Chapter 21

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Do I love him?

Chapter Twenty One: Do I love him?

*Gui Gui’s POV*

Both of us totally froze to the ground. The 3 words just kept ringing in my mind. I looked at Aaron who is standing in front of me. I wanted to call out for him and before I do, I was being pushed away by Angela. She ran up and hugged Aaron from the back. I could feel my tears started whelming out. I took a few steps back and ran away.
I should have known. I shouldn’t be hoping that anyone would fall for me. I should have realized. I should have.

*Aaron’s POV*

I wanted to be with Gui Gui alone when Calvin asked me to look after Angela. I missed the chance of telling her when we were in the car. I do not know how I should say it. And now, I stuck with Angela too.

“Gui, Let’s sit at the big rock over there.” I told her and pulled her away. “But.. What are about Angela?” I ignored what she has said and continued heading towards the big rock. It’s not that I dislike Angela or I hate her. Is just that whenever she got in between me and Gui Gui, I would feel irritated. I can’t explain this feeling too. I just want Gui Gui to stay with me.

“Aaron!” She called me and I stopped walking. There was a long pause in between and I felt Gui Gui nudging me. She would want me to response Angela. So I turned around and face Angela.

“What do you want?” I spoke in a cold tone.

“I..” A long paused again. I got impatient and turned away. I pulled Gui Gui before I heard this.

“I like you!” I can’t believe she shouted it out. Both of us rooted to the ground. Before I could respond, I lose the grip of Gui Gui’s hand and someone hugged me from the back. I was stunned by this. Everything seems to be happening within a second.

“I like you. From the moment that you saved me from the pool, I started to like you. I wanted to know more about you. I wanted you to see my existence.” I came back from the shocked and realized that Gui Gui has already ran away. I used force to break free from Angela’s hug.

“I’m sorry.” I wanted to run after Gui Gui when Angela held me back again. I could hear her sobbing away. “I’m sorry.” I do not know what to say except for apologizing. I ran away and searching high and low for Gui Gui when I saw her standing at the beach facing the sea. I ran up to her and hugged her from the back. “Don’t leave me.” We stood there for w few minutes before Gui Gui pulled my hand away.

“Tell Calvin that I’m going home.” She didn’t turn around and looked at me before walking away. My legs seem to be stuck into the sand. I wanted to call upon her but what can I say if I stop her? I walked back to where my car was.

“Aaron! What happened to my sister? Why she kept on crying?” Calvin rushed up to me. I kept silent and headed back into my car. “Aaron!”

I drove back home and sat on the sofa. I do not know what emotions I should have now. I just kept on opening cans of beer to drink. It seems that in the way everything would return back to normal tomorrow. I do not know when I fallen asleep to the next day.

“Aaron!! Aaron!!” What time is it now? Who is that? Before I could even see who that person was, I got punched right at my face.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

I couldn’t sleep for the whole night. I kept on turning and tossing on the bed. When it was around 9 in the morning, I went to Hebe’s house.

“Sorry to disturb.” Hebe just woke up from her sleep. “Wait for me a moment.” She walked into the toilet and washed her face. “What bring you here early in the morning?” She asked me.

“Nothing.” She looked carefully at me. “You didn’t sleep well last night huh. What actually happened last night? When Calvin and I walked back that time, we only saw Angela crying away and Aaron didn’t say anything about it before he left the place.”

“Angela like Aaron.” I could the shocked expression in her face. “Serious?” I nodded at her. She started pondering about something and she says, “What about you?”

“Me? What me?”

“Do you like Aaron? Or in another way, do you love him?” I didn’t reply straight away. I couldn’t bring myself to say the answer. I then realized Angela was really very brave yesterday. Or maybe is she doesn’t have anything to worry about. What am I worrying about then?

“Gui, look at me.” Hebe turned my head to face her. “Follow your heart. Stop thinking about the status, the distances that you have been caring about. Do you love him?” She hit on the nail. That was what I have been worrying all long. Do I love him?

=================
update!!
=)

Signing off
bubblygal
28April
5:47PM