Chapter 43

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

I do not want to leave

Chapter Forty Three: I do not want to leave

*Aaron’s POV*

She has been acting strange since breakfast but she wouldn’t tell me what happened.

“Gui??” I waved my hand in front of her. “Gui, what happened? You don’t scare me ok?”

“Sorry. I’m fine. Let’s eat.”

“Are you sure you ok? Are you not feeling well?” She smiled at me.

“I’m fine.”

When we are back at home, she went straight back into her room. I thought she would come out any moment but she didn’t. I knock at her door and wanting to push the door open but I found out that she locked her room’s door.

“Gui? Are you inside? Can you open the door?” I kept on knocking but there isn’t any response. “Gui! Gui!!!” When she slowly open the door, I pushed the door wide opened.

“Gui, what happened to you??!! Why did you lock the
door??!!!” I grabbed onto her.

“I’m fine ah. I was sleeping just now. I scared you come and bully me while I’m sleeping so I locked the door.” She smiled at me. I felt quite relieve after hearing this.
“Don’t ever do this again ok?!” She nodded.
“Gui, let’s go out ok?”
“I’m starting work tomorrow. I don’t feel like going out today.”
“Gui, I’m sure something happened. Can you..” I suddenly feel that whatever she said just now is just trying to comfort me.

She hugged me tightly, “I’m fine. I’m really fine.”.

“I’m fine. I’m just feeling tired.” She went back into the room without saying anything.

~At night~

I sat in the living room. I started thinking about the possible reasons which would cause Gui Gui to be like this but I couldn’t think of any. Just then, my mum and dad came back home.

“Aaron, why aren’t you sleeping?” My mum asked me.

“I’m worry about Gui Gui. She doesn’t seem right.” I saw my mum signaling to my dad and she walked away. My dad came to sit beside me. He patted on my back.

“Aaron, I have something to tell you.” I looked at my dad in confusion.

“We hope that you would go England with us.” My eyes grew wider. “We will be leaving in 1 week’s time. Gui Gui would stay her.”

“WHAT??!! Why can’t she go?”

“Your mum and I hope that you can focus on the business. Even if she goes, you wouldn’t have time for her. Moreover, she still need to study and graduate here.” I kept silent. That is the reason why Gui Gui has being acting so strangely since breakfast time. My dad patted on my shoulder before walking away. She has been crying, isn’t she?

I walked up to her room. She locked her room again. I do not know why but I sat outside her room. I don’t want to leave her. I didn’t want to.

~The Next Day~

My head seems to be spinning.

“Aaron? Aaron?” I heard Gui Gui calling me but my eyes just wouldn’t open.

“Why is Aaron sleeping here?” My dad came up.

“He is having a fever.”

“Huh? That silly boy. Let’s carry him to his room.” I could feel that I was being lifted up.

“Gui, can you help me to take care of him? His mum and I needed to go for a meeting now.”

“Yes, uncle. Drive safe.”

After a while, I got back my consciouses. No one was in the room. Where is Gui Gui? I struggle up and walked down the stairs. She was in the kitchen.

“Gui..”

“Why did you come down? You should be resting. I help you up.” She wanted to push me to move but I held on to her.

“I’m not leaving you alone.” She looked at me. She lowered down her head and lift up again. She smiled at me. “What are you talking about? Faster go and rest ok?” She tried to move me again.

“You know what I’m referring to.” I said. She stopped. Just then, the porridge that she is cooking boils. She quickly turned around to off the fire. Without thinking, she uses her bare hands to lift up the cover.

“Ouch!” The cover dropped onto the floor. I quickly used all my energy to run towards her. I took her hand. “Are you ok??” She took back her hand. “I’m fine.” She turned her back against me. I hugged her tightly from
behind. “I’m not leaving. I promise you that I would not leave you.” She kept silent. She is crying again.

“Don’t be silly. Work is more important. Your parents need you. The company needs you.” Gui Gui said.

“Then what about you?” She didn’t say anything. “Gui, I need you.” I could feel that her tears flowing out more than before. She pushed me away and ran up to her room.

“Gui!!” Suddenly I feel very giddy. I quickly went to sit at the nearest chair. Gui.. After a while, I stood up and walked towards the stove. I scoop 2 bowls of porridge out of the pot. I asked the maid to help me carry the bowls of porridge. I walked up to Gui Gui’s room and knock on the door.

“Gui..”

“The door isn’t locked.” I walked into the room. I signal the maid to put the porridge on the table before leaving.

“Silly boy. You are sick. Stop moving around.” She pulled me to the bed. “Hurry up and eat the porridge than go and rest ok?” She tried to force a smile out. I grabbed her hand. I stood up and hugged her tightly.

======================
My exams are drawing near.. May not really update.. Haha..

Signing off
bubblygal
24 May
3:52PM