Chapter 36

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

The distance

Chapter Thirty Six: The distant

~In Aaron’s room~

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I walked into Aaron’s room and closed the door. “Aaron?” I walked up to him and stood in front of him. I put my hand over his waist.

“Aaron, are you ok? What happened to you?” He hugged me suddenly. “Stay like this for while.” I patted him on his back.

*Aaron’s POV*

I didn’t want to be like this. I didn’t want to. Do you know how badly I wanted to see her including my dad? But every time, at the moment I saw her, the only topic we could talk about is work and work – Nothing else. If ever time could reverse, reverse to the times that my mum is always with me, my dad bringing me out to play. The frequency of meeting them now is probably one or twice in a year, or maybe zero even. But now, she is right in front of me. I.. I just hope that I could still behave willfully as a child. It’s just a knot in my heart that I’m unable to untie it.

“Aaron, I know you miss your mum, isn’t it? You said that before. But why did you..” Gui tried to figure out the reasons for my action.

“It is because I felt the distant from her. I’m afraid of the emptiness in between her and me. She always calls me for work. I felt different from last time I used to feel.
I.. I can’t explain this. I..” I started to get very vexed over this feeling, this unfamiliar feeling, and the lost that I’m unable to deal with. This was the second time I cried because of her. The first time was when my mum and dad left me in Taiwan, and they went to England. I remember that day at the airport. I was only 12.

~Flashback~

“Mum, can you don’t go??” I pulled onto my mum’s skirt. “Aaron needs you. Can you stay?”

“Sorry Aaron. I can’t. I promise that I will come back to celebrate your 13th birthday ok??” My mum pulled my hand away from her skirt.

“Nanny, take him back.”

“No! Mum!!” I started crying. I run over to my dad. “Dad,
you will stay right?? You will right??”

“Aaron, don’t cry. You are a man. You cannot cry over such small little things you know?” My dad wiped my tears away.

It’s not a small little thing!! It isn’t!!

“Dad, don’t go!! Mum!!”

“Aaron, be a good boy. Listen to whatever your nanny says ok? Daddy will come back with your mum during your birthday ok? And daddy gets you a big airplane?? Ok??” And I saw my dad signaling to my nanny to take me away.
He told the nanny. “Take care of him.” After saying, they both walked away. No matter how much I shouted out for them, they didn’t turn back to look at me. Every day, I stayed alone in the house. It was finally then my 13th birthday arrived. They promised me that they would return. But in the end, they didn’t. I only received presents from them. I waited for 3 years and they still didn’t return. In the end, they sent me to Australia.

~End of Flashback~

Waiting for another 3 years and this is the fourth year, I finally saw her. 7 years of waiting, it caused me to change. It was then Gui Gui, who appear into my life which makes me feel a sense of power again.

“Aaron.” She hugged me tightly. “I’m here with you. It’s fine. Let’s go down ok?” Gui Gui held onto my hand. We walked back to the dining room.

“Where’s auntie?” Gui Gui asked Calvin and Hebe who are still sitting at the dining room.

“After receiving a call from the company, she went out. Oh. And that’s your birthday present given by your mum.” I took the present and read the card.

Aaron,

Happy birthday.

Mum and Dad.

I threw the present on to the floor and ran out of the house. Every one stood out and chase after me.

“Aaron!!!” I ran to my car and drove away.

=================
Haha.. Anyway, I'm so busy with my work.. so i would probably end my story early.. but when there is holi, i'm preparing for season 2!! Haha..

Signing off
bubblygal
13May
5:19PM