Chapter 44

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Double Happening

Chapter Forty Four: Double Happening

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Gui..” I heard Aaron calling me from outside.

“The door isn’t locked.”

“Silly boy. You are sick. Stop moving around.” I went up to him. “Hurry up and eat the porridge than go and rest ok?” I wanted to walk to take the porridge when he grabbed on to me. He stood up and hugged me.

“Aaron..”

“Gui, don’t be like this. I..” I pushed him away a little and looked at him. I touch his face. Guess I have made him worry about me so much.

“Aaron, I’m fine. I’m sorry that I made you worry. But I’m fine now. I understand how important work is. I will listen to your parents.”

“I..” I placed my finger on his lips.

“Don’t talk about this now. You have to rest. Eat your porridge first before it gets cold.”

“I took one for bowl for you too.” Both of us started eating the porridge and he slept on my bed. I touch his forehead. Sigh. I took the bowls down to the kitchen and the maids help me with the bowls. I went back to Aaron’s room and took the water with towel out of the room. I return to my room. I went into the toilet and change the water.

Aaron. I put the towel on his forehead. I wanted to walk away but he held on to my hand.

“Don’t leave.” I sat beside Aaron. I will wait for you.

~The Next Day~

*Aaron’s POV*

My head is spinning. I tried to sit up and I gave up after trying. I feel the left side of the bed. Where is Gui Gui?? What time is it now? I tried to sit up again. I slowly pushed myself up. Where did she gone to? I shift my body and slowly get up from the bed. I walked out of the room.

“Where is Gui Gui?” I asked the maid who is passing by.

“Young master, she went out already.” I signal her to leave. Went out already? Where did she go to? I went to take the phone and started dialing Gui’s number. But she didn’t pick up the call. This makes me worry. Does Hebe know where she went to? I dialed Hebe’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Hebe? I’m Aaron.”

“Aaron?”

“Yea. Is Gui with you?”

“Yes. She’s with me. We are working. I thought she told you?” Oh yea. She is working. Think the medication makes me gone blur.

“Aaron?? Are you ok?? Do you need me to pass the phone to Gui? But we can’t talk to you for long.”

“Oh. It’s ok. What time your work ends?”

“10PM.”

“Ok. Tell Gui I will come and fetch her.”

“But you are sick, you should stay at home.” Then I heard Gui’s voice from the background. “What happened?”

Then Hebe told Gui that I wanted to come over to fetch her after work. “No. You call him to stay at home.”

“Aaron, Gui says you should stay at home.”

“Ask him to stay at home. If not I would get angry.” Gui said. But I’m worry for her.

“Ok then.” I replied then I put down the phone.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Hebe, am I harsh on him?”

“I don’t think so. Why do you say so?” I kept silence. Aaron..

“Let’s get back to work.” I walked to the tables to clear the plates. I took the plates and headed for the kitchen. However, someone knocked into me causing my plates to drop and shattered all over the floor.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” I told the customer.

“WHAT SORRY?!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS SUIT COST??!!”

“I’m sorry. I wipe for you.” I took the cloth and wanted to wipe off the gravy on his shirt but he swipes my hand away.

“YOU STILL WANT TO USE THIS DIRTY CLOTH TO CLEAN MY SUIT!!” Just then the manager walked up to us.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. She is new here. We will pay for your shirt.” The manager told the customer.

“HOW MUCH YOU CAN PAY??!! DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN AFFORD??”

“I can.” I turned around to see Aaron standing in front of me. “How much you want?”

“WHO ARE YOU??!!”

“Aaron Yan.”

“Aaron Yan??!! You must be kidding.” And the man started laughing out loud. Just then, money is flying around the restaurant. What is Aaron trying to do??

“Aaron..” I held on to his hand. “What are you trying to do?” I whisper to him. He didn’t reply me.

“Is this enough?” He faced the man.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TRYING TO DO?” He grabbed onto Aaron’s collar and wanted to hit him. Aaron held onto his hand.

“Mr Kok, it seems that your dad’s company, Kok enterprise, doesn’t want to contract anymore. Then, we can stop the project. It doesn’t seem to have large impact on Yan Corporation either.”

“You are really Aaron Yan?” That man gasped.

“Aaron, stop it.” I told him. The man looked at the both of us.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m leaving now.” The man walked passes the both of us.

“You do not want your money?” Aaron said.

“Oh no. It’s fine. I got to go now.” He quickly ran out of the restaurant.

“I’m sorry for the disturbances. Please carry on with your meal.” My manager is trying to comfort the other customers. I pulled Aaron to one side.

“Why are you here? I thought you should be resting at home.”

“But I’m worry about you.”

“Aaron.. I’m really fine. Hurry and go home ok?” I wanted to push him out of the place where my manager came up to me.

“Mr Yan, do you want a cup of coffee? Lunch? I can call the chef to prepare for you now.” What’s wrong with my manager?

Aaron looked at me. “Has she eaten?” My manager looked at me. “Erm.. She.. Has not eaten.” Aaron pulled me into the room.

“Prepare 3 sets of lunch. Hebe is coming with us.” I was stunned. What is happening?

“Yes, Mr Yan.”

~In the room~

“Aaron, why he..” He interrupted me.

“This restaurant is one of my family businesses. That customer just now is one of our company clients. His family business is failing and wanted us to help them.” My eyes widen.

======================
Signing off
bubblygal
26May
6:24PM