himself shortly after, because he should do it on himself. 

"Kihyun?" Hyunwoo is awake. 

"Hi" Kihyun greets his husband awkwardly. When he turned to look at his husband, Hyunwoo is trying to take a peek at his face. He just smiles it off. 

Hyunwoo force himself to sit up. He stretches his body while yawning. After a moment of staring at his wife, he goes "You are actually awake" 

"What is that suppose to mean?" Kihyun tries to sit too. 

"It's been a week since you give birth. You keep falling asleep. The longest you manage to stay awake is two hours" Hyunwoo explains as he arranges the pillow behind Kihyun so his wife can sit more comfortably. 

"I've been sleeping for a week?" Kihyun can't believe his ears. It felt like he just talks to Minhyuk hours ago. 

"Actually a little more than a week. You are 34 weeks and 4 days pregnant today. You are just tired and needed rest. Nothing to worry about" Hyunwoo replied. 

Kihyun is speechless.

They stare at each other for a while.

"I missed you" Hyunwoo confessed.

"I really missed you too, but I am more curious about where we are right now" Kihyun replied.

"VIP suite. You will stay in the hospital until you give birth to this little one. I know hospital stay is always stressing you, so I asked Minhyuk to transfer you here. It's very home-like and children under twelve are allowed to come in. The environment is controlled so the chances the children get exposed to something they shouldn't like in the common ward is low here" 

"This is expensive, Hyunwoo" Kihyun starts making a calculation in his mind. If he has to stay here until he gives birth, that means there is no specific time limit. The VIP suite usually costs almost $500 per night. They do have an emergency fund. But, Kihyun feels it unnecessary for them to waste money on this suite. All he needs is Minhyuk as his doctor anyway. 

"You are married to a chief. I can afford this" Hyunwoo replied. A little bragging about himself. "Actually, every Chief of the department has privileges to use VIP suite with complimentary fees and the privileges are extended to an immediate family member" he explained when Kihyun is looking at him with a disapproving look. "This is my first time claiming it"

"and you use it on me?"

"You are my wife, the mother of my children. You deserve a lot more than a VIP suite" Hyunwoo steal a quick kiss from his wife.

"I already have you though" Kihyun mumbles.

"Do you need anything? Water? Food?" Hyunwoo asked as he gets off the queen size bed. 

"Can I have a longer kiss?" Kihyun jokes. 

"Later. I'm going to wash my face and I will help you wash yours. Then, we will kiss as long as you want if you still feel like kissing" Hyunwoo replied as he disappears to the washroom. 

Kihyun laughed at the remark. 

"Good morning, boys," Jinhee said as she walks out of her bedroom. 

"Morning" Sang Wook reply cheerfully. "Do you sleep well?"

"Yes," Jinhee smiles. "What are you doing?" she asked her brother. 

"Jojo promise to bring us to visit Uncle Yoo today. I'm searching what should we bring" Jinwoo explains. 

"You are so slow. I have already bought the groceries with Dada last night. I'm making sweet potato and ginger soup dessert for Uncle Yoo" Jinhee said confidently. 

"But, mama will be too sleepy to eat," Sang Wook said. Obviously, having no idea what is happening in the hospital. 

"Which is why we need to make sure your mama has all the nutrition he needs" Jinhee replied and goes straight to the kitchen. 

"We should help her or she will nag about how tough it is to be the only girl in the family" Jinwoo put down the phone on the table and bring Sang Wook to the kitchen. 

Jinwoo and Sang Wook just helping Jinhee to wash the ingredient. Jinhee does all the mincing and cutting since she claims only she can do it properly and beautifully. 

"What smell is this?" Jooheon mumbles in his sleep. "Is Chang..." he accidentally hit his boyfriend in the face when he tries to check if Changkyun is still next to him or not. 

"Lee Jooheon" Changkyun sound pissed. His eyes are still close though. 

"Sorry" Jooheon is now wide awake. He checks his boyfriend's face and feels relief when there is no serious injury. "Wait" he paused. "If he is here, I am here, who is in the kitchen?" he whispers as he gets off from the bed. 

"You cook very fast" 

Jooheon can hear Sang Wook voice as he heads to the kitchen. 

"Jojo get stressed easily when he is hungry. So, I learn how to cook very fast. Your mama taught me. Uncle Yoo said Uncle Hyunwoo act the same too" 

Jooheon tries not to laugh at the reply. He leans to the door and continues secretly watching the children.

"No, I will do it. It's hot. A girl is not supposed to have a scar" 

Jooheon can't help but smiles at how fast Jinwoo stopped his sister. Jinhee pulls Sang Wook away so Jinwoo has enough space to pour the hot soup into the container. Jooheon feels proud. They are not blood-related, but they really care about each other. He sincerely hopes these children can remains close no matter how old they get.

"What are you doing?" Changkyun suddenly shows up from nowhere. 

Jooheon, who is surprised ended up hitting his boyfriend again. Earlier, he kind of slap Changkyun on the face. Now, he accidentally elbowed his face. When Changkyun bent over from the pain, Jooheon mind goes buffering.

"Dada" Jinhee rushes to check what is happening when she heard her Dada screaming in pain. Sang Wook followed her. "Is that blood?" she asked concerned.

Sang Wook reaches for a tissue and gives it to Changkyun. 

"Jojo, did you do that?" Jinwoo sounds like he is about to scold his father.  

"I wasn't" Jooheon replied in a defensive tone. "Actually, I did. But, I was shocked. It is purely a reflex" he explains as he checks for the source of the bleeding. "Thank God it wasn't your nose" 

"It's ok, kids. I'm fine" Changkyun told the children who are looking at him with pure concern in their eyes. He wipes the blood on his lips with the tissue Sang Wook give to him. "How about you guys take a shower so we won't be late to see Uncle Joo? I mean Uncle Yoo" 

"Are you sure you are ok?" Jinhee is still not convinced. 

"I'm a brain doctor, Harriet. I can confirm you I do not have a concussion" Changkyun bring the girl into her room. 

"Jojo need to clean up the kitchen for making Dada bleed," Jinwoo said. 

Jooheon looks around the kitchen. There is nothing much he needs to clean actually. Only a few dishes are in the sink. "That was unintentional, ok?"

"Ok" Jinwoo left to his room to take a shower.

"I will help you, uncle" Sang Wook follow Jooheon to the sink. "I already take a shower. Just need to change my clothes later" 

"No need. But, you can give a company. How about you take a sit on the chair?"

"I will stand here" Sang Wook comes closer to his uncle's leg.

Jooheon can't help but flashes his trademark dimple smile at Sang Wook.

When Hyunwoo open the door, he almost bumped into Jooheon, who is holding Sang Wook in his arms. 

"Papa" Sang Wook goes to his father arm. 

"Do you have fun last night?" Hyunwoo kisses his son on his nose. 

"Yes, Henry teach me a big boy stuff" 

"He means maths. I've been teaching him mathematics" Jinwoo said as he put the bag of food on the table. He sounds a little defensive. Like someone who is just wrongly accused. Jinhee just frowned at her brother reaction. 

"Are you going to have lunch?" Changkyun asked. "Harriet makes lunch for us" he added without waiting for Hyunwoo to answer. 

Jooheon gently pushed the trauma surgeon in again. His eyes catch the image of sitting upright Kihyun on the bed. "Oh, Chef Harriet brings something for you too," he said. Still hasn't realized Kihyun is actually awake. 

Hyunwoo put Sang Wook down and his son run to hug his mother in an instant. Sang Wook seems a little taken aback when his mother is hugging him back. 

"You are no longer sleepy," Sang Wook said happily after looking at his mother face. "I missed you mama" he hugs his mother again.

"I missed you too" Kihyun pull away to shower his son with a kiss. 

"Here. I made a special soup for you, Uncle Yoo" Jinhee said as she opens the soup container for her uncle. "Let me feed you"

Kihyun takes a bite and he gives the girl a thumb up. 'Thank you, sweetie" 

"Did he ask about the baby?" Jooheon asked. 

"Of course. I showed him the baby picture" Hyunwoo answered. 

"This is weird. We have been here so many times. But, this room seems brighter today" Changkyun commented as he watching the heartwarming scene in front of him. Jinhee is feeding Kihyun. While, Jinwoo is feeding himself, his sister and Sang Wook. 

"Hyunwoo isn't joking when he says Kihyun's smile can make the world brighter, babe," Jooheon said as he gives his boyfriend a back hug. 

Hyunwoo didn't react to that, but it is so obvious on his face that he enjoys this moment. Kihyun smile. Kihyun eyes. The way he laughs. The way he talks. His body language. Hyunwoo can stare at his wife forever.