Her birthday with SHINee

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

It was a lovely morning.

The birds seemed chirpier than usual, the sun's rays seemed gentler and warmer at the same time, and the trees and plants looked healthier.

Even the thought that her mother and her neighbors had all gone overseas leaving her very much alone, didn't dampen her spirits.

It was Yoomi's birthday, and she sure was going to enjoy herself.

She crawled over to her bedside and took her phone off her charger. There were five messages.

Yoomi clicked on the first one, sent just five minutes ago. It was by the other four members of SHINee. They wished her happy birthday and Taemin didn't forget to remind her to drink milk. Apparently they were fighting to send her the message because they came a string of unrecognizable words and was cut off abruptly, meaning they accidentally sent it while fighting.

The other two messages were from the Infinte boys and Hoya respectively. Yoomi opened Woohyun's message, anticipating it's contents.

Happy birthday, Yoomi!
You're 20 internationally already! I regret not spending time with you on your birthdays in the past, and I hope to do so from now.
See you later at night!
-Woohyun Oppa

Yoomi smiled and opened the next message. It was sent at twelve midnight exactly, meaning that Onew had stayed up late just to send his wishes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY AWEEEESOMEEE YOOMI!!
Time sure flies and it's already your birthday! When you read this I bet it's already nine in the morning. (Yes I know you too well Yoomi and stop rubbing your eyes)
Wash up and have a good breakfast. I left the breakfast at your door.
I'll make sure you have a blast on your wonderful birthday this year. See you later!
Love,
Onew

Yoomi giggled as she ran downstairs. True to his word, he really left her breakfast at her doorstep. When she opened the container, it contained of cute sandwiches with smiling faces and cherries at the side.

Yoomi took a photo of it before eating it well. She felt warm and contented as she finished the breakfast Onew prepared. She felt loved, blessed, and the luckiest girl in the world.

There came a knock on the door and it revealed to be five shining boys of SHINee. Taemin attacked her with a hug the first thing he saw her.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOONA!!" Taemin squealed.

Yoomi giggled. "Thanks." she looked at them. "Where are we going today?"

Key tutted his lips. "Secret." he made an exaggerated expression. Onew shook his head in amusement and ruffled Yoomi's bed hair. She looked so cute looking half-awake.

"Change your clothes and freshen up." he told her. "We'll bring you out."

Yoomi beamed as she rushed upstairs to change. She appeared a few minutes later, wearing a pretty flowery dress and a cute hairband on her head. Onew gaped at her blatantly, until Jonghyun nudged him.

"Don't look like a stalker, Hyung." he hissed.

Onew reddened and kept his eyes off Yoomi. "Right." he told himself. He laughed as Yoomi bounced out of her house happily. Even at twenty her innocence was appealing. Onew didn't want that innocence to ever fade away.

Minho drove the lot to their destination, and Yoomi's eyes were wide in surprise. "Lotte World?"

Onew looked flustered. "Do you not like it?" he asked. "I suggested it cause I thought you'd like it. But if you don't IRS okay we can go somewhere else-"

"I love it, Jinki Oppa!" Yoomi dashed off the car excitedly. "Let's go now! I wanna sit on the merry go round!"

Onew heaved a sigh of relief and stared adoringly at Yoomi who crossed and uncrossed her legs impatiently while waiting for the tickets. She was like a child.

They went on all sorts of rides. From lame children one's to adventure thrilling one's. Yoomi never had so much fun in her life.

She wasn't a really daring person, and she never really liked those roller coasters and what not. Those rides always made her feel like her heart was about to explode and her stomach came up to .

She sat with the SHINee members on those rides. Sometimes it was Key. Sometimes it was Jonghyun. They always told her encouraging stuff and said it was alright.

But when she sat with Onew, somehow the fear was so much lesser. The way his large warm hand enveloped around hers made her feel safe. A simple gesture of smiling at her, Yoomi dared to look down from a few stories high and not feel scared. His presence was a whole lot different compared to the other SHINee boys, and Yoomi had no idea what it was.

The only thing she knew was that Onew was very important to her, and she couldn't imagine her life if he wasn't around.

The day passed faster than anyone of them would have liked. Burdened by school, it wasn't very frequent they could just come out and behave like a few lunatic kids.

Yoomi glanced at her watch. It was already 6:50pm and she arranged to meet Woohyun at her house at 7pm. "I have to go." she told them.

Taemin's face fell. "So fast? But we haven't even had dinner together! And we ordered that cake!" he whined.

Yoomi shot a helpless look at Onew. He knew she was meeting up with Woohyun. It had to be. He sighed, cursing himself for being so soft-hearted, before opening his mouth to say," We can't have her to ourselves for the whole day on her birthday right?" he reasoned. "And I'm sure Yoomi's mother is still waiting for her video call."

Yoomi nodded anxiously. The SHINee boys sighed. "Fine then. See you tomorrow at afternoon lectures, Yoomi." they waved.

Onew took Yoomi by her wrist and led her back to her house. They reached her house exactly at seven but Woohyun hadn't arrived.

"I'll wait with you till he comes, Yoomi." Onew offered.

Yoomi smiled at him sweetly. "Thank you Jinki Oppa. You're the nicest person I've ever met."

Onew rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, err I have a present for you."

Yoomi's eyes widened. She brought the large Teddy bear in her arms in front of him. "But SHINee already gave me this!"

Onew chuckled. "That's from SHINee. This is from me." he took out a beautiful charm bracelet from his pocket.

Yoomi gasped. It was beautiful. It had several different charms on it. One was a sunflower, since her smile was just as bright. Another was a cherry, because she was much sweeter. The paint palate signified her love for drawing, and a strawberry to signify the first time they had a strawberry fight during the christmas vacation.

Yoomi the last charm curiously. It was a beautifully crafted key. Delicate and bright. "What's this supposed to represent, Jinki Oppa?"

Onew gulped. *Cause you're the only person with that key to my heart.* "Uh...nothing. I just thought it looked pretty." he fibbed.

Yoomi still smiled as she gave him a hug. "Thank you, Jinki Oppa. You always know how to make me smile."

Onew sighed in content as he wrapped his arms round her. *And it's only when you're happy, that I find my happiness.*