Breakup

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

THE PRESENT

"Hey now I think of it," Dongwoo suddenly blurted. "At this point of time, I've seen you with a couple of girls. Didn't Jina mind?"

Hoya rolled his eyes at his rapper husband. "You stupid." he retorted. "Didn't you notice that Woohyun had been fooling around behind Jina's back?"

"Hey!" Woohyun frowned. "I'm here you know!"

Sungyeol ignored his Hyung. "Oh yeah!" he nodded. "I saw Hyung with almost one girl every few days. I think Jina knows about it, I wonder why she didn't do anything."

"That's because all she cares about is to have a superstar boyfriend." L reasoned. "As long as people know that Woohyun is hers, no matter how many girls he has, it doesn't matter."

"She likes status doesn't she?" Sunggyu agreed. "Is that why she broke up with you, Woohyun?"

Woohyun shrugged. "I think. It didn't affect me much at that time though. I don't love her."

"Then why did you ask her to be your girl?" Hoya retorted completely confused.

"Because she looks good next to me." Woohyun muttered. He sighed softly.

"Now I'm starting to think, a girl like that doesn't really matter. What really matters is a girl who loves me, and I love her back."

 


 


One week after Infinite's debut, Hoya went back to his house to visit. (Note: since their debut, they began staying in the dorm)

Yoomi was elated to see him, attacking him with a big bear hug. "HOYA OPPA!!! THE SUPERSTAR!!"

Hoya chuckled and ruffled her hair. "We've only debuted for a week Yoomi. Not superstars yet." he told her.

Yoomi beamed at him. "You're a superstar to me." she smiled. She looked behind him, her eyes darting around, searching.

"He didn't come." Hoya told her. Yoomi's face fell. "Oh."

Hoya sighed and ushered her into his house. Woohyun didn't want to visit home. He said he had better things to do.

Hoya's mother saw him and she burst into a smile. His father smiled proudly at him, signaling that he was proud of his son. No matter how Infinite became, what mattered was how his parents loved him.

The Shin family and Lee family had a marvelous heart warming dinner together. Mrs Shin and Mrs Lee cooked a scrumptious meal together, and Mr Lee even offered to do the dishes.

Hoya and Yoomi were busy stuffing food in each other's plates. They saw each other at school only now, and Hoya would go to practice immediately after. He stayed in the dorm, so she didn't have the chance to meet him at night too.  They only exchanged calls at night.

The two families were watching tv together, laughing and chatting, when an interview of Infinite was aired.

They all straightened up and watched attentively. "Annyeonghaseyo! Uri Infinite Imnida!" they chorused.

"Wow my son is so handsome!!" Mrs Lee cooed. "He's so blindingly good looking I think I'm going to faint!!"

"Umma!" Hoya turned embarrassed. "Stop embarrassing yourself!"

The interviewer asked several typical questions. How they felt about their debut, what was their song's style, and their feelings and thoughts about finally debuting.

The segment turned interesting when the interviewer took out few slips of paper containing questions asked by fans.

"So, to Hoya, which member are you the most secretly displeased about?" the interviewer had asked.

The Hoya on screen turned awkward. "Must I reply? I have to go home with the member's later!" he complained.

"Your fans asked." the Interviewer chuckled. "Come on. It won't hurt."

"Well..." Hoya started slowly. "First, there's Sungjong, because I think his girl group dances are really gay. Then there's L, because he never smiles. Lastly..." Hoya's gaze flickered to Woohyun.

"Woohyun Hyung." Hoya admitted.

"And why is that?" The Interviewer asked.

Hoya bit his lip. *Because he's a jerk.* He shrugged. "Many things. Maybe because...I know him too well."

"Ah.." The interviewer laughed. "Strange answer, but it'll do. Okay next question is directed to Woohyun. Woohyun, do you have a girlfriend now? Truthfully."

Woohyun smiled at the camera without hesitation. "Of course not. If I have a girlfriend, it'll be Inspirit!" and he even did the heart throwing thing he was known for.

Yoomi froze in front of the tv. "Isn't Woohyun Oppa and Jina still together?"

Hoya shrugged. "I think so. But he can't possibly say he has a girlfriend, cause it'll make him lose fans. And we just debuted. He can't risk that."

"I see..." Yoomi nodded. "I guess it'll hurt a little if I were Jina, but I wouldn't mind. It's his career after all."

 


Apparently Jina didn't think the same.

The whole school crowded around the cafeteria for the show of the Kingka queenka couple quarreling. "Why didn't you say that you had a girlfriend?" Jina demanded. "My other friends watched the interview and laughed at me, saying that I was lying!"

"Can't you understand Jina?" Woohyun asked. "I'm a celebrity now. I can't just expose my love life like that!"

"Then why the hell do I want to be your girlfriend if others don't know about it?" Jina demanded. "That's why I tolerated you fooling around with other girls! Because I get the glory for being your official girlfriend!"

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Since it's clear I'm not going to reveal my love life, then let's just end it here. I'm not going to waste my time with a girl like you."

"NAM WOOHYUN!!!" Jina screamed.

"Yep. We're definitely breaking up." Woohyun nodded as he strode away indifferent.

Yoomi and the SHINee boys were watching the scene in silence. Onew glanced at Yoomi and observed her expression. It was confused.

"What are you thinking about, Yoomi?" He whispered.

Yoomi's round orbs met his. "I...I..." she stuttered. "I was just thinking, didn't Woohyun Oppa love Jina? Why didn't he show any signs of sadness?"

Onew patted her head. "That's because he never loved her. Love isn't what he's looking for. He's looking for fame."

Yoomi's eyes lowered taking it in. *Fame? Why would anyone choose fame over love. I really don't understand Woohyun Oppa anymore.*