Taking Part In The Investigation

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sandara slept like a log the whole night until almost noon the next day. When she woke up, her entire body felt heavy, and the dizziness that welcomed her made her close her eyes once more as she rubbed her temples to ease her terrible headache.

What did just happen? All she could remember was she drank with Lee Donghae and Hong. And then Kwon Jiyong nagged at them. After that, everything seemed to be so blurry.

"Good morning."

The familiar voice startled her. When she took a peep, Kwon Jiyong was walking lazily towards her, freshly showered. His long hair was still damp, his upper body bare and he draped a silk robe over his shoulders as he sat down on the side of her bed. He planted a soft kiss on her forehead and caressed her face. "How do you feel? Are you hurting somewhere?"

Sandara checked her body. Why does she feel so cold? Aside from her headache, her entire body felt like a horse had run over her. Her hands made its way into the blanket to touch her own body, only to find out why she felt very strange. Trembling as she took a peep into the thick blanket still with utmost disbelief, she screamed in horror as it finally dawned upon her.

"Aaaah!!! Kwon Jiyong you bastard! How dare you take advantage of me! I hate you!"

What take advantage? Wasn't it the other way around? This woman is really unbelievable! Kwon Jiyong tried to stop himself from scoffing at her in disbelief and pushed her back to bed once more. "Calm down."

Calm down? Sandara was beyond mortified to even retort. Did something really happen between them last night? How come she couldn't remember anything? Heat traveled up to her cheeks just by imagining all the scenes she's seen in Jo Sanggung's mind before. Did they do all of those? Glaring at Kwon Jiyong she secured the blanket around her as she sat up to hit him furiously.

"How dare you claim my entire body when you are having an affair with that Ming princess? Kwon Jiyong, you are detestable! I really hate you!" Sandara kept hitting Kwon Jiyong and he accepted it all. When she finally lost all her energy, Kwon Jiyong only pulled her into his arms and engulfed her in his embrace.

"You've already given this Lord a heavy punishment last night, and you still want to hurt me?" Kwon Jiyong sighed.

Punished him? Last night? Did she?

It didn't take long for her to confirm Kwon Jiyong's words. As soon as Kwon Jiyong opened up his thoughts for her to see, Sandara's cheeks turned even more red and heated. Everything that happened— from throwing a fit when Hong was taken to the prison, to confronting him and Zhu Yunhe, to her seductive advances on him, to her declaration of wanting to make babies with him, to biting his lip and making it bleed, to him suppressing his manly needs and taking care of her in return. All of those had her shrinking smaller and smaller that she found herself slowly moving out of his embrace.

Braving to take a glance at Kwon Jiyong, she noticed his lower left lip was wounded and he had purplish marks on his neck. Gasp! Was she really responsible for it? Embarrassed, she wanted to dig a hole and hide in it forever. Sandara crawled to the farthest corner of the bed and rolled into a ball inside the blanket.

"Go away. I'm not feeling well. I didn't see anything. And I don't remember anything." Sandara told him when she felt him move closer, but Kwon Jiyong only carried her, still curled like a ball, onto his lap.

"Are you sure? Well what a pity, there's still more I want to show you. I was hoping you'd give me a chance to clarify things," Kwon Jiyong said. As he pulled the blanket off her face, he swept the tendrils that covered her eyes and pressed his forehead against hers.

Soon, Sandara saw what really happened inside Zhu Yunhe's quarters. She learned Zhu Yunhe was wounded and he had to make sure she gets treated by a personal doctor inside his military estate. She saw him write letters to the king and to his men about his worries for the relationship of Ming and Joseon if the news about Zhu Yunhe getting hurt goes out. He talked to Zhu Yunhe and made sure they were at the same page so that the incident won't create unnecessary conflict between the two allied kingdoms.

When he opened his eyes, Sandara still had hers closed. No, she didn't even have the guts to face him. She had thought wrongly of him and accused him of something he wasn't guilty of. And what's worse, she acted up and, just as he said, punished him heavily last night when he was innocent.

"Did you see it this time?"

Sandara nodded slowly.

"Are we good now?"

Sandara didn't retort but kept her eyes closed, afraid to meet Kwon Jiyong's, feeling guilty over the way she acted last night. Kwon Jiyong watched her curiously.

"Still seeing something in my thoughts?"

"Uhm." Sandara retorted, making Kwon Jiyong's lips curve to a grin. He had already shut his mind a while ago and yet she claimed she was still seeing something? Preposterous!

"What do you see then?"

"You're silently laughing at me."

Kwon Jiyong chuckled fondly at her stubbornness, and pinched her cheeks before pulling the blanket over her once more.

"Does this make you more comfortable?" He asked while wrapping his arms securely around her still balled form.

"You… You sure that was what really happened?" Sandara's voice was small yet still full of suspicion.

"Whether you believe this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter