Part 62

DESTINY

Kihyun parked his car not far from the gate. He can see Prosecutor Kwak is waiting for him. He get off from the car and approaches the prosecutor. 

"I come here to follow a lead and found something I didn't quite like" Prosecutor Kwak said to his friend.  

"What is that?" Kihyun asked looking around. Maybe because the house is located at the end, the area is quiet. No one else is there except them. 

"Do you see an ambulance when you are coming here?" Prosecutor Kwak asked. "That's the man who lives here. When I come by, the front gate is opened. I walked in and saw him on the ground with a scattered glass around him. Call an ambulance and now waiting for the forensic to come" he explained when Kihyun simply nodded at his question. "I saw your PI here. While helping the injured man, I saw him secretly taking photos over the gate. Why are you looking into this man?"

"I reach faster than the forensic. What a record" Kihyun replied. "Who lives here?" he casually asked and receives a 'you serious?' look from his friend. "I sent a sketch to my PI yesterday. He probably come here to follow his lead too" 

"What sketch?" 

"A sketch of a man who approaches Sang Wook at the cemetery. He claim to be the family of Chae Hyungwon" 

Prosecutor Kwak frowned. "No one knows how Chae Si Woo looks like before the lawsuit become viral" 

"Exactly. I have this feeling that whoever the man is, he got something to do with Hyungwon disappearance" Kihyun sighed. "What about you? Why are you looking for this guy?"

"Chae Hyungsik wanted to request for a punishment reducement. He tries to make a deal by offering my office, more like to me, a potential lead of a planned crime. So, I'm peeking around to see if his allegation is legit. According to him, the hit and run in Macau, could be something resulting from the couple's children rebellion. This is not an offical investigation yet. That's why I call you here. Who knows this might help you building Chae Hyungwon case. Do you know if Chae Hyungwon have another sibling?" 

"A sister. She passed away long time ago" Kihyun simply answered. 

"Does he ever mentioned any person by the name Baek Juyoon?" 

Kihyun shakes his head. 

"I talked to the landlord through the phone. This house is actually rented by a US citizen named, Owen Grey. I make a background check. Mr. Owen Grey was born in Korea. His birth name is Baek Juyoon" 

"You run a background check on a US citizen?" Kihyun sound judging. 

"Come on. You did something legal illegally too. Don't judge me" Prosecutor Kwak said before proceeding, "... you better read it yourself" he gives his phone for Kihyun to read the document. "What is that face mean?" he asks.

"My PI had come across of a profile name Kwon Jinho. There is no picture of him. But, it stated in the profile that Kwon Jinho is Hyungwon's younger brother. Kwon Jinho is seven years younger than Hyungwon. This Baek Juyoon guy is only four years younger than Hyungwon. When I sent the sketch to my PI yesterday, I was hoping that the man in the sketch is Kwon Jinho. But, it matched this man" Kihyun sound a little confused. "Is this valid?" he gave back the phone to the prosecutor.

"Should be. It's coming from the Registration Office" Prosecutor Kwak answered. "Maybe your PI makes a mistake" 

"It's ok. You can go to sleep and I will still be here when you wake up" Kihyun said as he tucked Hyungwon in. He sits on the chair while letting Hyungwon hold his hand tight. The latter is slowly drifting to the dreamland. 

"Jin... I'm sorry" 

Kihyun frowned at the sleep talk. But, he let Hyungwon be. 

"No. I heard Hyungwon sleep talk about him once. I am sure Kwon Jinho is real" Kihyun replied. 

"Then, there are two unknown child?" Prosecutor Kwak sighed. "If that is the case, maybe Chae Hyungsik in right. The accident must have something to do with this sibling rivalry" 

"The question is, how did Chae Hyungsik know? I mean it takes a lot of effort for my PI just to get a basic information about Kwon Jinho. It stated here than Baek Juyoon left Korea at age of 9 and never come back until a few months ago. Chae Hyungsik was not a speaking terms with his family at that time" 

"Very good observation" 

Kihyun frowned at his friend. "I think you should go and talk to Chae Hyungsik again. He seems to know something more than what he have told you" he returned the phone.

"Ok. Should I go talk to Madam Han too?" Prosecutor Kwak is taking notes on his phone. 

"No. Until we have a clear idea about what is happening, let's not bother her. She survived two major . The last one was three years ago and she still on watch for subsequent attack"

"Ok" Prosecutor Kwak nodded. 

