Chapter 32

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Birthday Preparation

Chapter Thirty Two: Birthday Preparation

*Gui Gui’s POV*

We are at Aaron’s house now – studying. Yawn. So tired.

“Gui, do you want to take a rest first?” Aaron asked me.

“Nope. I will be fine.” Exams are just one month after my birthday. My birthday. Will anyone remember when my birthday is? Mum is not here anymore. Mum.. Tears started flowing down again.

“Gui? What happened?” Aaron asked me. Calvin and Hebe turned to look at me.

“Gui, take a rest ok?” Hebe patted me on my back.

“I’m sorry.” I immediately stood up and ran to the toilet.

This action startles the 3 of them.

“I go and take a look.” Hebe chased after me.

I stood in the toilet silently.

~Flashback~

“Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to my Gui, Happy birthday to you!!” This is the first time my mum celebrates my birthday with me. My mum baked a cake herself for me. But I didn’t get to eat it. Before I could even eat it, my dad comes out with a very bad temper and started smashing anything he sees including my cake.

I looked at the smashed cake that is on the floor. I broke down into tears.

“WHAT ARE YOU CRYING AT? CRY CRY CRY!! ONLY KNOWS HOW TO CRY!!” My dad walked into the room and bangs the door.
I remember that day was my saddest day ever but when night time arrived, my mum called me out to the kitchen. “Gui, you are still crying?”

“I want the cake that mum bakes for me.” I started sobbing.

“Hush Hush. Look what I got for you.” My mum took a bowl of vermicelli with egg in front of me.

“Mum cooked this for you. Mummy hopes that Gui Gui will grow up healthily and become a good girl ok?” I nodded happily and started eating the vermicelli.

“Gui Gui will be a good girl.” My mum nodded at me and smiled.

~End of Flashback~

Just then, Hebe knocked on the door. I opened the toilet’s door.

“Gui, are you all right?”

“Yea. I’m sorry about that.”

“Silly. What are you talking about? You do not need to apologies.”

“I just think of my mum.” Hebe hugged me and patted me on the back. “It’s fine. It’s fine.” Both of us then walked back to where the guys were. The 2 of them looked at me. I went to sit beside Aaron.

“Gui..”

“I’m fine.” And I smiled at him. “Let’s continue.”

~At night~

*Aaron’s POV*

Calvin and Hebe have left my house and I continue coaching Gui Gui. I wanted to go to the kitchen to get her a cup of water. When I came back, she had already fallen asleep, laying her head on the table. Sigh. She has been pushing herself too much. I slowly carry her up to her room. I covered the blanket nicely on her before going out of the room. What time is it now? 8PM. I still have time. I took my jacket and went out of the house.

~On the streets~

Where can I get the present for her? I walked pass this shop which sells a lot of teddy bears. I walked into the shop.

“Sir, may I help you?” I smiled at the salesgirl and asked for a big teddy bear. She showed me to the area of big teddy collection. I looked around. This is it!! A big tatty bear!! Soft Soft, Nice to hug it. I will get this one. I took the bear to the counter and pay for it. The moment I walked out of the shop, passer-by started looking at me. Maybe it’s kind of weird for a guy to carry a big bear walking around. I quickly walked back to my car and went straight home.

Where should I hide this big bear? I looked around my room. Nope. Nope. No where good to hide this bear. Maybe I should hide into other rooms. Gui would not go into other rooms. Yea! I carried the bear and put it into a room that was far away from Gui’s room. That’s should do it. Oh No! I forget to order a cake. I needed to go out of the house again.

I came back to the same streets and walked into cake shop this time. What cake does she likes?

“Can I order a chocolate ice-cream cake?” I told the man in the shop.

“Sure. When would you like to collect it?”

“2 days later. On the afternoon. 19 candles.”

“Ok.”

“Thank you.” Now it’s all done. I didn’t forget anything again right? Nope. I went back home again. Before I go to bed, I take a peek at Gui Gui first. I smiled and walked back to my room.

================
Signing off
bubblygal
9May
9:06PM