Chapter 40

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Return

Chapter Forty: Return

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Aaron?” He stood back facing me. I walked up to him. He was holding onto a photo. There are 3 people in the photo. He tried to hold back his tears. I hugged him tightly. I didn’t want to see him like this. Did I make a wrong decision of asking his mum and him to have a lunch together?

“Gui, I didn’t show you my family photo before, did I?” I shook my head. He passed me the photo. “This is the only family photo I have which is shot before my parents went to England. It has been so many years since I ever shoot a photo with them again.”

I touch Aaron’s face. “There will be still chance. There will be.” He smiled.

“Are you hungry? I’m hungry. Let’s go eat.” I giggle.

“I cook for you? Noodles?” He nodded. Both of us headed to the kitchen. After cooking, we sat at the dining room.

“Eat slowly, silly.”

“You are not eating?” Aaron asked me.

“Nope. I’m not hungry.”

“After eating, we continue studying?” I nodded.

We study and study till the night. Yawn. Tired. I’m hungry now. My stomach has been growling since half an hour before.

“Are you hungry already?” I nodded. He smiled. He held onto my hand and both of us went out of the room. What is this smell? It smells so nice. Both of us walked down the stairs and headed to the kitchen.

“I guess the both of you are hungry already. I cooked dinner. Let’s eat.” Auntie?!

I looked at Aaron. He seems shocked? I pulled him to the dining room.

“Let’s eat.” Aaron’s mum smiled.

“OK!!” I took my chopsticks, getting ready to eat. Aaron who is sitting beside me is still dazing.

“Aaron, I remember these are your favourite dishes when you were young. Eat it while it’s still warm.” Aaron is still dazing away. I nudged him. He nodded at his mum and started eating.

*Aaron’s POV*

It’s the same smell, same taste – my mum’s cooking. How long have I not tasted her cooking? Maybe is because I haven’t feel this warm feeling from her for so long, my tears flow down while eating.

“Aaron..” Gui Gui saw me.

“I’m fine.”

~After dinner~

I walked to the kitchen and saw my mum in at the kitchen, keeping the leftover in the fridge. This scene seems familiar. I remember when I was 9, I saw my mum doing the same thing too. Why did she do this? She can call the maid to do it now. Since now is different from the past. I walked up to her.

“Yes Aaron?”

“I..” She stopped whatever she is doing and looked at me.

“Yea?”

“Thank you.” I said.

“For?”

“The dinner.” My mum looked at me and smile. She walked towards me and touches my face. I could feel that my tears are rolling down again. Taking a closer look at her, she has aged.

“Mum.” I hugged her. She pats my back. It has been so many years since I hugged her. I miss her.

We broke off and Gui Gui was standing at the kitchen door. I walked up to her.

“Thank you.” I hugged her. I’m so glad that I met her. I looked into her eyes. It just makes me loving her even more. I kiss her on her lips. I could feel my mum smiling and walked out of the kitchen.

“You ah!” Gui Gui pout. I smiled widely at her.

~2 Days Later~

~At the Airport~

*Gui Gui’s POV*

Aaron and I are at the airport now, waiting for his dad to come out. I never see his dad before except for the photo.
“Aaron, is your dad out yet?”

“I don’t see him coming out.” Just then, someone tap on Aaron’s shoulder. Both of us turned around.

“Dad?!” Aaron said. This man standing in front of us looks different from the photo. He just nodded and smiled.

“You have grown taller already.” Aaron’s dad pats on his shoulder and smiled.

“Dad, you look older.”

“Of course. It has been 8 years. Let’s go.”

We then drive his dad back home.

“Where’s your mum?”

“She is at the company.”

“Working hard as usual.” Aaron’s dad looks friendly. The way he talks to you like he is your friend. If ever I can have a dad like this. He suddenly realized my existence.

“Boy, you have not introduced this lady to me.” He smiled at me.

“Hello uncle, I’m Gui Gui.” He smiled.

“Girlfriend? Or wife?” And he started laughing. I blushed.

“Aaron, I heard from your mum that the past few days you were cold to her. I hope the distances between us have disappeared. I’m sorry for leaving you alone while you are still small, neglecting you and not coming back to celebrate your birthday as promise. Guess we failed as being parents huh?”

“Dad..”

“Gui Gui, glad you are with him.” He smiled at me.

“No problem uncle.” I hold Aaron’s hand and smile at him.

“Boy, if you dare to bully her, you shall get it from me.” I chuckled.

“Thanks uncle.”

“Ok. Let’s go out and have dinner.” Aaron’s dad stood up and headed to his room to change before going out.
We had our dinner with Aaron’s mum too.

These few days, Aaron’s parents are busy with their work and we are preparing for exams. But then, some shocking news came to me.

=======================

Signing off
bubblygal
19May
5:43PM