Chapter 4

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Flashback (I)

Chapter Four: Flashback (I)

~School Ends~

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Hey, do both of you want to go out? I just came back from Australia. It had been such a long time since I visit Taiwan. Care to show me around?” He always gives that smile. How can I describe it? Sunshine smile? Yea. Sunshine smile. Haha.

I saw Hebe looking at me. Yes. I got to reach home before 6pm when my dad comes back from work. I look at my watch. Now is 3pm. I have 3 hours.

Actually, I’m forbidden to go out after school. I must go home straight after school. However, if I wanted to go out, I would call my mum telling her that I’m going out for a while. She does allow me to go, of course. But I must return before 6pm. There is once because of traffic jam, I return home later than 6pm. This not only put me into trouble, it also caused my dad to be angry with my mum and she was force to sleep in the living room.

“Yea. I think I can go.” I smile weakly. Taking a risk again? I look at my hands – wounds.

“Are you sure, Gui?” Hebe asks in a caring tone.

“I guess so. I just have to make it home before 6pm.”

“I’m sorry if I put you in an awkward position. It is fine if you are unable to make it.” He looks sorry. I feel bad somehow.

“Never mind, it is fine. Don’t worry about it.” , I smile at Calvin and pat Hebe to signal her that I will be fine. She is the only one that knows about my family situation. I remember of her going to my house once.

~Flashback~

“Gui, can I go to your house? I never had been to your house before.”

“Erm.. I..”

“Please??” AH! Don’t show me that type of eyes. It just makes my heart softened.

“Sigh. Ok.” I hope nothing would happen.

“YEA!!!” Seeing her jumping around. I think she will regret going to my house?

~At Gui Gui’s house~

“Are you sure you want to go in?”

“Yes. =).”

“Ok.” Reluctantly, I open the door.

“Hey! Your house looks neat and tidy. It’s so much better than my house a hundred times.” Of course it is neat. I do all the cleaning, the mopping and the sweeping.

“You must be Gui Gui’s mum. Hello, auntie, I’m Hebe, Gui Gui’s closest friend.” My mum just walked out from her room. I saw the shocked expression on her face.

“Hello Hebe. Make yourself at home.” My mum smiled at her and signals me to the kitchen.

“Hebe, Take a seat. I will be right back in a second.” I followed my mum to the kitchen. My mum whispered softly to me. “You should know that your dad doesn’t allow you to bring any friends back home right?”

“Yes. I know. I will ask her to leave before 6pm. Don’t worry mum. I won’t get you in trouble anymore.”

“Gui..” Unknowingly, one drop of tears rolled down my cheek. I wipe away my tears and took a cup of water for Hebe. When I walk to the living room, Hebe was gone. Where did she go to?

*Piang* I stunned for a few seconds. I quickly rush to where the sound came from. My eyes widen. My mum caught up behind me. She was shocked too.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean too. It got hooked up to my shirt and I didn’t notice it. I took one more step and this carrot drop on the floor and shattered.” My dad’s favourite antique carrot!! All shattered.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” She started sobbing. I’m at loss. Just at this moment..

Sorry that Aaron has not come out.. He will be out soon.. I promise.. =)..

Signing off
bubblygal
14April
9:33AM