Chapter 1

If I met you earlier [Season 1 / Prequel to Love Continues]

 

Gui Gui's Life

Chapter One: Gui Gui’s life

*Gui Gui’s POV*

It is raining outside again. This weather just describes my mood best. Today is Sunday. Sunday is always the day for people to go out with friends for shopping or movies however, I’m stuck at home. Not because of the rain, is just that..

“STUPID GIRL, WHERE ARE YOU??!!” my dad scream at the top of his voice, “HOW DARE YOU SLACKING OFF??!! HURRY UP AND MOP THE FLOOR!! YOU STILL HAVE NOT DONE WITH THE WASHING AND IT’S TIME TO COOK DINNER!!”

The bedroom door flung open and my dad is standing right at the door holding on to a cane. Before I’m able to react, the cane landed onto my hand and body.

“THERE YOU ARE!! SLACKING AWAY SLACKING AWAY!!” he caned me while scolding me. I quickly run to the kitchen and into the toilet. I took a mop and a pail filled with water and started to mop the floor.

“You better hurry up and mop and start to cook dinner. You want to starve us to hunger is it??!!” he stared at me for a while and walk off to the living room. Do not know why but tears started rolling down my cheeks.

I have been into this type of life since I turn 15. My elder sister is 1 year older than me. From young, my dad only dote my elder sister. She never needed to do housework nor do any cooking. She just needed to focus on her studies.

“Gui, I help you with the mopping. You can go and prepare dinner now.” That’s my mum. She is the only one who care for me in the whole family but..

“WHO SAY YOU CAN HELP HER??!!” sigh. My dad saw it. “She has not been resting since morning. I’m just helping her to mop the floor so that she could go and prepare dinnnnnerrr…” my dad is now staring at my mum. Yes. My mum is afraid of my dad or should I say that she always listen to whatever my dad says.

Without any choice, my mum walked out of the kitchen. My dad stared at me for a while and leave.

Do you know why my dad doesn’t love me?? Ever since I was born, he says that I bring him bad luck and he hadn’t been winning any lottery nor meeting any good things. He always says that my elder sister is smarter than me and she will be able to bring him good fortune or should I say that he thinks that in the future, my elder sister will earn big bucks and he will have a good life.

Within me, I hope that I would have a good family; a dad who love me, a mum who protect me and siblings who I could go out or play with.

I quickly finish mopping the house and started cooking dinner for my family.

“Dinner’s ready!” I said and headed to the toilet to bath. I got so oily and hot after cooking. I look at my hand and my body: wounds, cane scars. Tears started filling my eyes again.

15 minutes later, I came out of the toilet. Sigh. The basin is filled with all the bowls and plates. When I turn to look at the table, only gravy is left on the plates. I went to take a look in the cooker. To my surprise, there are fish and vegetables.

“Gui, hurry and eat. Your dad went out. You can go and rest after eating. You still have school tomorrow.” Mum. If only dad is the same as you. I smile and nodded at her.

After eating, I went back to the bedroom. I share the same room as my elder sister. My elder sister is always coming home late especially today is Sunday. She should be out with her friends. I lay on the bed, staring out of the window. It is still raining outside. Tomorrow, will a better day arrive??

Comments please. I hope you all wont mind the grammer and vocab.. sobz sobz..

Signing off
bubblygal
13 April
12:19pm