Chapter 29

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Depressed

Chapter Twenty Nine: Depressed

~At the Playground~

*Aaron’s POV*

She’s not at the swing. Where is she?

“Gui!!” Maybe she’s not here? The moment I turned around, I saw this figure squatting under the slide. “Gui!” I rushed up to her immediately. She’s all drenched up. “Why do you come out by yourself without telling me?!” I was quite angry with her. Maybe is just that I’m too worry about her.

“I.. I just want to come and take a look. I didn’t know it will rain.” The raindrops seem to wash away all the tears that were flowing out. I helped her up and we walked back into my car.

“I send you home to take all of your clothes. You will stay with me.” She just nodded.

~At Gui Gui’s house~

She took out her keys and opened the door.

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!” Both of us looked up. Her dad stood there with a cane on his hand. Gui Gui didn’t reply him. She wanted to walk away but her dad held on to her.

“I’M TALKING TO YOU. WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE WALKING TO?” At that moment, he wanted to hit her with the cane. I quickly stand in front of Gui Gui and grabbed his arms tightly.

“YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAUSED MUM’DEATH!! YOU ARE THE ONE!!” She shouted at her dad and ran into the room. This must be the first time she shouted at her dad.

She quickly packed all her things and took her hand phone from the table. “Aaron, Let’s go.”

She kept silent throughout the journey. The moment she stepped into my house, she headed for her room. I looked at her back figure before my phone rings and disrupted my thoughts.

“Hello?”

“AH! AARON!!” Calvin screams into the phone. “WHERE ARE YOU?!!”

“Calvin, stop shouting into my ears.” He finally calm down.

“Where is Gui Gui? Is she with you? Both of you are missing for the whole day. Hebe is very worry for Gui Gui. We can’t get thru Gui Gui’s phone too.”

“She’s in my house now. Her mum died yesterday. She..” I have not finished my sentence. “WHAT??!!!! We come over to your house now!” Before I could even continue saying anything, the line went dead. Sigh.

I walked up to Gui Gui’s room holding on to a cup of warm tea. I knocked on her door and pushed the door open. She was looking at the photo – the only photo of her mum that she has with her. I put the tea on the table and walked to her. I kneel down in front of her and looked at her. She looks so tired.

“Gui..”

“Aaron, do you know? When I was young, my mum always brings me to the playground.” That’s the reason why she always go there no matter what happens. “She would always push me lightly when I sit on the swing. I remembered that my dad doesn’t allow me to go out and play. My mum would always take the opportunity to bring me to the playground when my dad went out for work.”

~Flashback~

“Gui, is this fun? Want to go higher?” Her mum pushes her lightly for the swing to move.

“Yea! Higher higher!!” Gui Gui laughed happily and was enjoying the fun.

“Ok. Gui, we got to go back already. Your dad would be back anytime.” Her mum tried to pull her down the swing.

“But Gui Gui still want to play.” Gui Gui hold on to the swing. Her mum squat down in front of her and smiled.

“We got to go already. Mummy promise you every day I would bring you down ok?”

“OK!!! Mum, I want chocolate ice-cream!!” Gui Gui smiled widely at her mum.

“Let’s go!!” Both of them were very happy, very happy.

~End of Flashback~

I looked at her. I wiped off her tears.

“Mum..” She mumbled while looking at the photo.

“Gui, I took a cup of tea for you. Go take bath and drink the tea before going to bed. I do not want you to fall sick.” She nodded silently. I touch her face with care before leaving the room. I went back to my room and took a bath.

After bathing, I walked into Gui Gui’s room again. She is sleeping soundly on the bed. She must have cried again. I wiped off her tears and took the photo frame away from her which she has been hugging onto it. I looked at the photo.

“Don’t worry, Auntie. I will stay with her and protect her.” I mumbled to the photo. I cover the blanket for Gui Gui before leaving the room.

“Sleep well.”

======================
Signing off
bubblygal
6May
8:21AM