Chapter 5

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Flashback (II)

Chapter Five: Flashback (II)

“Hey! I famished. Start cooking dinner.” Dad?! What time is it now?? 5pm?? “What is happening in there?” He walked towards our direction. Oh no. Before we could even react..

“MY ANTIQUE CARROT!! WHO DID THIS?? WHO??!!!” He roared real loud. He stared real hard at me and pulled me out to the living room. Without any explanations, he started beating me with the cane.

“HOW DARE YOU TO BREAK MY ANTIQUE!!!” Pain. My vision started to get blurred.

“Uncle Uncle, I’m the one who broke it. Don’t beat her. Don’t.” Hebe held on to my dad’s cane. My dad stared at her fiercely. Hebe back-off a little. Guess she was shocked or stunned by my dad’s stare.

I signal my mum to get Hebe out of the house. At first, Hebe doesn’t want to leave but my mum whispered something to her and she left after that.

*Hebe’s POV*

I got Gui Gui into trouble. My tears started rolling down continuously. Standing outside her house, I could hear all the beating, the sound of the cane whacking onto Gui Gui. Her mum told me that if I leave, Gui Gui would stop getting beaten up by his dad. Guess that is only a trick to get me out of the house. Not only whacking, I heard this conversation.

“WHO SAY YOU CAN BRING A FRIEND HOME?? DO NOT WANT TO GO AND COOK DINNER BUT INSTEAD BREAKING MY ANTIQUE CARROT!! CAN’T YOU BE LIKE YOUR ELDER SISTER?? STUDY HARD AND GETTING GOOD RESULTS!! I FORBIDDEN YOU TO GO OUT ANYMORE!!”

*Gui Gui’s POV*

No matter how much I do well in school, you never ever praise me. All along you just love sister. You allow her to go out till the night, you buy laptop for her, and you give her whatever she wants. I had always been cooking dinner for the family, maintaining the cleanliness of the house, study hard and get good results but you never put it in your eyes.

“Stop beating her. It’s not her fault.” My mum pleaded for me again.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT IT’S NOT HER FAULT?? IF SHE DIDN’T BRING A FRIEND BACK HOME, MY ANTIQUE WOULDN’T BREAK.”
“Dad, what is happening out here?? The voice is getting so loud. I have exams tomorrow.” My elder sister strolled out of the room and complained.

“I’m sorry, my dear. It’s entire your sister’s fault.” My dad’s voice softened when he speaks to my elder sister. He signals my elder sister to go back to study.

“STOP DISTRACTING YOUR ELDER SISTER. SHE NEEDS TO STUDY. NOW, GO TO THE KITCHEN AND COOK US DINNER!” My mum accompanied me into the kitchen. She wiped off my tears.

“Gui..”

“Mum, I’m fine. Start cooking.” I voice break while replying her. Take in a deep breath. Don’t cry, Gui.

~End of Flashback~

Calvin looks happy after we agreed in going out with him though I have to reach home by 6pm. That means I have to leave probably around 5pm and make it home at 6pm.

“Where do you want to go Calvin?” I asked him.

“Hmmm.. Where do you recommend??”

“Do you want to go to Xi Men Ding?? Most of the people go there.” Hebe suggested.

“Oh sure. Why not? Let’s go there!” We hopped on to Calvin’s sports car and off we go to Xi Men Ding. After 15 minutes, we reach the destination.

“I go and look for parking lot. I’ll find you all later.” Before he leaves, he remembered something. “Oh ya! After so long, we have not even exchange numbers. How am I going to find you both later?? Haha..” Oh yea. I almost forget too. Hence, after exchanging numbers, Hebe and I went to walk around the streets.

“Gui, I need to go to the toilet for a while. You wait for me.” And she rushes off like some rockets shooting off. I decided to walk into the shops to take a look. How long have I been staying at home and not doing any shopping? I got so engrossed and fascinated by the little things sold in the store that I didn’t notice him.

=======
Back to update. Haha. I hope I don't run out of ideas for the rest of my chapters. =)

Signing off
bubblygal
15 April
10:04AM