Chapter 26

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Chocolate ice-cream

Chapter Twenty Six: Chocolate ice-cream

~After school~

*Aaron's POV*

“Gui, Are you sure you want to go home?” I nodded at her. “But..” She looked at my wounds. I looked at her then realize that she is crying. I hugged her. “I will be fine.”

*Gui Gui's POV*

“You always say this. You always..”I kept silent.

“Let’s go and eat.” Aaron walked towards me and pulled me up. Hebe and Calvin took their bags and followed behind us. We went to “Dessert Bar”.

“What do you want to eat?” Aaron asked me. I looked at the menu. Chocolate ice-cream.

~Flashback~

“Gui, come, don’t cry. Mummy gives you chocolate ice cream. After eating, you will be happy already. Faster come.”

“Ok! I want to be happy!” I wiped of my tears and ran to mummy.

~End of Flashback~

I remember when I was young, I always got scolding from my dad. Whenever my dad go out of the house, my mum would take the chocolate ice cream out from the fridge and scoop one cup for more. She told me that after eating chocolate ice cream I would become happy. Until now, whenever I’m unhappy, I will stuff myself with chocolate ice cream. Till I grew up, I then realized it wasn’t real. I didn’t get happy after eating chocolate ice cream. But because my mum says so, so I trusted her.

“I want chocolate ice cream.” Aaron took the orders from Hebe and Calvin before he went to the counter and order. I kept very quiet. I know Calvin and Hebe have been both looking at me after Aaron had left.

When Aaron came back, he also started looking at me. After a while, the ice-creams are being served. I kept on scooping the chocolate ice-cream into my mouth.

“Can I have one more?” I asked Aaron. He looked shocked and he nodded. He walked to the counter and asked for another one. When the ice-cream arrived, I started scooping again.

“Gui..” Hebe took the ice-cream away from me. “Give me back.”

“Gui..”

“I say give me back.” Reluctantly, she puts back the ice-cream on top the table. I continue scooping the ice-cream into my mouth. Mum says that I would be happy. Mum says so. I kept on eating and eating.

“Gui, stop eating. You will get stomach upsets.” Aaron tried to stop me. Tears started coming out again. I stood up and ran out of the bar. “GUI!!”

*Aaron’s POV*

The moment I came to school, I heard every one talking about Gui Gui. Some were talking about what had happened yesterday, some were talking about the wounds on her arms. Wounds? I walked into the classroom and saw Gui Gui crouching on her chair. She got caned again? How did that suppose to happen? I pulled her out of her chair and proceeded to the sickbay. She looked so tired. She must have cried all night.

“Gui..”

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” She hugged me tightly. I didn’t blame her. Guess I’m still not good enough to protect her well that makes her run away from me, isn’t it? When school ends, she said that she wants to go home. I guess is because of her mum. But I wouldn’t want her to go back. I didn’t want her to get caned again. My heart would aches.

“Let’s go and eat.” I took her hand and pulled her up from her seat. We headed for “Dessert Bar”.

“What do you want to eat?”

“I want chocolate ice-cream.” After the ice-cream is being served, she started eating. She keeps on scooping the ice-cream into . After finishing, she asked for the second one. I thought it would be fine so I ordered the second one for her. But she ends up wanting more. She just kept on eating. Hebe tried to stop her by taking her ice-cream away but..

“Give me back.” I didn’t ever see like this before. She was always happy? Or was that only a type of mask to hide her true feelings?

“Gui..”

“I say give me back.” Hebe had no choice but to return her. Gui was so cold and silent at that moment.

“Gui, stop eating. You will get stomach upsets.” I hold onto her ice-cream bowl. Tears started flowing out from her eyes again. She stood up suddenly and ran out of the bar. “GUI!!!”

“Faster!! Go chase after her!!” Calvin shoo me off from my seat. “I will settle the bill.” I nodded at him and went to look for Gui Gui. Where could she have run to? I started searching the place that we went before. After hours, there is still no news of her. I suddenly remembered. I miss out this place – the playground.

I quickly drive to the playground and I saw her sitting on the swing. I rushed to her and I kneel down in front of her. I used my thumb to wipe of her tears. Unable to control, I hugged her tightly.

“Don’t run away from me like this.” She started crying out loud.

========================
I remember someone told me that eating chocolates will make you happy. It is proven?
DId anyone try before? I always eat chocolates stuff when I unhappy. Haha.

PS: Sorry for the mistake made. (Edited)

Signing off
bubblygal
3May
9:38AM