Chapter 42

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Sick

Chapter Forty Two: Sick

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Gui??” Aaron kept on waving his hand in front of my eyes. “Gui, what happened? You don’t scare me ok?”

“Sorry. I’m fine. Let’s eat.”

“Are you sure you ok? Are you not feeling well?” I smiled at him.

“I’m fine.” Throughout the breakfast, I could feel that his eyes are on me. I tried to ignore him because I know I would cry out if I looked at him.

“Let’s go. I fetch the both of you home. Your mum and I need to head back to the company.” Aaron’s dad stood up and we follow him back to the car.

~At Aaron’s house~

I sat in on my bed, hugging my tatty bear.

~Flashback~

“Oh! We are hoping to ask Aaron to follow us back to England 1 week later.”

“Gui, I’m sorry. But I hope Aaron could start to focus on work earlier before he takes over the company when he is 21, which is 1 year later.”

“How long will he stay in England?”

“Probably 3 to 5 years?”

~End of flashback~

My tears started flowing down. Then, someone started knocking on my room’s door. I didn’t move an inch. I looked at the bracelet on my hand and feel the necklace over my neck. It just makes me wanting to cry even more. The knock got louder.

“Gui? Are you inside? Can you open the door?” Aaron kept on knocking the door. “Gui! Gui!!!” I slowly open the door. He quickly pushed open the door.

“Gui, what happened to you??!! Why did you lock the door??!!!” Aaron grabbed on to me. I managed to smile at him.

“I’m fine ah. I was sleeping just now. I scared you come and bully me while I’m sleeping so I locked the door.” I smiled at him. I lied to him. This is the first time I lied to him.

“Don’t ever do this again ok?!” He looked at me. I nodded at him. He felt relieved after seeing me nodding my head.

“Gui, let’s go out ok?” I shook my head. “I’m starting work tomorrow. I don’t feel like going out today.”

“Gui, I’m sure something happened. Can you..” I hugged him.

“I’m fine. I’m really fine.” I hugged him tightly. It seems like he is going to leave tomorrow. I let go of him. “I’m fine. I’m just feeling tired.” I went back into my room and close the door. I lay on my bed and fall asleep unknowingly.

~The Next Morning~

I woke up and get change. I walked out of my room. Aaron? He is sitting outside my room for the whole night?!! I squat down.

“Aaron? Aaron?” I started nudging him. He doesn’t seem to response. He doesn’t look good. I touch his forehead. He is having a fever? He must been sitting here for the whole night and caught a cold.

“Why is Aaron sleeping here?” Aaron’s dad walked up the stairs.

“He is having a fever.”

“Huh? That silly boy. Let’s carry him to his room.” Aaron’s dad piggybacks him back into Aaron’s room.

“Gui, can you help me to take care of him? His mum and I needed to go for a meeting now.”

“Yes, uncle. Drive safe.” Aaron’s dad walked out the room. I looked at Aaron. I’m sorry. I went into the toilet to fill a bowl of water and wet a towel to put on his forehead. I looked at him before walking out of the room. I called Hebe.

“Hello? Hebe?”

“Yea Gui? I’m reaching the restaurant already.”

“Sorry Hebe, could you help me to tell the manager that I could not make it today? Aaron is running a fever.”

“What happened?”

“He just caught a cold.”

“Ok then.”

“Thank Hebe. Bye.”

I went to the kitchen to cook some porridge for him. I shouldn’t ignore him for the whole day.

“Gui..” I turned around. I rushed up to him. “Why did you come down? You should be resting. I help you up.” I wanted to push him up and he held on to me. He looked at me.

“I’m not leaving you alone.” I looked at him. How did he..

====================
I'm sorry that I made you all, readers, cry.. Haha.. =)

Signing off
bubblygal
21 May
6:19PM