Chapter 10

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Protecting Her

Chapter Ten: Protecting Her

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I told him where I live and he started driving. “Thank you, Aaron. Sorry for the trouble.”

“It’s ok. You don’t need to say thank you for so many times.” He continues focusing on his driving.
20 minutes later..
(P.S.: Gui Gui’s house is up the slope.)

“Aaron, you can drop me here. I can walk in myself.” I smiled at him.

“But it’s dangerous for a girl to walk alone in the dark.” Is he worrying about me?? Wait. What am I thinking?? We just met for 2 days.

“I will be fine. Good night.” And I started walking up the slope. After walking a distance, I turn around to see whether is he behind me. Guess I’m thinking too much. HEY! What am I hoping for?? Suddenly, Hey! Who off the lights?? AH!!! Help Help!! Help me!!

“Help!! Help!! Who is this??” Lights on. But it’s too dark to see who that is.

“You are alone, aren’t you?? Why so lonely?? Never mind, Ge Ge come and accompany you ok??” Who is this?? AH!! Get away from me!!

“Help me!! Help!! Please help me!!” AH!! My shirt!! NO!!! Who will come and save me?? Tears started rolling down silently. “Please, No!!”

“Get your hand off her!” Aaron. AH! I closed my eyes. He punched him right at the man’s face. Shocked. “Gui Gui, Are you ok? Are you hurt?” I look at him. My tears kept on flowing down unconditionally. The man!

“Aaron. Look out! Behind!” I shouted.

*Aaron’s POV*

Although she say she will be fine, but I just don’t feel so safe about it. Why am I having this feeling? Should I follow behind her? Or should I not? I should follow her. I walked up the slope and started searching for her.
“Help me!! Help!! Please help me!!” Gui Gui. I dashed up the slope and saw a man pressing on top of her.

“Get your hand off her!”, I punched the man directly at his face. Gui Gui. “Gui Gui, Are you ok? Are you hurt?” The stupid man tore her shirt! She kept on crying. How to comfort her? Suddenly, she shouted.

“Aaron. Look out! Behind!” The moment I turned around, a wooden bat is right before my eyes. Immediately, I raise up my hand to shield the blow. Argh!! I stood up and snatched the wooden bat away from the man. I started hitting the man with the wooden bat.

“Aaron. Stop. He will die.” Gui Gui is now pulling my hand, pleading me to stop. “GET LOST NOW!!” I shouted at the man. I heard her sobbing again.

“Gui, Are you ok? I should have sent you to the doorstep.” I blame myself for not able to protect her. Looking at her face now, I gently wipe off her tears.

“Gui..” Shocked. She hugged me tightly and started crying in my arms. I hugged her back and patted gently on her back. “I walk you home ok?” She kept silent and nodded instead. I help her up and walked her to her house.

~Outside Gui Gui’s house~

“Thanks Aaron. I can go in myself. I will be fine. It’s getting too late already. You should head for home too.” I continue to stare at her while she took the keys from her bag. “Bye Aaron. The lift is here.” I nodded. “Good night.” I turned and left.

“NOOO!!!”

“AH!!!!!! Ouch!! AH!!!” GUI?? I then realized. GUI!!! I rushed back to her house. My eyes widen. Unknowingly, I ran over to her and hug her tightly.

“Aaron! What are you doing??!! Go!! GO!!” I’m not leaving. I’m not leaving. Every of cane hit on me firmly. But I’m not leaving. If I leave, those pains would be on her instead. This is how the wounds on her hands came from.

“WHO ARE YOU??!!” Her dad shouted at me and stopped canning for a moment. I ignored him. “Gui, Are you ok?” She looks so pale. “Why do you come back?? Faster go.” I do not know why but my legs seem to be stuck onto the ground. I wanted to protect her.

“WHO ARE YOU??! YOU BETTER LEAVE NOW OR ELSE I WON’T EVEN FEEL SORRY IF I HIT YOU WITH THE CANE!!!” I could feel that her dad is getting angrier than before. “I’m not leaving! You can hit me all you want.” I hug Gui tighter. The more her dad started hitting me with the cane; it caused Gui to cry even harder. “No. Stop. Stop!” Gui tried to push me away. I’m not going to loosen my grip.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

Aaron. Out of nowhere, he came and saved me from the man. I feel so safe when I’m in his arms. This sense of secure is what I had never felt before throughout my 18 years of life. I felt so glad that he is here, with me. He then walked me up to my doorstep. I assured him that I will be fine. My dad cannot see him. I’m sure he would be angry of me coming home late and if he sees me with a man, I’m sure he will blow up even more. When I step into the house, my dad was sitting down on the sofa, holding onto the cane. Just as I predicted.

“Do you know the time now? Why are you home so late? Now I give you a chance to explain.” Never trust him when he says that he is giving you a chance to explain. For the first time when he said that, I thought it’s true. But in the end, he doesn’t care what reason you gave him, he treat it as an excuse. So I chose to keep quiet.

“NOOO!!!” My mum wanted to stop my dad. But after him giving her a glare, she stood aside staring at me. Her tears are at the brim of her eyes, almost flowing out.
“AH!!!!!! Ouch!! AH!!!” I choked. But the pain didn’t last. This warm. This sense of secure.

“Aaron! What are you doing??!! Go!! GO!!” He is shielding me from all the canning. Nooo. I started crying. He is so silly. My dad is getting angrier than before. I tried to push him away but the more I push, the more tightly he hugged me.

“Gui, faster go! Faster run!!” Mum!! She is holding onto the dad’s hand which he used to cane me.

“Gui, let’s go.” Aaron held onto my hand and pulled me out of my house. “NO! Mum!

========
Remember to comment!!!

Signing off
bubblygal
18 April
9:17AM