Chapter 33

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Return

Chapter Thirty Three: Return

~2 days later~

*Gui Gui’s POV*

Today is my birthday!!! Oh. But.. Will anyone remember it? Everyone looks the same. Doesn’t seems like there is going to be any surprises? Sigh. I looked at Hebe. She is focusing on the lesson. Aaron and Calvin too. Sigh. I turned around and looked at the board, trying to focus.

~After school~

“Gui, can you go out with me? I needed to get something.” Hebe asked me.

“Ok.” And she happily pulled me out of the classroom immediately. Eh?

*Aaron’s POV*

I winked at Hebe when they walked out of the classroom.

“Let’s ok, Calvin.”

“Sure.” 3 of us including Hebe were very excited over this but things don’t go as smoothly as you think it would be.
Just as I’m going to step out of the classroom, my phone rings.

“Hello?”

“Aaron, mum here. I just arrived at Taiwan but I heading to the meeting straight away. You will meet me there.”

“Huh? Mum? But I have something on today.”

“What’s more important than the meeting?”

“But..”

“No more but. I’ll wait for you here. Come to Empire Hotel.”

“Mum. Mum!” The line went dead. What now?

“Buddy, what happened?” Calvin tapped my shoulder.

“My mum is in Taiwan.”

“Now?!”

“Yes. She wants me to go to Empire Hotel now. She said that I must be present at the meeting. I go there for a while. Can you help me decorate the house and get the cake I ordered?” Calvin nodded.

“When you will be back? Hebe can’t hold Gui Gui for long.”

“I know. I’ll be back as soon as possible.” I quickly took my bag and rushed out of the classroom. Of all time, my mum picks this day!!! ARGH!!

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Hebe, what exactly you want to buy? We have been walking for hours. Have you remembered what you want to buy?” Both of us have been turning in circles – again and again.

“I’m thinking.” We walked into the same shop again.

“Gui, wait. Calvin called me.” I nodded at her.

*Hebe’s POV*

“Hello? Calvin, are you all done yet?” I whispered into the phone.

“Aaron’s mum return to Taiwan and called him out for meeting. I’m at Aaron’s house now doing all the decorations myself. You try to hold on longer.”

“Now? Meeting? I’m trying too but I can’t hold any longer.”

“Try to. I’m sorry, bebe.”

“Ok then.” I put down the phone and went back to Gui Gui.

“Did anything happen?” Gui Gui asked me.

“Erm.. Is about Aaron.”

“What happened to Aaron??!!!” She started panicking and grabbed tightly onto my arm.

“Chill, Gui. Nothing happened. It’s just that Aaron’s mum came back to Taiwan.”

*Gui Gui’s POV*

Aaron’s mum?! Is she fierce or strict? I’m living at Aaron’s house now!! Will she be mad at Aaron?!

“Hebe, let’s go Aaron’s house now.”

“We can’t!!!” I looked at her – confused.

“Why?”

“Because.. Because.. Aaron’s mum might be mad. Ya!”

“Really? Then let’s hurry back!! I need to go back and pack my things.” I pulled Hebe out of the shop and head towards Aaron’s house.

“Gui Gui..” I ignored her.

*Hebe’s POV*

What now??!! I can’t stop her. I quickly dialed Calvin’s number.

“Hello Hello!! Calvin!!”

“Dear, what happened??”

“I can’t stop her. We are heading to Aaron’s house now.”

“HUH!! OK OK!!” The line went dead. I bet Calvin is panicking now. I’m at lost too. Aaron is still out at this crucial moment. Sigh.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

At that moment, when I rushed into Aaron’s house,
“Surprise!!!” Calvin took the popper and popped it in front of me. Eh?

“Thank you!!!” I was so happy.

“Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to Gui Gui, Happy birthday to you!” Calvin held on to the cake and walked towards me. He rushed all the way back into the kitchen and took it out. I looked around the house.

“Where is Aaron? I thought his mum..” I looked at the both of them.

===================
Signing off
bubblygal
10May
12:13PM