Give me a chance

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

THE PRESENT

The Infinite members were fuming when that part of the memory finished playing. Hoya charged towards Woohyun angrily, wanting to kill the hyung and Sunggyu and Dongwoo had to hold him back. Not because they wanted to but because they were the two oldest.

Everyone wanted to kill Woohyun for being so foolish at that time.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!" Hoya yelled so loudly, everyone had to cover their ears for a bit. "You freaking ! I'm going to kill you if that's the last thing I do!"

"You can't kill him." L said calmly. "He's just the real Woohyun's conscience."

"You can't exactly kill Woohyun hyung's conscience cause apparently, he doesn't have one." Sungyeol snickered.

Woohyun felt like dying. Literally. All s were being so hostile to him, and the guilt in his tummy was ten times worse.

Damn, why did he have to go to that pub in the first place?!

"She loves you, Woohyun." Sunggyu shook his head. "Not only do you almost not turn up, you turn up late, with a girl in your arms, and she has to witness you snogging a girl in front of her and almost having in your front yard!"

Woohyun winced. Crude as it is, it was true.

"I..I..." Woohyun stuttered. "I was drunk. I didn't remember anything."

"Then why did you even drink?" Sungjong asked. "Why didn't you just wait for Yoomi at her house? Why didn't you just continue drinking your orange juice contently? Why did you have to flirt with random girls?"

"She was y okay!" Woohyun defended. "I'm a male too! She broke through my defences!"

"Of all days you had to succumb to temptations that day." Hoya shook his head. "Yoomi had to be hurting. Bad. Damn freaking bad." he muttered. Every word stabbed Woohyun in his heart and he lowered his head shamefully.

*I regret it. I regret it so much.* he closed his eyes painfully.


 

Yoomi didn't know where she was going.

She just let Onew lead her to wherever, as she clung onto his arm for support. Her knees were like jelly, and her lips trembling. The images of Woohyun and that girl kept coming to her, and she really couldn't get them out.

Onew sighed softly as he heard her sobbing again. *I swear, Nam Woohyun. One day I'll get you for hurting her so bad.*

He stopped and turned around. He wiped the tears off her face and tilted her face to look at him. "I'm going to book you a hotel room, alright?" he said gently. "Don't go back there. Rest in the hotel and I'll bring you back in the morning to get your books and change of clothes."

Yoomi nodded numbly as Onew led her to the nearest hotel. He got a room for her and placed her down on the soft bed gently. He tucked her in the blankets and curled a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"I'll get a towel to clean you up." he told her.

Yoomi stared up at the ceiling blankly, the night's incidents replaying over and over in her mind. What was Woohyun doing now? No doubt he was having a time of his life, with that ty girl.

Yoomi winced. *Did I mean nothing to him? Why did he have to do that to me?*

Onew sighed as he saw Yoomi's blank expression. The shock had turned her into someone who had no emotions. She looked at Onew blankly as he sat her up again, gently wiping her arms and legs with the towel. She was sweaty from the day at Lotte world, and he wanted her to rest as comfortably as possible.

Yoomi stared at Onew as he washed her gently, his touch tender and loving. They sent small shocks up her body and she felt unusually warm, which made up for the pain Woohyun brought her, just a little.

Onew caught her staring and smiled warmly, rinsing the towel and wiping her face. He cleaned every part of her beautiful face, and brushed the hair out of her eyes. He set her down again and covered the blankets over her. "Sleep tight, Yoomi. I'll be here if you need anything." he told her as he sat down on the chair beside her bed.

Yoomi stayed awake for a while, listening to Onew adjust himself on the chair to get a comfortable position to fall asleep. Why was he doing this? Why did he have to suffer while he gave her the bed? Why?

"Why are you so good to me, Jinki oppa?"

Onew thought he was dreaming when he heard her. He thought she was asleep. "What?" he blinked.

