Part 65

DESTINY

While the other children are playing after lunch, Sang Wook sit by himself near the window. At first he wanted to sketch the beautiful scenery, however, he ended up spacing out. The beautiful sky makes him think about the spring storm incident. He still remember clearly how the spring strom day started calmly and beautifully just like today. However, at the end of the day, he received the news that his father got hurt. The weather is the same when he was told that his mother is too sick to come home too. It was the first time he didn't get to see his mother every day and it was so hard for him. All these similarities is making him scared because every time his day started calmly, it usually don't end very well. This is the reason why he prefers to have a little chaos to start his day. Honestly, sometimes he purposely snoozed his parents alarm just to start the day in a rush. 

"Sang Wook-ie" 

Sang Wook turn to look at his teacher. He smiles at her and she smiles back. 

"Sang Wook-ah, Teacher Yoon want me to bring you to the daycare. Is it ok?" Teacher Kim asked. 

"Of course" Sang Wook answered quickly, assuming Hyunki is bullying the other two or causing a scene like he usually do. He walks to the daycare which is located next to his kindergarten with Teacher Kim. The distance is so close that they don't even have enough time to start a conversation. 

"Teacher Yoon" Teacher Kim called for the latter who is holding a sleeping Hyunsik. Upon seeing them, Teacher Yoon immediately comes to welcome them at the door. "Is he unwell?" she asked about Hyunsik. 

"No. Hyunki makes him cry. He falls asleep after crying so hard" Teacher Yoon answered before greeting Sang Wook with a smile. "Our Sang Wook-ie is here" she said as she invited the boy in. She then kneel in front of the him before gently saying, "Can you help me talk to Chessa? She seems to be in a bad mood since this morning. I am worried about her"

Sang Wook scan the daycare and see Chessa is sitting in the corner of the room. She is looking out the window - while, Hyunsoo and Hyunki is next to her playing with each other. "Have you call her pappy or daddy, teacher?" Sang Wook asked. 

Teacher Yoon hesitated a little. The truth is she did make a call to Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department earlier and she was informed that Dr. Lee Minhyuk is not in the office. When she asked where could he be, the answer she received was 'We are not very sure. It's either he had gone to the General Ward or the Post-op Ward. Lawyer Lee passed out this morning and got admitted. Dr. Chae undergo emergency surgery this morning'. 

"They are probably busy. It's ok. I will try to talk to her" Sang Wook continued before the teacher could answer him. He carefully makes his way to Chessa. 

Hyunsoo who is in the middle of trying to overpower Hyunki who is enjoying climbing onto him makes incomprehensible sound the moment he sees his brother. The sound he made make Hyunki look up and immediately leave him alone. 

"Hyunki-ah, what did I say to you about bullying your brothers?" Sang Wook said as he takes a seat on the floor. "You are bigger than Hyunsoo and Hyunki... you are suppose to protect them - not hurting them. You will be upset if I use my strength on you too" he reprimands Hyunki gently. He isn't sure if Hyunki understand what he says, but the baby replied with a cute 'eung'. He ended up kissing both of them on the forehead instead of reprimanding them. He shakes his head a little as he realizes he is getting carried away in adoring his little brothers. He then turns to look at Chessa. "Chessa" he called to get the girl attention. "Why are you here by yourself?" he added and get ignored. Sang Wook change a quick glance with his younger brothers and both of them are looking concern too. It's understandable since neither Hyunki or Hyunsoo is familiar with this side of Chessa. All they know is - Chessa the cheerful sister who always playing with them. 

"I played with Baba over there yesterday" Chessa finally says something. "I think pappy is sad because I played too much with baba yesterday" she continued while pointing at the window. 

Sang Wook moves closer to the window to take a peek of what is outside the window. It's the hospital park. He frowned as he thought, 'Uncle Hyungwon is back?'

"Baba is wearing the same clothes as them. Pappy cries a lot when we go back home" Chessa added. 

Sang Wook try to make sense of what Chessa is trying to say. "You see your baba wearing the hospital gown?" he received a nod. 'That mean Uncle Hyungwon is sick or hurt. If that really happen, Uncle Minyuk will be very sad' he thought to himself. "Chessa" he called for the girl and this time she looks at him. "Are you upset because you think you make your pappy sad?" he asked.

Chessa nodded. She suddenly feels like crying. "Pappy is sad. It makes me feel bad" she tries her best to not bursting into tears. 

Hyunsoo look up to his brother with the look 'Hyung, do something'. Hyunki is doing the same. 

Sang Wook think for a moment before he left to talk to the teacher. Hyunki and Hyunsoo look at each other before turn to look at their sister. Chessa did not cry, but she still look pretty sad. Hyunsoo crawl to sit beside Chessa and Hyunki crawl to sit beside Hyunsoo. All three of them are sitting against the wall and staring into the spaces. A few seconds later, Sang Wook return to them. 

"You two such a good boy" Sang Wook said to his younger brothers. He rewarded them with another kiss on their forehead. "Chessa, your teacher permits us to go see your pappy" he said as he reach out his hand for her to hold. "Come, I bring you to him" he said as he helps Chessa to stand up. 

The two of them did not go out by themselves though. A security guard accompanying them. As Chessa holds Sang Wook hand tightly, Sang Wook hold the security guard hand tightly. 

"Uncle, isn't Obstetric and Gynaecology is that way?" Sang Wook pointed to his left with his mouth as both of his hands is occupied. 

"Yes. But, when I come to pick you up, I see Dr. Lee is going to this way" the security guard answered. 

Sang Wook read the direction on the wall. None of the units written there is related to his Uncle Minhyuk making him suspicious of the guard. But, General Ward attract his attention.

"Uncle" Chessa said.

Sang Wook look at the direction Chessa is looking and he sees his Uncle Jooheon. His Uncle Jooheon is standing in front of a nurse station, he appears to be waiting for something. 

"Dr. Lee!" the security guard calling for the doctor. 

'This uncle is just confuse between Uncle Heon-ie and Uncle Min-ie' Sang Wook thought. He suddenly feels guilty for having a bad thought about the security guard. 

Jooheon turn around and shocked at what he sees. He rushes to the security guard, straight away kneeling down to match the children's eye level. "What are you guys doing here at this hour?" 

"Chessa thinks she made her pappy upset by playing too much with her baba yesterday. I asked her teachers permission if it's ok for me to bring her to check on Uncle Minhyuk. They said it's ok" Sang Wook explained. 

Jooheon is a little anxious about the first sentence. He wonders what should he tell Sang Wook? For those who do not know better, they will perceive Sang Wook as just another clueless kindergartener and lied to him. But, the fact is Sang Wook questioning every fact given to him before he accepted it. Perhaps, it's the leadership trait he got from his father and the investigation skill he gained from his mother. 

"Do you know where we can go to see Uncle Minhyuk, uncle?" Sang Wook asked innocently. 

"You are not Dr. Lee from Obgyn Department?" the security guard is confused.

"No, that's Dr. Lee Minhyuk. I am Dr. Lee Jooheon from Peads" Jooheon answered as he smiles a little. "But, I know these children. I will take over from here" he said. 

"Uncle, it's really ok. We really know him. He's been taking care of me and Chessa since we are a baby" Sang Wook make a confirmation to the security guard that it is really ok for him to leave them with Uncle Jooheon. 

The security guard gives it a thought for a second before deciding to trust the doctor with the children. He left after reminding Dr. Lee from Peads to send back the children before their  afternoon lesson started. The doctor simply replied with 'I will' and a very deep dimple smile. 

"What are you doing here, uncle? This is not your working place" Sang Wook asked after the security guard walk away. 

"Well, aren't you going to ask me about Uncle Hyungwon?" Jooheon asked as he pulls Chessa to sit on his lap. "I bet you are little confused right now" he added. 

"Is it true Uncle Hyungwon is back?" 

"Yes, it's been awhile. But, he isn't feeling well... so, we thought you guys shouldn't know about it yet" 

"How unwell is Uncle Hyungwon is feeling, uncle?" Sang Wook is feeling sad. 

"Very unwell. But, Uncle Changkyun already fixed him this morning. So, hopefully, he will come home soon" Jooheon cupped Sang Wook face with his left hand. "To answer your question, I am here to see Uncle Hoseok. He is too tired from taking care of Uncle Hyungwon. So, your papa told him to rest here" he added. 

"That's pappy" Chessa whispered when she sees her pappy is rushing to the elevator. When the door won't open, her pappy press the button repetitively. 

"Minhyuk-ah!" Jooheon called for his friend. 

"Not now, Jooheon!" Minhyuk replied without looking back as he get onto the elevator. "Hyungwon is crashing!" 

Jooheon froze at what he hears. His entire body suddenly feels numb.

"That sound bad" Sang Wook said.

"Is something wrong, uncle?" Chessa looks at her uncle Jooheon worried. 

"I'm not very sure. How about I send you two back to school so I can go check what is happening?" Jooheon barely gets himself together.  

"Can we drop by at papa's office?" Sang Wook asked, sound a little like he is pleading. 

The 'numb' Jooheon just agrees at Sang Wook request. As soon as they enter Hyunwoo's office, Sang Wook pull Chessa to kneel next to him beside the couch - facing the wide window behind Hyunwoo's working desk. 

"Just copy what I do, ok?" Sang Wook said to Chessa. 

Jooheon could not understand at first. It takes him a while to grasp the whole situation - that Sang Wook is actually praying and Chessa is quietly copying whatever Sang Wook is doing. He only realizes Sang Wook is reciting a prayer when Sang Wook says '... for my Uncle Chae Hyungwon... '. He slowly joins the children kneeling on the floor, closing his eyes and starts praying too.

"Dear God, it is through Your power that I was created. Every breath I take and everyday I live, it's all because of You. Today, I am asking for You to use Your power on my uncle. I do not know what kind of sickness that he have, but I am praying to You to heal him. God, please heal in him whatever You see needs healing. Please heal him from whatever separating him from his loved one. Please heal his memory, his heart, his body, and his soul. Dear God, please hear my prayer. Please repair my uncle's body You had made. You alone know how to restore my uncle well-being, for You who have created him. It is your grace that has kept us safe and for this we are grateful. Dear God, I am begging to you to please listen to my prayer. Please touch the people lives around me with the same grace You have touches mine. Please make everything ok again..."  

Jooheon cannot help it anymore. The tears he was holding is finallly running down his cheeks as he listens to every desperate word Sang Wook mutter in his prayer.