Chapter 39

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Broke Promise

Chapter Thirty Nine: Broke Promise

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I took another lift and run after him. I run out of the lift and saw him going out of the company from the main door. I increased my speed and stopped him. We stood outside the company’s main door.

“Aaron..” He stood in front of me, back facing me. I walked in front of him. The mixed feelings he has on his face – Sad? Angry? Or disappointed? I put my hand on his face.

“Aaron.” Someone called him and the both of us turn around.

*Aaron’s Mum’s POV*

The time when I end my meeting is 3 hours later. The moment I went out, Jasmine came up to me.

“Boss, they had just left.”

“Left? What time is it now?”

“4:05PM.” They have been waiting for me for 3 hours.

“Ok. Put these documents in my office. I’m going out now.” I took my bag and went to take the lift.

I saw the both of them standing outside the company.

“Aaron.” The both of them turned around and I walked up to them.

“Auntie.” Gui Gui smiled at me. I turned to Aaron. “I’m sorry. Let’s go and have lunch now.”

“Don’t you have to work?” He said coldly to me. This has been the third day since he ever talked to me in this manner. Do not know starting from when the relationship between us got strange.

“Mum is free now. Let’s go and have lunch.” I tried to hold his hand but he swing it off. He walked away and Gui Gui chased after him.

“Aaron!!”

Just then..

“MRS YAN!! LONG TIME NO SEE!! LET ME GIVE YOU A PRESENT FIRST!!” I was shocked by this. The man is trying to pour a pail of water on me. Is that water? Or kerosene?

“MUM!! LOOK OUT!!” Things just happened in a few seconds.

“AARON!!!” I heard Gui Gui shouting his name. I was being pushed away and down onto the floor with Aaron on top of me.

*Aaron’s POV*

After waiting so long at the company, she isn’t out yet. Does she really want to have lunch with us? We waited for 3 hours and within this 3 hours, I keep hearing this sentence - “Is Mrs Yan out yet?” Gui Gui kept on asking Jasmine. And the reply is always, “She is still having meeting.” After 3 hours of waiting, I walked out of the company.

“Aaron!” Gui Gui called me.

“Let’s go.” I said coldly. Gui Gui held onto my hand. I paused a while before swing it away and took the lift down. She chased after me.

“Aaron..” My feelings got so mixed up now. What should I be feeling now? I have no idea.

“Aaron.” Just then, my mum called me. Gui Gui and I turned around.

“Auntie.” Gui Gui smiled at her.

“I’m sorry. Let’s go and have lunch now.”

“Don’t you have to work?” I said coldly.

“Mum is free now. Let’s go and have lunch.” She held my hand but I swing it away before walking away. After walking a few steps, I heard this.

“MRS YAN!! LONG TIME NO SEE!! LET ME GIVE YOU A PRESENT FIRST!!”

I turned around and saw the man holding onto a pail. He wanted to pour it on to my mum. I saw he is holding a lighter on another hand. I thought the pail is filled with kerosene.

“MUM!! LOOK OUT!!” I ran towards my mum and hugged her. I pushed her away and both of us fell onto the ground.

“AARON!!!” Gui Gui shouted for me.

“Mum, are you ok?” I helped her up.

“Yea. Thank you, Aaron.” Both of us looked at each other. I let go of my hand.

“Are the both of you alright?” Gui Gui asked. I nodded at her and smile.

“Yes. Thank you.” My mum replied.

“Let me go!!! LET ME GO!!!” 2 securities was grabbing onto the man.

“THERE IS NO LAW!! NO LAW!!” The man shouted while being pulled away.

“Who is he?” I asked.

“He is once an employee at our company. Your dad sacked him away because he cheated company’s money. He pleaded your dad to give him a chance but your dad didn’t.” My mum looked at me. I feel so strange now. I turned around and started walking.

Gui Gui ran up to me and grabbed onto my arm. I stopped. Just as I wanted to walk back, I heard this.

“Mrs Yan, Dr Teo is on the line now. He wanted to have an emergency conference meeting with you now.”

“But I..” I started walking away again. Gui Gui caught up with me and hugged me from the back. “Aaron..”

“I’m fine. Let’s go home ok?” I hold onto Gui Gui’s hand and walked back to my car.

~At Aaron’s house~

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I’m worry about him. He has been very quiet ever since we came back. He walked into his room directly after coming back. Should I go in a not? I kept on pacing outside his room, hugging onto my tatty bear. I knock on his room’s door. No response. I pushed the door open.

“Aaron?”

==================

Signing off
bubblygal
18 May
8:01PM