Chapter 13

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Memories

Chapter Thirteen: Memories

~After school~

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Where should we go today??” Calvin sure misses Taiwan.
“I can’t go out with you all today. I want to go home.” The 3 of them are staring at me now.

“Gui, Are you sure?” Hebe grabbed on to my hand. “I want to go home. My mum should be worry about me.” After hearing this, Hebe let go of my hand. Yes. In the whole family, my mum cares about for me the most. I can’t leave her alone. Moreover, after I left yesterday, I do not know what happen to mum.

I smiled at them. “I will be fine ok? My dad isn’t at home in this kind of time.”

“I send you home.” I looked at Aaron. “It’s really fine.”
“Let’s go. Bye people.” I grabbed my bag as he pulled me out of the classroom.

“Aaron, I’m really will be fine.” He doesn’t want to listen to me. Sigh. “I don’t feel safe about this.” This made me rather shocked and I kept silent after that.

~At Gui Gui’s house~

“Mum, I’m back.” I shouted for my mum as I walked into the house and Aaron followed behind me. She popped her head out of the kitchen. The moment she saw me she came up and hugged me. “Mum..” My tears started flowing out again. I let go off her and saw the bruises on her arms. “What happened to your hand!!” She tried to hide her bruises. “Did you come to take your things? Mum helps you with the packing ok?” She started panicking. “What should we pack?”

“Mum, mum!” I held on to her. “I’m not leaving you alone.” Gui, you cannot cry ok! Cannot cry! But it’s so hard for me to control. Tears, you should have stayed inside. “Cannot. If your dad comes home, he..” I tried to calm my mum down. “I’m not leaving.” Just then, the house phone rang. I stood there while my mum went to answer the call.

“Gui..” Aaron hugged me from behind and we both stood there silently.

“Ok. I will pack your stuff and bring down for you. Ok. I will meet you downstairs in 15 minutes.” And she put down the phone. “Mum, who is that?”

“It’s your dad. He says he will be going for business trip for 1 week. I’m going to pack his stuff and take his passport down for him. His taxi will reach here in 15 minutes. You wait for me ok?” I nodded at her and she went off packing his stuff. My mum, she really loves dad a lot. This makes her unable to choose between him and me.
“I go down for a while. Please sit, make yourself at home.” She smiled to Aaron. “Thank you.” And my mum left the house. “Sit down, Aaron. I get you drinks. What would you like to drink?”

“It’s ok. Plain water will do.” I went to the cupboard to dig out a new cup for him. Normally, we do not expect anyone coming to our house. Not even my dad’s friends. I took the cup of water and went out.

“Aaron?” I put down the drink on the table and went to find him. Found him! He was standing in my bedroom, holding on to the photo frame I placed on my study table.
“I’m sorry. I just walked around the house and this picture caught my eyes.” I smiled and took over the photo frame from his hand. “This is the only ‘family photo’ I had.”

In actual fact, it wasn’t a real family photo. This photo was made by me when I was 10. I always thought that my family was perfect and people would envy me. But as I grow older, I then realized it wasn’t as simple as I think.
I held on to the photo and memories came back to me. “I remember this day when I was 10. My whole family went to the zoo. As I walked along the zoo, I saw many families were also having fun there. But the only difference is that, my dad never allows me to sit on his shoulder like what other dad do to their children, not even mentioning of holding onto my hand. My elder sister was opposite from me. She gets to do all the things that I’m hoping for.” I vision went blurred while looking at the photo and drop of tears came dripping onto the photo frame.

“Then, we came to the penguin area. They are cute. I pulled my dad’s sleeve and requested to take a photo with it but my hand got swept off instead. Looking at the back of dad, how much I hope he would turn back and looked at me, but he never did. This photo was taken by a tourist. My mum asked the tourist to take a photo of me and her. When the photo was out, I cut out my dad’s and my elder sister’s face from other photo and paste them on this particular photo.” I laughed out a little. “I got canning by my dad just because I cut the other photos.” I started sobbing a little. Aaron held my face up lightly and wipe off my tears with his thumb. I jerked back a little and lowered down my head – silently I cried. That warm came back to me. Before I even realized, I’m lying on his chest.
I like it this way. Without any words, he would know how I feel, he would silently comfort me by hugging me. Just then, the door opened. My mum is back. I quickly break free from the hug and wipe my tears away. I put down the photo frame and went out to the living room. I smile at her.

“Gui, Are you not feeling well?” She touched my forehead for a while. “No, mum. I’m fine.” I smile at her again. She smiles back at me. She sat down on the sofa and signaled me to sit down too. Aaron sat beside me.
“May I know what your name is?” My mum was looking at Aaron. “You can call me Aaron, Auntie.”

“Ok. Thank you Aaron, for protecting my daughter that day.” She was glad that someone was beside me. Same as me, she has been hoping for this – someone would actually care and protect me. “You are welcome.”

“Gui, your dad will be away for 1 week. So, please make use of this time to go out with your friends. I always want you to be happy. I’m sorry that mummy is unable to protect you.” She choked at her words.

“Mum..” She wiped off her tears. “I’m going in and cook. Aaron, stay back for dinner ok?” She smiled at him. “Mum, I help you with it.”

“It’s ok. Keep your friend accompanied.” And she walked into the kitchen. “Is sis coming back for dinner?”
“No.” She is spoil by my dad. She’s never come back for dinner. Furthermore, she always come back home late. I do not have any idea what she is doing outside. My dad also wouldn’t care much of what she is doing outside.

“Aaron, your water.” I pass him the water that I filled for him just now. There is an awkward silence between us.
“Erm..” We looked at each other and speak at the same time. “You go first.” Both of us stunned for a few seconds and laughed. And we went back to silent mode again. Luckily, we are saved by my phone.

============
=)
Signing off
bubblygal
20 April
9:46AM