Chapter 8

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Aaron's life

Chapter Eight: Aaron’s life

*Aaron’s POV*

She looks kind of familiar. Oh yes. The girl that I met twice on the streets yesterday. Why am I staring at her?? Without any reason, she just caught my eyes. The smile, The eyes, The wounds on her hands. There is something wrong with it. The feeling is so familiar. Loneliness? Sadness? Feeling unsafe?

I have not introduced myself. I’m Aaron Yan. I came from a rich family. A family that everyone envy or was they only envy because of the money? I’m the only child in the family. When I turn 21, I’m supposed to take over my family’s business.

When I was young, my parents were always with me. They bring me out to play during public holidays, they gave me surprises on my birthday and they keep me accompany when I’m studying. My mum will also cook my favourite dishes for me.

However, when their business starts to expand, the time they spent with me decreased. They are always busy at work. I was 12 at that time. From then onwards, my parents started to hire professors to train me to become a leader, a leader that is able to lead the people in the company and also learn how to deal with businesses. I didn’t really complain much about this. The only thing I care is my parents. They are always out in other countries hence, I don’t get to see them often. Even my birthday, they hardly celebrate with me.

My parents sent me to Australia when I’m at the aged of 16. It’s only the 3 years in Australia, I met Calvin, he became my best friend and he always celebrates my birthday with me. Calvin also has the same fate as me - Family business. Sigh. The only good thing about my parents is that they do not force me into a marriage. They allow me to go with any girls who I love. Actually they are nice, they care for me, is just that they do not spend much time with me.

Every day going back to a spacious home, facing four walls, how bored it can be? I have been in Australia for the past 3 years and I just came back to Taiwan 2 days ago. I came back separately from Calvin. I found out that he has entered this school and hence I followed him here.
He is my best friend who knows me very well. I knew him in Australia. He is really a good friend to talk to. He really has the ability to make people open up to him. I’m one of them who fall for it.

There are a few people that I ever met. I thought that they were really friends that I can count on too. But then, I realized they came and make friends with you just because you are rich. That’s the reason why I started not to trust anyone easily and being cold to people.
But Calvin is different. Or maybe he is somehow rich also and knew how I feel. But, he is really someone you can count on.

Does she feel the same as me? Or there are other reasons for her to feel sad too? Maybe I felt that she is similar to me, I somehow got interested about her.

=======
Short chapter. =)
Signing off
bubbly gal
17 April
7:29AM