A Fellow Imoogi

The Last Imoogi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Realizing how grave the situation was, Kwon Jiyong put the bangle around her wrist again and pulled her up with him. He took off his outer robe and wrapped it around her since she was already in her sleep wear.

"Daegam, is it that creature again?" Sandara asked but Kwon Jiyong only grabbed his sword. Seeing this, Sandara rushed to his side. 

For heaven's sake, Kwon Jiyong's wounds haven't properly healed yet! "You're still injured!"

But Kwon Jiyong seemed not to hear her at all. "Stay here."

"But—"

"Be good and stay here. Lock the door." Kwon Jiyong told her before finally leaving.

Outside, some of the crews were already wounded. An imoogan loomed over the cowering men while the captain stood at the control deck, holding his own sword.

But Lee Donghae had no weapon with him and since he was a doctor, he could only make use of his needles. After coating each needle in a sedating poison, he inserted them in between his fingers and with a perfect aim, he launched it towards the imoogan at a great speed and precision.

Behind him, Kwon Jiyong emerged, looking very much enraged. His eyes had turned into serpent like orbs, glaring sharply at his target as his breath became rigid. He wanted to curse himself for that short moment he allowed Sandara to remove her bangle, and now the safety of everyone aboard was compromised.

Taking advantage since the beast seemed to have been distracted and weakened by the doctor's attack, he sprinted towards it and lifted his sword as he sprang up before stabbing it directly in its chest. The beast roared and convulsed immediately, making the boat tilt dangerously. Fortunately, this imoogan was weaker than the one he encountered un Hwanghae. As it panted for its last breath, Kwon Jiyong didn't let his guards down this time. Pulling out his sword from the imoogan's chest, he bent down and tore its head and limbs, its dark blood splattering all over his body.

The crew all rushed behind him just in time as he shut his eyes and tried to calm himself down. The captain and his men were sure they have a very important person aboard. Kwon Jiyong's aura couldn't lie after all. How could such a disaster happen tonight of all times? The captain, a middle aged man with a white beard rushed down to kneel before him and soon, everyone else did the same.

Kwon Jiyong panted and winced as he felt the wound on his back hurt. Lee Donghae noticed this and was quick to assist him.

"Daegam, your wound isn't properly healed yet. Please go back to your room."

"I need to take care of this mess," Kwon Jiyong said but the captain volunteered immediately.

"Please entrust this to us. You do not have to worry. Such beasts have been sighted a lot lately so we were aware of it. Please forgive us for the poor security. Tonight was the very first time it had attacked us viciously," The captain interrupted. This wealthy man had paid a hefty price for this journey, so he understood he was an influential person they should serve him well.

Kwon Jiyong nodded and turned to Doctor Lee. "I would have to trouble you to take good care of the wounded ones,"

"This one understands. Please go inside and take some rest,"

"Where's the boy?" He asked, pertaining to Ryung.

"He was sleeping. He lost all his energy after throwing up a lot. Please don't worry,"

Kwon Jiyong nodded. As soon as he was away from the crowd, he touched a part of his wound on his lower right hip and realized there was fresh blood dripping. Feeling the strain on his back, Kwon Jiyong slowly walked back to his chamber where Sandara was waiting. "Open the door, it's me."

Sandara wasted no time and unlocked the door. She was already very worried from the moment he left but when she saw him untying his bloodied robe, her heart even rammed wilder in her chest.

"Are you alright?" Kwon Jiyong asked her.

"Shouldn't it be me who's asking you that question?" She wiped the traces of dark blood on his face with her fingers before shuffling behind him to help him ease himself out of his robe, and when his upper body was finally bare, she realized his lower wound was bleeding.

"Lie down!" Sandara pushed him down to bed until he was lying on his stomach. She cut the bandages and inspected each wound upclose. While the first and second one seemed still intact, the one below opened up once more. Sandara immediately looked for a clean cloth and a medicine kit to treat him.

"It's nothing," Kwon Jiyong must have sensed how worried she is. He tried to push himself up only to be pushed down by her once more.

Since when did this weak woman become so strong?

Certainly, Kwon Jiyong doesn't have any knowledge what more interest in women but he at least know to such extent that women gets easily frightened by the sight of wound and blood. But Sandara was different, way too different that he couldn't fathom her most of the time.

She's always been resolute, outspoken and dignified, that sometimes when she behaves and gives him that dazed and stupid expression, he couldn't help but be amused by her. Curious about her, he tried to sit up but Sandara scolded him.

"Don't move." She told him in an imposing voice that almost matched his authority. Sandara silently treated his wound before asking him to sit up so she could bandage his torso. She saw how Doctor Lee did it before and since only one of the three long wounds was bleeding, she knew she could handle it. Seated behind him, she swept his long hair over his shoulder before wounding up the bandage around his body.

"How many times had this happened before?" Sandara finally broke her silence. Judging by the other scars all over his body, it seemed to her that he had been doing this all his life.

Kwon Jiyong answered her with a sigh. How was he to explain he had encountered imoogans for almost a thousand years?

"This one looks really painful," Sandara carefully trailed his fingers to the wound near his hip. "I think I need to call Doctor Lee and see if I did it right,"

"No need. It doesn't hurt much."

"Show off." Sandara scow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter