Lonely

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

"Hi Onew." Hoya smiled when Yoomi introduced them. "I always wanted to meet you. I heard you were a nice person to Yoomi."

Onew reddened. "Ah... a-about that.." he blushed. "She's a nice person too. All of us SHINee like her."

Soon, Onew's parents got acqquainted with Yoomi, Hoya and Woohyuns' parents and they soon chatted like they knew each other and even made plans to look around the area together.

Woohyun ignored Onew with all his might, as he was a piece of undesirable dirt. He went around the resort searching for wifi so he could email  his girlfriend.

Hoya went to watch the horses with his father and that left Yoomi alone with Onew. They were just sitting at the lobby boredly, not having anything to do until Yoomi caught Onew peeking at her.

"Anything's the matter, Jinki oppa?" she asked.

"Uh." Onew rubbed the back of his neck. "I was wondering, since we both don't have anywhere to go, do you want to look around with me?" he asked bashfully.

Yoomi laughed. *Her laugh sounds wonderful.* Onew thought.

"Why do you act like I don't want to spend time with you?" she asked. "I'm your friend now right? Let's go then!"

Onew stood behind Yoomi to prevent her from seeing his smile. Was it creepy of him to be so easily satisfied by her? He didn't know why, but he really liked time with her.

They didn't know where to go, so they strolled around the farm. They saw cows and horses and sheeps.

Yoomi was elated to see horses and she squealed in delight. "Jinki oppa! Look at those horses! Let's go ride them too!" she dragged him with her. Onew looked at her hand grabbing onto his hand and smiled.

They consulted a local farmer and he helped them onto his horses. It seems that Onew already had experience riding horses and it wasn't the first time he went to the farm for a vacation.

He sat in the front while Yoomi said behind him. They trotted slowly at first, both of them rather awkward about the physical contact since Yoomi had to hug Onew from behind to prevent herself from falling.

His cheeks were a permanent red and his heart was racing fast. It wasn't often that he talked to girls except for his mother, and moreover, a girl that he really adored.

*Come on Onew, don't act so shy. It's as if you never had any friends that were girls!* he scolded himself. He thought for a while. *Well it's true that I don't have any friends that are girls.*

He didn't really think about what he was doing and his leg accidentally jerked. The horse heeded to the instruction and began running fast, which was much faster than it's previous trot.

Yoomi and Onew were thrown off guard and they yelped. Yoomi hugged Onew hard while Onew frantically tried to stop the horse.

They finally slowed to a trot and both of them could finalyl breathe.

"Wow." was all Yoomi could say.

Onew turned around apologetically. "Did I scare you?" he flustered. "I'm sorry I didn't pay attention and I accidentally-"

"It was fun!" Yoomi blurted.

Onew blinked at her. "Fun?" he echoed.

"Yeah!" Yoomi giggled. "Just a little frightening, but it was fun!" She smiled brightly. "Let's do it again!"

onew smiled confusedly, not really believing that she didn't blame him for that scare. Fun? It was fun? Onew smiled as he made the horse go faster, feeling her hug him tighter too.

*Shin YOomi, you're so unpredictable.* he thought.

 


They soon got bored of riding and looked for other things to do. They came across the strawberry farm and Yoomi dragged Onew inside again. Onew was amused at how Yoomi seemed to be curious and interested in everything she saw. She was like a kid, easily satisfied.

"Let's play a game Jinki oppa." Yoomi beamed. "The person who picks the biggest strawberry wins!"

Onew laughed. "Okay! The winner has to treat chicken!"

Both of them raced in different directions and began finding picking strawberries till their baskets were full. Yoomi seemed like a kid and she even borrowed the farmer's sunhat, tip toeing and looking for the strawberries.

Soon, Onew found himself not looking at strawberries, but the girl who was picking them. He smiled to himself. *She's a gem.*

 


Hoya soon returned from the farm to the resort and didn't find Yoomi and Onew anywhere. He instead found Woohyun in the lobby, using the resort's Wifi. "Where is Yoomi? And Onew?" he asked. "Did they go somewhere?"

Woohyun shrugged. "I don't know. Don't care."

Hoya pouted and sat down beside Woohyun, taking out his phone to use the internet too. Fifteen minutes later, he too got bored of using the internet. Why do something you can do everyday when you can do something different?

"I'm going to find Yoomi and Onew. Wnat to come?" Hoya asked.

Woohyun scowled at Onew's name. "No." he answered curtly.

Hoya shrugged and went off to find the other two. Woohyun shrugged and continued surfing the net even though he was dead bored of it.

He sighed to himself as he realised how much of a loner he was. *Stupid Onew. He stole my best friends away.*