"Why are you so good to me?" he heard her sobbing. Onew softened and turned the bedside lamp on to see her face streaked with the tears he tried so hard to keep away. "Woohyun oppa thought me as scum. I wasn't even worth his time. But why do you stay by my side, Jinki oppa? Why do you treat me so well? Why don't you leave me too?"

Onew caressed her face softly. "Because I love you."

Yoomi froze. She hiccupped in surprise, her eyes wide. "Jinki oppa.." she gasped.

Onew laughed softly as he her hair. "I've loved you for a long time, Yoomi. I knew from the start you liked Woohyun, but I just couldn't stop myself. I think I've begun my crush since the moment I've set my eyes on you, Yoomi." he told her softly, not wanting to scare her away.

"You were so cheerful and happy all the time, but at the same time vulnerable. I couldn't see you get hurt by Woohyun time and time again. I wanted to protect you. I want that smile on your face to remain there forever." Onew whispered. "I love you, Yoomi. I love you so much."

Yoomi swallowed, tears filling her eyes again. She could hear the love in his voice, how could she have missed it before? Just like how she loved Woohyun and waited for him to reprociate her feelings, Onew did the same for her. Did she make him suffer too?

"Jinki oppa.." Yoomi's voice ached with pain and apology for her ignorance.

Onew shushed her. "It's okay if you can't accept me now." he told her. "I don't mind being a rebound, Yoomi. I don't mind if I'm just Woohyun's substitute. I can wait till the day you forget him and can love me wholeheartedly. Just give me that chance, please?"

Yoomi burst into tears as she threw her hands round Onew's neck and hugged him desperately. "Yes I'll give you the chance Jinki oppa. I'll try to forget him. Take the pain away from me. I don't want to be hurt by Woohyun again."

Onew closed his eyes in content as he held her. *I'll take the pain away. All of it.*




Woohyun woke up with a terrible headache. He squinted as the sunlight attacked his eyes. He shifted on his bed, only to find himself completely . The girl he spent the night with had already left, leaving him confused.

He groaned as he sat up, getting his phone to see the time. It was 11am already, 17 May 2011.

Woohyun's eyes shot opened. *17 May? ! Yoomi!* Woohyun grabbed his shirt, boxers and trousers and threw them on, racing down the stairs. He ran to Yoomi's house and was prepared to bang on the door, when it opened.

Onew was carrying Yoomi's bag with her books and clothes, while Yoomi was following behind him. Woohyun's eyes slid down to their intertwined hands and his stomach lurched.

"What the ?" Woohyun cursed.

Onew put on a hostile face as he glared at Woohyun. "Please move aside. We have to get to school."

Onew bumped Woohyun's shoulder as he passed, pushing him roughly out of the way. Yoomi daren't look at Woohyun, as the previous night's incident was still fresh in her mind. Woohyun grabbed her arm and turned her to face him.

"You spent the night with him?" he demanded.

Yoomi looked away. Onew pulled Woohyun's hand off Yoomi's and glared. "We don't have to tell you anything." he snarled. He took Yoomi's hand again. "Come on Yoomi." he said softly.

Woohyun watched as Yoomi and Onew walked away, his heart burning with jealously. Images of Onew and Yoomi in bed, just in the house beside his made him want to puke. He completely forgot he was the one who got laid when he was supposed to meet her, and now he was fuming because he thought she did.

*Damn woman.* Woohyun growled.

 

-----

Woohyun jealous? ^^

Anyway guys, the new fic is finally here! (:

I know I made you guys go through many rounds of voting, but I hope you guys can understand. The first two polls at micropoll don't limit one vote per person and there are lots of spamming.

I took the results of the AFF one because spamming isn't possible. I'm sorry if your choice wasn't chosen, but you know me, if I choose those idols as one of the choices, they'll appear in my fics sooner or later. I like them myself so I put them in the choices you know ^^

So here's the fic!

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate [CLICK]