Kihyun phone went off. 

"What is it?" Prosecutor Kwak is worried. "That face you are making right now usually mean bad" 

"That's Hyunwoo" Kihyun ended the phone call. "Hyungwon is in emergency surgery and Hoseok is in the ER. I have to go" he said before leaving. 

Prosecutor Kwak wanted to come with Kihyun. But, the forensic team just pulled up in front of him. 'Keep me posted!' is all he can say to his friend. 

************************************

"Hyunwoo" Kihyun approaches his husband. "How is he?" he asked as he touch Hoseok face gently. 

"He passed out from low sugar level. Luckily, he passed out in the hospital. A delayed medical attention could be fatal" Hyunwoo explained. "He is stable now. But, I'm going to admit him. Low blood sugar level in non-diabetic is a rare condition" he added. "I called you because he is your partner and friend and also, you are his emergency contact. Do you know anything about his health?" 

"This is the first time he passed out. But, he quite often has a light headed and jokes about his sugar running low" Kihyun become worried. "Is he ok?" 

"So far, his test is all clean. I'm suspecting his liver is a little misbehaving. With all the lack of rest and stress, it could also be his hormone. Don't worry much" Hyunwoo kissed his wife on the forehead. "I will process his admission paper" he said and left. 

Kihyun pull the chair and sit as close as he can to the bed. One hand is holding Hoseok's hand and one hand is playing with the hair. Then, he notices the patient on the next bed. Baek Juyoon, he thought. "Urrmm... nurse" he gently called the nurse who is changing Hoseok IV drip. "What happened to him?"

"I heard a prosecutor found him injured. We found cuts all over his body. It looks like he have a tendency for self harm. We have already informed the psychiatry, but no one come yet" 

"Is he awake?" 

"Barely. We sedate him, a mild dose. He might able to talk, but I don't think he is going to make sense" the nurse left after she is done with her job. 

Kihyun look around. The nurse and few patient families seem to be minding their own business. "Stay asleep, ok? I will come back" he whispered to Hoseok before approaching the patient next bed. He makes sure to pull over the curtain so no one can see them . He takes a seat on the chair and stare blankly at the man for a moment. "Ok, I am no Hyungwon. But, God... please make this work" he said before he scoop closer to the bed. 

Jooheon is just done checking on his patient. When he comes out from the ward, he can see Minhyuk is at the nurse's station. Minhyuk seem to be occupied with some paperwork. He frowned a little at the scene and approaches the Obgyn. 

"What are you doing here?" Minhyuk asked when he sees the pediatrician.

"Checking on a baby. I don't think the mother is your patient" Jooheon answered. "...and I don't think you should be working today" he added. 

"Can you see in that room? Three of my patients is in active labor" Minhyuk simply replied. 

"Can you even focus?" Jooheon asked. 

"Dr. Lee, bed 3020 is completely dilated" 

Both Jooheon and Minhyuk turn to look at the nurse. 

"I mean, Dr. Lee Minhyuk" she added. 

"Did her water broke yet?" Minhyuk asked. 

"Not yet" 

"Transfer her to the delivery room" Minhyuk replied. As he about to say something to Jooheon, another nurse shows up. "What is it?" he asked the nurse. 

"Bed 3022 is bleeding" 

"Got to go. Duty call" Minhyuk said and go into the room. 

Jooheon exhales a heavy breath. 

"I remember Dr. Chae said Dr. Lee Minhyuk first self defense mechanism is denial" the senior nurse said. "He probably just trying to protect himself from the heartbreak"

Jooheon turns to look at her. 

"It's not like he didn't care. He cares a lot, too much that every inch of his body is aching right now. He chooses to work because he wants the ache to stop" 

"Never cross my mind he didn't care" Jooheon replied. "I know he is in a tough situation right now. One is in the OR, one is in the ER. I'm worried if he ended up making mistake today" 

"Dr. Lee Jooheon, can I tell you something?" 

"What is it?"

"I peeked into Dr. Lee Minhyuk phone this morning. He was checking his text and I saw this message from Lawyer Lee to him" 

"What does it say?" 

"If I ever go to vegetative state, don't wait. Do you think that message is sent by Lawyer Lee himself or is it send by Dr. Chae?" 

Jooheon wipes his face in frustration. "I don't know" he replied. "I should go" he continued and left the department. 

At the hallway, Jooheon get torn in between. Should he take left and go to the OR? Should he take right and go to the ER?