Chapter 9

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

The Unpredictables'

Chapter Nine: The Unpredictables’

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I looked up and saw him looking at me. The moment he saw me looking at him, he turns away from me. I’m so confused by his actions.

“Hey! Are you all free today? Want to come over to my house?” Calvin is so excited over it. Guess we got to disappoint him.

“Sorry. We got to go for an interview after school.” Hebe replied him.

“Interview? What interview?”

“An interview for a job at a restaurant. We could start work immediately once our holiday starts.” Hebe replied him.

“Oh. Won’t it be tiring? Holidays are supposed to use to relax ourselves and go out to have fun!!” He is getting more excited.

I smiled. “We could go out if we have our day off.” “Serious??!! It has been so long since Aaron and I return to Taiwan. Both of you are the first 2 friends that we made in Taiwan. So we left the both of you to accompany us out to play!!” And he started laughing happily. Yea. I agreed. Other than Hebe, 2 of them are the only people who made friends with us.

~After school~

“Gui, ready? Can we go now?”

“Yes, Hebe. Let’s go.”

“Bye Calvin, Bye Aaron.” I smiled at them.

“Bye.” Aaron said bye? Thought he wouldn’t reply. He is always so cold. He may not be that bad after all. I smiled at him.

“Bye, girls!! Haha. See you tomorrow in school.” Hebe and I then rush off to the restaurant.

~At the restaurant~

“Ok. Both of you are hired. See you 3 months later. Remember to come for work.” The manager told Hebe and I and he continues, “I will try to give the both of you the same day off.”

“Oh really?! Thank you!! See you soon.” Hebe replied him. I just smile at him. I’m hired!! I have an excuse of not staying at home!! Skip all cooking and housework!!
We walk out of the restaurant.

“Ring Ring” Hebe answer the call and her face expression changed immediately. She became very silent after the phone call ended.

“Hebe? What happen?” I’m so worried for her. The expression she had on her face. I didn’t see it before. She had never been so sad and being so silent. “Hebe?” Without any notice, she hugs me and cries out loud. This adds on to my worry for her.

“My Mum. She..” She kept on sobbing. “Hebe, what actually happen?”

“My Mum got knock down by a car and she has been hospitalized.” She continues crying out loud. I patted her on her back to comfort her.. I looked up and I saw Calvin with Aaron. “What happened? Why is Hebe crying till so badly??” Calvin asked with care.

“Her mum just met with an accident and was hospitalized. Hebe just received the phone call.”

“Let’s fetch her to the hospital.” As usual, Aaron’s words are cold but he seems to worry about Hebe too. It’s just that he did not show it out much. This somehow warms my heart.

~At the Hospital~

“Dad!! Dad!! How’s mum??!!” Hebe grabbed on tightly to his dad’s arm. “Hebe, relax. Calm down. She is still in the operation room.” I hug Hebe to comfort her. I whispered to her, “Don’t worry. Your Mum will be fine ok?” Just then the doctor came out from the operation room.
“Doctor, Doctor!! How’s my mum??” I grab hold onto Hebe. She seems to lose control over her emotion. But I understand how she feels.

“Don’t worry. The operation is a success. She will be push to ward 9 room 2.” The doctor assured them and walked away. “Hebe, your mum is fine. Don’t worry.” She hugs me tightly and cry again. I know this time that she cry is not because she is sad or worry, is because that she is glad that her mum is safe. I pat her back.

~Outside the ward~

“Hebe, Are you hungry? I get some food for you.” Calvin seems to care for Hebe a lot. I smile inside my heart – a sense of relieve. “Thanks Calvin. But it’s ok. I’m not hungry.” Hebe’s dad came out from the ward. “Hebe, you look tired. Go home and rest. I will be here with your mum. So don’t worry.”

“But.. I want to stay here.” I saw Hebe’s dad signaling to me to ask Hebe to go home and rest. Before I could say anything, Calvin snatched my line. “Hebe, Your mum is fine. Don’t worry. You better go home and get some rest before you collapsed also.” Hebe looked at me with pleading eyes. Sigh. “Hebe, you should go home and rest. Your mum will be fine.” I pat on her shoulder to assure her.

“Ok. Dad, if anything happen, you must inform me ok?” Her dad nodded at her. And reluctantly, she left with us. “Gui, I’m sorry to cause you trouble.”

“Silly girl, there isn’t any trouble.”

“Yes. There is. It’s already 8pm. Your dad should be home by now.” 8pm?? I looked at my watch. Ah! It’s really 7pm. I’m too worried about Hebe that I didn’t even notice of the time. No wonder the sky turns colour already.

“Your dad would scold you for returning home? Do you need to go home right now? I could send you home first before I send Hebe home.”

“Erm.. Nevermind. I can go home myself. You should send Hebe home. She seems very tired.” Though I need to go home straight away but I wanted Hebe to go home and rest. She looks real pale.

“I can send her home.” Everyone look at Aaron in disbelieve. “That’s good also. Aaron could send Gui Gui home and I will send Hebe home.” Calvin got back to his senses first. “It’s really fine.”

“Gui, I will feel more secure hearing Aaron sending you home. The sky is getting darker. It might be dangerous for you.” Hebe tried to persuade me.

“Ok. Thank you, Aaron.” He smiled. This is the first time seeing him smile. Even when Calvin saw him smile at me, his jaws almost drop out of his mouth.

“Let’s go. It’s getting late.” Aaron walked towards the car park and we followed him.

“Thank you, Aaron.” He turned around and we looked at each other.

=========
I will upload another chapter.

Signing off
bubblygal
18 April
9:14AM