A day with Infinite

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk

A few weeks passed after Woohyun and Hoya first got into Woollim Entertainment. They talked about the Infinite members vividly, and Yoomi already felt like she knew them.

She knew the leader Sunggyu liked to order people around but not do things himself, but he really does care for the members and is a good leader. Dongwoo was really passionate about dancing and he confessed that when he stood in the centre, he felt this rush of exhilaration every time. Sungyeol was the tallest out of them, but his face was like a elementary student, and he liked playing tricks on them. Myungsoo, who preferred to be called L, was the visual, but he had weird tantrums, especially when the weather turned hot. Sungjong was a little vain compared to the others and liked to dance girl group dances.

She was curious as to how these people look like in real life, and she really wanted to meet them. These people, who were sharing the same dream as her best friend, and the love of her life.

She was jerked out of her thoughts one day when Hoya nudged her. "Are you free tomorrow?" he asked.

Yoomi blinked. "Why?" she laughed a little. "Since when was I not free anyway? I'm always at home reading."

Hoya poked her forehead. "That's just courtesy Yoomi."

Woohyun sent Yoomi a look. "I heard you went to Onew's house." he looked unhappy. "Are you that close with SHINee?"

Yoomi shook her head. "I went there to finish the project since...I'm in the same group as them." Woohyun was reminded of how he chose Soyi instead of Yoomi and cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Anyway." he changed the topic. "The Infinite members are going out together tomorrow to the movies and arcade. Do you want to come with us?"

"I can?" Yoomi brightened. She really wanted to meet these amazing guys.

"Of course you can." Hoya laughed and ruffled her hair. "Don't sleep too late tonight reading okay?"




"HELLO!!!"

Yoomi was bombared with enthusiastic greetings the next day when she met Infinite for the first time. They were really good-looking guys, even though they were dressed casual and all. Yoomi could imagine them on stage wearing suits, with a large crowd of girls screaming their names.

They were just made to be celebrities.

"So you're Yoomi?" Sungyeol chirped. "Hoya always talked about how adorable and dorky you were!"

Yoomi blushed and slapped Hoya's arm lightly. She looked curiously at them. "Hoya oppa talks about me?" she inquired. "Does Woohyun oppa talk about me too?"

The Infinite members looked surprised. "You know Woohyun hyung too?" Sungjong blurted. "Only Hoya mentioned you, so we always thought only Hoya knew you."

Yoomi's face fell as she glanced at Woohyun, who avoided her gaze. Hoya sensed the uneasiness and ruffled Yoomi's hair in response. "She's our best friend." he explained. "The three of us."

"Aww how cute!" Dongwoo cooed. He looked over at Woohyun. "How about Yoon Soyi? You talk about her all the time, so bring your girlfriend! We want to see her too!"

Yoomi looked even more disappointed if even possible. *So he didn't even mention me once, and talked about Yoon Soyi ALL THE TIME?*

"She's busy today." Woohyun explained. "She has piano lessons." he glanced at his watch. "Hey the movie's starting. Let's go."

The gang went into the cinema and watched an action film. Yoomi sat in between Hoya and Woohyun, a little frightened by the gruesome scenes.

In the past, when they watched such movies, Woohyun would put his arm round Yoomi while she buried into his chest. Hoya on the other hand, patted her back in a soothing fashion.

This time, Hoya patted her back while she bent over in shock, but Woohyun did nothing. She glanced over to him and saw that he was emotionless, not even taking any notice of her discomfort.

*He must be too engrossed in the show.* she thought.

They finished the movie without anything more interesting to take note about, and they weaved out of the cinema chatting about the scenes. "Wow that last explosion was jjang!" Sunggyu gushed. "The effect was awesome!"

"Totally." L agreed. "If only the main lead didn't die huh."

They moved on to the arcade to play some games. They were training to be superstars, superstars that were going to take the Kpop world with a storm, ah no, hurricane. They were going to be such famous and successful people.

But underneath, they were very much ordinary people like you and I.

They enjoyed watching movies and playing games at the arcade. They enjoyed spending time with friends. They found value in real friendship, instead of those based on popularity and fame.

The Infinite members could see that Yoomi was a nice girl, just as Hoya had described her. She wasn't exceptionally beautiful, she was a nerd after all. Those large glasses and ahjuma looking clothes did nobody any good.

But she looked rather cute even with those clothes, which was a real feat. They didn't mind being friends with her even though she was a nerd, they weren't superficial like that.

However the other people on the street were not that tolerating.

The gang went to the arcade and had fun. Hoya and Dongwoo, who were the two best dancers of the group battled it out on the dance machine, with Dongwoo winning narrowly.

Hoya groaned as he came back down, and Yoomi patted his face comfortingly. "It's okay Hoya oppa."

Hoya smiled and ruffled her hair. "You're so sweet Yoomi."

The other members from Infinite could see that Yoomi was a sweet and caring girl, but the other people in the arcade were not.

"Eww look! What is that nerd doing with seven hot guys like that?" other people whispered and pointed. "She's not even pretty enough to be their friend!"

Yoomi grew self conscious again. She extracted herself from Hoya's grip and stood lamely at the side.

*I liked it better when it was Woohyun oppa, Hoya oppa and me together at home, where no one would judge us.* she thought sadly.