The Appearance Of The White Celestial Dragon

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next day, the news of Silla winning against Goguryeo spread like wildfire. Though the palace was the first to receive the message, there surely were lots of eyes and ears within its walls.

And this did not escape Ara's knowledge. A bright glimmer of hope sparked in her eyes the moment she woke up and learned about it. But more than the news itself, she was more concerned naturally about Young. Sadly, she still had to keep pretending she was sick. Afterall, today was the last day of her waiting for the mysterious lady. She would not dare ruin their plan.

It was already dusk, a few moment after she took the last pill, when she heard a thud just outside her door followed by another. Not too long, the lady she had been waiting for rushed inside her room.

"Shhh!" The lady immediately hushed Ara when she saw she was about to speak. She made sure she was beside her, by the bed, when she started talking.

"I have prepared a carriage outside the Southern gates. You should take that way. Wait, did you take the last pill?"

Ara nodded. "How about you? You'll come with me, right?"

The lady shook her head. "I still have some matters to take care of. Don't worry. The men I've hired will protect you."

"Then, will I be able to see the prince soon?" Ara asked, now finally letting her foremost concern out. "I should be meeting him soon, right?"

"No," The lady answered honestly, not even blinking her eyes.

"Ah..." Ara forced a smile and nodded, trying to hide the disappointment in her eyes. "His Highness must have a lot to do upon his return. But after that, I should be able to see him right? I will just wait—"

"No. This is not the time yet. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not even in the next months. Not very soon." The lady told her. "Or everything I did to save you will all be left in vain." The lady was firm, his face casted a gloomy expression Ara has never seen on her before. "Listen to me," The lady held Ara's arms and leveled her gaze with hers. "Set aside other thoughts as of now and do everything to save yourself first. If something happens to you, then everyone, even the prince, might get in danger."

Ara was a smart girl. She understood this all too well and despite her longing for the prince, she wouldn't dare do anything to harm him or anyone. She didn't say anything no more. It was enough for her to comprehend the graveness of the situation. "Then my family?"

"I have taken them somewhere safe. The carriage will take you there."

"Thank you so much. I don't know how I can repay your kindness," Ara said as she held the lady's hands. She hesitated for a moment before asking a favor. "I know I've troubled you so much already but... Since you're staying... Would it be possible for you to meet His Highness? I wish to send him a letter, at least."

The lady pursed her lips as she thought for a moment. A letter won't do any harm right?

"Alright, then." The lady guided her to the desk. "Please write quickly. Every moment counts,"

 

 

"Sir, the Dark Den has sent a message. His Highness woke up!"

The General quickly left the tent and rode his horse to where the Dark Den was camping. He followed the directions on the letter and not too long he arrived at a cave just at the foot of the barren cliffs.

He unmounted his horse and ran inside, treading carefully for he knew Dark Den all too well. They were not only good fighters. They were also capable with poisons. The moment he reached midway, he heard a voice not too far ahead.

"Hold it!" The familiar voice said immediately making him halt. "No matter how great you are, it's won't be that you have no weakness, right? There are poison fumes acting as barrier just one step away from where you're standing." The voice taunted. Actually, even just by his presence the general was already irritated. How could such half blood be so arrogant to someone who was pure and mightier than him? He didn't dare voice out. The prince was a half blood as well. Wouldn't it be insulting the prince as well?

"Where is His Highness?" The General grew impatient.

"I'll take him out. You wait there."

In a blink of an eye, the shadow became clearer and it was not as if the general didn't know who it was to make him shocked or what, but still, the general was astounded beyond words when he saw Young.

The prince didn't even need assistance to walk!

In such a short time? Just overnight?

Flashbacks of Young appeared in his vision. Wasn't the prince severely wounded judging by his bloody body? But look at him now. Surely he looked a bit pale and weak but it was as if his body was never wounded. The General did not ask Lee Seungri anymore on where he got a set of clothes for the prince to wear knowing that it might sound like him acknowledging his ability.

"Young!" He hugged the prince when he reached his side, not noticing that Lee Seungri, the shadow whom he was talking to earlier, was sneering at him.

"Impudence!" Lee Seungri taunted the general more earning himself a glare from the latter. What? He was just getting back at him, he thought. Who was he to shout 'impudence' at him when he himself was addressi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter