Stupid?

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

Woohyun didn't meet Yoomi's curious gaze the next day at school.

He was in a different faculty altogether so it was rather easy for him to avoid her. He didn't know why he avoided her though, but he didn't want to explain things.

Yoomi was burning with curiosity. Why was she number three on his speed dial? Why did he look for her when he's in trouble? What about those other girls? Didn't he hate her?

"Hey Yoomi ah." Onew waved his hand in front of her face. "You alright? You've been stoning there for a while."

Yoomi blinked. "Ah yea." she nodded and smiled assuringly. "Just a little confused over some minor things. Nothing for you to worry about, Jinki oppa."

Onew smiled warmly. "That's great." his smile was so genuine and happy, it always made Yoomi feel safe. "I thought I had to spend on chicken to cheer you up." he teased.

"Hey!" Yoomi pouted cutely.

Onew laughed and pinched her cheek, waiting for her to get her books before they went off to the next class together. There were many speculations that Onew and Yoomi were together, but no one knew for sure.

Onew made sure none of these rumours reached Yoomi. One, he was afraid she would be bothered. Two, he didn't want them to be awkward.

He loved her enough to keep their relationship platonic. For now.

He caught her looking in Woohyun's way again and he flinched. *For how long is she going to keep loving that bastard?* he thought. *How long am I going to love someone who isn't going to love me back?*

He sighed softly and smiled when Yoomi turned to look at him. She beamed back prettily and continued walking.

Onew's heart skipped a beat at her pretty smile. *Nam Woohyun doesn't know what he's missing.*




Yoomi stared blankly at her notes.

She couldn't get a single bit of information in her head no matter how many times she read the freaking thing. She was curious about Woohyun. Too curious for her own good.

She couldn't get him out of her head, not that she managed to do that for the past years. But now, he was consistently bugging her. Just what did he think of her now?

And she had more things to fret over too.

Why is she feeling more and more strange whenever she was with Onew? Recently, she found that her heart would accelerate when he's near, and her cheeks would flush whenever he smiles. Isn't that symptoms of someone in love? But she was in love with Woohyun, not Onew.

She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't see a dark shadow casted on her table, signalling an intruder, until there came a knock.

Yoomi immediately stood up and opened her door, thinking it was her mother passing her some juice like other nights. She frowned slightly since her mother already did that five minutes ago. Did she forget and came to pass her juice again?

She was greeted with an empty doorway when she opened the window, making her frown in puzzlement. She shrugged, and turned around to go back to her desk, only to catch sight of that person outside her bedroom window.

Her breath hitched and she let out a gasp. It was Nam Woohyun.

She hurried to the window and cautiously opened it, her mind bursting with thousands of questions. It seemed surreal. It seemed as if she had sunk into one of her dreams again.

Woohyun climbed into her room skillfully and landed on two feet. He chuckled. "Seems like I never lost the touch of climbing up here."

Yoomi stared. Did he just....chuckle?

He looked around the room as if he was attending some museum. "Your room didn't change much, did it?" Woohyun asked casually. "Only the colours of the walls. I've got to admit, white gives off a much better finish than yellow."

Yoomi swallowed. She seriously didn't know what to think.

Woohyun sat on the bed and glanced at her. He raised his brows amusedly when he caught her staring at him as if he was an alien from out of space. "Hey Yoomi?" he waved his hands in front of her. "Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

Yoomi blinked. , her imagination was getting out of hand. Did she just conjure this fantasy that Woohyun climbed into her room and was sitting on her bed? Oh . He was.

"What are you doing, Woohyun oppa?" came her trembling whisper.

Woohyun shot her a incredulous look. "What do you think?" he tapped her nose, as if they were friends all along. "I'm sitting on your bed, babo."

Yoomi bit her lip. "I mean," her voice was louder this time. "What are you doing here? I thought you didn't want to be friends with me. I thought you hated me. Why are you here now? In my room, on my bed acting like nothing ever happened?"

Woohyun lowered his gaze. Of course she would ask that. Of course he couldn't barge into her room like that and expect her not to think of him as a true mental patient.

"I..." Woohyun muttered. He looked up and met her curious orbs. "I'm sorry." came his whisper.

Yoomi took a sharp intake of breath. "What?"

"I'm sorry." Woohyun repeated. "I...I was such a crazy person. I didn't know fame and glory would make me lose all my senses. I'm sorry for all I did to you in the past, Yoomi. I know I sound retarded but I really am sorry. I pushed you out of my life, not knowing what the hell I did. Not until recently did I realise what I really did. I'm so foolish."

Yoomi stared at him in disbelief. "You're..sorry?" she whispered. "But...you hate me." came her pained voice.

Woohyun softened and gathered her in his arms. Yoomi stiffened as she smelt his familiar scent again. This scent that she missed for so many years. Damn, this was crazy.

"I don't hate you." Woohyun breathed. "I...I have no idea what I'm feeling right now, but all I know is that I was freaking stupid to cast you out of my life in the past. I want you back, Yoomi."

"You what?" Yoomi gaped at him.

"I want you back." Woohyun caressed her soft cheeks with his thumb, her hair with his other hand. "Can we be friends again?"

It didn't take Yoomi more than half a second to provide him with an answer. "YES!" she threw her hands around him. "Yes yes yes!!"

Woohyun broke into a wide smile. What the hell he was doing, he didn't know. He went through so much trouble to keep her out of his life, and all of a sudden, she seemed like the missing piece of happiness he had been in search of all along.

"But, can you do me a favour, Yoomi?" Woohyun asked. "Can you not tell anyone that we're friends?"

Yoomi furrowed her brows. "Huh?"

"We can be friends when we're alone, but not when there're other people." Woohyun rocked her side to side. "The Infinite members would kill me if they knew I came back. And we have a history, Yoomi. Other girls may think we're attached to each other."

Yoomi didn't get what point he was trying to get across. What mattered to her was him, finally returning to her.

"Yes. I'll do anything you want."

Woohyun smiled and hugged her. "Thank you Yoomi."


 

5 February 2011

Dear Diary,

I thought I was dreaming. Is it a sin to be so happy right now? I'm so happy I don't think anything could dampen my spirits.

I love him so much, Diary. I love Woohyun oppa so much.

That's why when he asked me not to tell anyone, I agreed. Even though it means he's still ashamed of me. Even though it means he values what other girls think of him more than me. Even though it means he thinks his pride is more important than our friendship.

Am I stupid, Diary, for agreeing?