Chapter 15

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Sparks Arise

Chapter Fifteen: Sparks Arise

*Aaron’s POV*

After the girls left the classroom, Calvin asked me out too. He says he wanted to buy something for Valentine’s Day. Who is he giving to? Hebe and Calvin are acting strange. He still asks me whether I’m giving anything to anyone. He is getting so excited about Valentine’s Day. We went to the streets and started shopping. Guys doing shopping? Sound so weird.

“Hey Hey. Look at this. Is this necklace nice??” He started hitting my shoulder to get my attention.
“OK OK. It’s nice. Stop hitting me.”

“I’m going to get that necklace.” Calvin walked into the shop and I continue looking at the other displays when I saw this bracelet. I walked into the shop and stood beside Calvin.

“Can I see the bracelet?” I pointed towards the display shelf. “Who are you buying for?” What evil laughter is that? “Gui Gui is it??”

I stumble, “Then what about you?” He seems to be smiling so happily. I nudge him. “Hiding something from me?” He smiled.

*Gui Gui’s POV*

We went to Hebe’s house and started preparing the chocolates. After a lot of times of trial and error, we finally succeed. Phew. So tired.

“Finally it’s done!!” Both of us slum into the sofa. “I hope he would accept it.” Who is she referring to? She is hiding something from me huh?

“What are you hiding from me? From just now, you have been smiling to yourself.” She smiled at me.

~Flashback~

(The day when Calvin send Hebe home from the hospital.)
Hebe kept very silent throughout the journey. Calvin was very worry about her. Trying to make her feel better, he drove to the beach instead.

“I thought you are sending me home. Why did we end up in the beach?” Hebe was puzzled. “Let’s go to the beach.” He smiled at her and stepped out of the car. Calvin leaded Hebe to the sea. Both of them stood facing to the sea.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” Calvin screamed towards the sea. His sudden scream startled Hebe. Hebe looked at him in confusion. “Try it. You will feel much better. I always use this method whenever I’m feeling down.” Hebe looked at him for a while and turned to the sea.

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!” They turned to look at each other and smiled. “Thank you, Calvin.”
“It’s my pleasure.” Unknowingly, Calvin hugged Hebe into his arms. “Your mum will be fine.” At that moment when they realized they were hugging each other tightly, they quickly bounce off from each other. Hebe and Calvin started blushing, back facing each other.

“Erm.. Let’s go.” Hebe walked away, heading back to the car. Because it’s too dark there, Hebe didn’t notice a stone in front of her causing her to trip.

“AH!” The moment she thought she was going to fall, Calvin held onto her and their eyes met.

“Th..Thank you.” She blushed even more and continued walking to the car. Calvin was smiling while walking behind her.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, no drunken came leaning onto Hebe and she started screaming. She pushed the man away and hid behind Calvin. The drunken man tried to reach out to Hebe.

“Eh Eh.. Why are you running away from me?? Burp.” He walked nearer to them. He got unbalance and slum onto Calvin. This frightens Hebe. Calvin pushed the man onto the ground and shifted a few steps back with Hebe hiding behind him. Calvin held on to Hebe’s hands and led her back to the car. Hebe was happy when she saw Calvin protecting her. What made her most happy was when Calvin held onto her hand. After getting up the car, Calvin sent Hebe home immediately.

“Goodnight, Calvin. Drive safely.”

“Yea. Go home and rest. Don’t worry ok?” She nodded and headed back to her house.

~End of Flashback~

*Gui Gui’s POV*

She looks so happy when mentioning about Calvin.

“What about you , Gui?”

“Me? What me?”
“I mean you and Aaron. Do you like him? He seems to care for you a lot.”

“Don’t think too much. That’s just friends caring for each other.”

“Are you sure?”

“Should be. He wouldn’t love a girl like me. I mean he is such a nice person, he should deserve better.” My heart hurts while I say this but I managed to squeeze out a smile. This shouldn’t be happening. I also couldn’t explain how I’m feeling. I’m so mixed up now.

“Gui, you are nice too. You should give yourself a chance.” I kept silence. Comparing my family background with his, we are too far apart. I do not have any confidence. Can I really love someone? I totally have no idea. What am I afraid of? I do not know the answer. Sigh.

*Aaron’s POV*

“What about you and Gui Gui? You seem different from what I first know you. Don’t you realize that you started opening up to her?” It’s seems true. I would worry about her, notice her every movement, want to protect her and be there when she needed someone. I can’t explain this feeling. Or this is supposed to be the feeling of love?

=====================
Updated.. =)..

Signing off
bubblygal
22April
8:32AM