Chapter 14

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Dinner / Preparation (I)

Chapter Fourteen: Dinner / Preparation (I)

*Gui Gui’s POV*

“Hello Hebe?”

“Gui, Are you ok?” I smiled. “Yea. I’m fine. My dad is out for business trip for 1 week.”

“Oh. That’s great!” I kept silent. I do not know whether I should be happy or sad about this. “Hello? Hello? Are you still there?”

“Yea. I’m listening. Erm, Hebe?”

“Yes?”

“Can I go over to your house tomorrow after school?”

“Ya. Sure. But why?”

“Aren’t you going to make chocolates? I want to make too.”

“REALLY??!! OK!!! See you tomorrow then! =).”

“Ok.” I put down the phone.

“Who are you giving chocolates to?” I giggle. I should give it to him. It doesn’t mean anything right?? Yes. It doesn’t mean anything. I do not know whether am I lying to myself but he does have a special place in my heart.

“Ok. Dinner is ready!” My mum shouted from the kitchen. “Let’s go.” I stood up and headed to the kitchen.

“I’m sorry that our kitchen is a bit cramp.” My mum said while putting the dishes on to the table. “I hope the dishes fit your taste.”

“Oh yes. No problem about it.” What does Aaron always have for dinner at home? I wondered. “Let’s start!” I smile and happily picking up the food. Probably this is the first time that I ever eat without worrying about anything else.

~After dinner~

“Gui, go out and accompany Aaron. I can handle.” I wanted to help my mum with the washing but she pushed me out of the kitchen. I walked out of the kitchen and sat beside Aaron. My mum walked out of the kitchen and asked him, “Aaron, do you need any drinks? Or I cut fruits for you?”

“Oh. It’s ok. I’m leaving soon.” He smiles at my mum. I stared at him. He is really starting to get very different. I kind of like the way he is now. I started smiling to myself while staring at him. “Are you falling in love with me?” His words made me feel so shocked. We started staring into each other eyes.

“Gui, do you want apple?” AH! Scare me. Our eyes quickly break away from each other. I could feel that my cheeks are burning hot.

“Am I missing something?” Mum! Why do you still ask this now??!! He stood up suddenly. “Auntie, Thank you for your dinner. I think I should get going.”

“Oh ok. You are welcome. I’m sorry about that day. Your arms are filled with the bruises.” My mum is worried about that too.

“It will be fine. I have been applying medicine. It will recover soon.” He assured her. I really hope that it will recover soon too.

“I walk you to your car.” I smile as I pull him along. “Mum, I will be back in a minute.” And we took the lift down and headed to his car.

“Your mum’s cooking is nice. I hope to try your cooking the next time.” He smiled at me. “Aren’t you afraid? I will put poison in it.” I chuckled. He turned and faced me. He held onto my head and kissed me softly on my forehead. “See you tomorrow in school.” He made me shocked there like an idiot and left. But it did warm my heart. I smiled and headed back to my house.

“Gui, Here is $50. Take it.”

“Mum, that’s more than I could take. If dad found out..”
“It’s ok. He won’t know.” My mum stuffed the money into my hand and walked away. I looked at the money on my hand and smiled.

~At night~

I lie-down on my bed and stared out of the window. His face appears in my mind. His every move just makes my heart beats. His every expression just makes me want to look at him even more. He saves me and he protects me. I shouldn’t be thinking all this. He is rich, smart and nice. How would he fall for me? The chocolates are only for thank-you purpose. Don’t think too much. Sleep!!

~The Next Day – After school~

“Gui, Let’s go and buy the ingredients before going to my house.” I nodded at her and continue packing my bag. “Where are the both of you going? Do you want us to give you a ride?” Calvin looked at the both of us.
“Erm.. Never mind. We can go ourselves. Gui, Let’s go.” Why does Hebe sound so nervous?

“Bye Aaron and Calllvvv..”I’m being pulled away so quickly by Hebe. I’m haven’t even finish my sentence. The both of them looked so confused standing. I do not know what’s going on either. She is getting more suspicious.

~At the supermarket~

“Hebe?”

“Yea?”

“Who are you giving the chocolates to?” She started pondering and started smiling to herself occasionally. What’s wrong with her? I started nudging her and waved in front of her face.

“Calvin?”

“Huh? Where Where?” She started looking around the supermarket.

“Hahaha..” I can’t control but to laugh at it. This made her blushed even harder.

“I just want to thank him for sending me home that day at the hospital.” She continues blushing. Haha. “Oh really? Haha. I understand I understand.” I continue laughing while patting on her back.

“Then what about you? Who are you giving the chocolates to?” This makes me speechless. “Aaron?” And she started giggling.

“I.. He helped.. me a lot so.. I wanted to thank him only.” My sentence completed with so many pauses. Why I started to get so nervous? Eek. “Haha. I understand I understand.” AH! Hebe! She started giggling and walked away, continuing to scan the things on the shelves.
I chased up to her. She still couldn’t stop laughing. “Hey!” I hit her lightly on her back.

“Ok Ok. I stop laughing.” That girl. She is trying to stop her laughter. Pout.

“Hebe, Is your mum feeling better?”

“Yes. She can be discharge in 2 days time.” She smiled sweetly this time. Hebe and I are similar in this point. Both of us love our mum a lot. If I have a choice, I would want my mum to be happy too.

“Ok. Let’s go pay up and we can head to my house.” She pushed the trolley to the counter. After paying, we headed to Hebe’s house.

==========
I'm sorry. my school started already.. so.. very stress.. I will try to update ASAP everytime.. =)

Signing off
bubblygal
21April
07:19PM