Chapter 6

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Met

Chapter Six: Met

“Opps.. I’m sorry. I didn’t..” I knock into someone behind me and I looked up at him. He is so.. “..notice you.” He is so attractive. Handsome. The feeling is so different when I met Calvin on the streets too. Suddenly, I’m lost of words.

However, the moment he speaks, it almost froze me to death. “It’s ok.” And he walk away, leaving me there staring at his back blankly. His words sounded so.. cold? His eyes look so lonely.

“Gui? Gui? Hey! Are you there? What are you staring at?” Hebe started nudging me. Earth to Gui Gui.
“I’m sorry Hebe. I didn’t notice that you are back.”
“What are you looking at??” Hebe is looking to where I’m staring at just now.

“I..” I do not know how to answer her. Luckily, I was saved by the phone call.

“Hello? Calvin? We are in front of a shop called..”
“I saw the both of you!” *beep beep*

The phone call being cut off and I saw Calvin walking towards our direction. “Hey! Let’s go to that café. After 3 years, the café is still there!” He is pointing towards this café call “Maple Café”.

“Great! Let’s go there. I heard the coffee they sell there is nice but I never ever taste it before!” Hebe is so excited about it. I didn’t even hear of it before. This shows that it had been a long time since I had my last shopping trip.

~Maple Café~

“3 people. Thank you.” The waitress shows us to our seat.I chose the seat that is near to the window.

“What would you like to order?” the waitress asked. What is nice here? I don’t even know.

“Anything would be fine.” I said.

“Me too. You order for us ok?”

Calvin than turned to the waitress, “3 specials and 3 cheese cakes. Thank you.” Special? What is that? Sigh. I stared out of the window. The image of him came into my mind. NO. Wait. What am I thinking? I shook my head. I felt the both of them staring at me.

“Gui, Are you ok? You seems unwell from the moment I found you standing in front of the shop.”

“I’m fine, Hebe. You don’t have to worry about me.”

“Gui Gui, do you mind if I ask you a question?” I look at Calvin. What he want to ask me? What’s with that serious face?

“Yea. Go ahead. I’m listening.”

“Erm.. Why do you have so many scars on your hands?” I stunned as I do not know how to reply him. I look over to Hebe to ask for help. No point asking her. She is also mute by it.

“Erm.. Hahahahaha..” What’s wrong with you, Hebe? Out of the sudden started laughing.

“The scars.. Erm..” Great. After laughing, she still doesn’t know how to reply him. This caused Calvin to be even more suspicious. Should I tell him the truth?

“Calvin..” My voice sounded so down. “The scars are done by..”

“Her cat!” Hebe added. I looked at Hebe in surprised. “Yea. It is scratch by her cat.” Hebe started nudging me.

“Yea. My cat.” I do not know why we must hide the truth from Calvin. But what if he does know the truth, how will he react? I do not know the answer to it. Luckily, the waitress came at this very moment.

“Here are your specials and cheese cakes. Enjoy.” She smiles sweetly and left. I took a sip of the coffee. It really tastes nice. I wonder what’s inside.

“Is the coffee nice? They added a little of mint and choco powder into the coffee.” Calvin can read my mind. He just answered what is flashed across my mind. Is the question written on my face? I wondered. “The taste of the coffee here still stays the same. Try the cheese cake too. It’s nice too.”

I smile at him and started eating the cake. I looked at my watch. AH! It’s 5.30pm!! Oh no! Time really pass fast. I needed to go home now. I hurry and gobble up the cake and the coffee.

“I’m sorry. I need to go off already.” I stood up from my seat. I took my wallet out and started counting the money in my wallet. I have $20 only. Is that enough?

“It’s ok. It’s my treat.” I really think that he could read my mind. “But..” “It’s ok. My treat. Do you need me to send you home?”

“Oh, no need. It’s ok. I can go home by myself. Just help me to send Hebe home.”

“Gui, Are you sure you will be fine?” Those worry face of hers again. “Yea. I will fine. Don’t worry.” I bet I’m not. I walked out of the café and headed to the bus stop ahead. Do I have enough coins?? Ah! While I was digging the coins, one of it drop out and roll to the road. My coin! I quickly dashed out to the road without looking at the cars.

*BBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*

==========================
Updated!!! I hope it's logical.. I'm so taking note of the time frame and the feelings. hope i didn't went out of point. If there is any part that I didn't mention clearly, please tell me.. =)

Signing off
bubblygal
16 April
8:27AM