Chapter 30

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Arriving Soon

Chapter Thirty: Arriving Soon

*Aaron’s POV*

I went to the living room and sat on the sofa when something caught my eyes.

“Jasmine, what are these?” I asked one of the maids.

“These are sent by Mistress this morning after you went out of the house, Young Master.”

“Ok. You may continue doing your things.” I signal her to leave. There are documents and a letter stacked on the table. I took the letter and read it.

Aaron,

Mum here. Let me wish you a happy birthday first although it was over. You are 20 years old now. In 1 year time, your dad and I would want you to start working in the company. The documents are the financial statement of the company. Please look thru it.

And one more thing, I would be coming to Taiwan within this few days for meeting. I would want you to attend the meeting too. I’ll see you soon.

Love,
Mum

The moment I finish reading it, I crashed the letter and threw it into the bin. Work, company, documents, meetings!!! It has been so long since I last see my mum and all she thinks now is still work, company and meetings!! Has she ever thought about my feelings? How I feel? What I actually want? Did she or dad even realized? There is a gap between us and it’s getting bigger.

“Young Master, Calvin Master and Miss Hebe are here.” I signal the maid to leave.

“Aaron, where is Gui? Is she ok?” Hebe grabbed on to my arm.

“Don’t worry. She is sleeping upstairs now.”

“What actually happened?” Calvin asked.

“I went to look for Gui Gui after school on that day. She was being locked up in her room by her dad..” And I continue telling them the whole story and how her mum died.
Hebe started dropping a few drops of tears. “How pain she is now. She loves her mum that much. She..”

“Ok. Hush Hush. It’s fine now.” Calvin started comforting her.

“I asked the maids to prepare 2 rooms for the both of you. Stay here tonight. Hebe, I hope you can care for her more. I do not know how to comfort her. Maybe with you around, she would feel better. We will go back school tomorrow.”

“Ok.” Calvin then saw the things on the table. “What are these?” He started flipping the folders.

“Company’s financial statements.” I said coldly. Calvin looked at me.

“My mum is coming back to Taiwan. She wants me to go thru to the documents and attend the meeting with her.” Calvin knows how I feel. He knows why I became so cold when mentioning about my mum and dad. Because whenever my dad or mum is mention, it would never leave the topic relating to company, meetings or work. I just hope they would spend more time with me.

Hebe looks puzzled by it especially after I said that my mum is coming back to Taiwan and Calvin kept silent instead of replying.

“Hey, Gui Gui’s birthday is a few days later. Let’s plan something for her!!” Hebe suddenly brought up this idea.

“I agree. We should cheer up her.” Calvin agreed with Hebe.

“Ok. What do you suggest?” I asked. What should I buy for her? What does she likes?

“Let’s buy a big cake for her and decorate the house with balloons!!” Hebe suggested.

“Ok. Erm.. What does Gui Gui’s likes other then chocolate ice-cream?” I do not really know what she likes because both of us didn’t discuss about this before.

“Hmm.. Let me think. She.. She likes chocolate ice-cream and.. AH! She said before that she hopes to get one giant soft toy bear. I remembered giving her small ones but her dad forbidden her to play with it.” Ok. I should get it for her!!

“It’s getting late now. Let’s go and rest.” I stood up and walked to my room. The both of them followed behind me.

===============
Short and sweet~

Signing off
bubblygal
7May
6:49PM