Chapter 8

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

This has been way overdue for the day. x]

Since I got 8 comments, I'll give you the chapter. =]

Well, I have to say sorry. The earliest I could update is on Friday this week.

But... if I can get this story to have 35 subscribers, then perhaps I could update earlier. x]

the alternative, 10 comments. Any reader or subscriber can post more than 1 comment.

But, no matter how many comments, I will just count that as one, since it was only one person who did that.

So, this chapter is a treat for all those readers and subscribers who absolutely love seeing Key and Selene together. x] <3

Listen to Owl City's "To The Sky" for this chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_0ekax290

= = =
November 16, 2010 : Early morning

Noona neomu yeppeo...
Looking at you, I go crazy.


My eyes were still closed, but I could clearly hear the voice of a man singing a part of SHINee's "Replay". I scrunched my eyes tightly closed as I tried to tune the voice out. Maybe it's just the radio or something. I think I left the radio on last night because I still listened to music even after SuKiRa.

But if it's "Replay", then shouldn't it be 5 people singing instead of one person? Since, the song is from SHINee after all?

Then, a cover of "Replay" perhaps?

I turned to my side, placing a pillow over my ear. I don't have to wake up early snce I won't have rehearsals today. Senpai himself said so before I went home from practice last night.

"ShiRin-ah, I mean Selene-ah, I would be cancelling our rehearsals tomorrow because I will be attending my sister's wedding. You can review your dance steps tomorrow in the rehearsal room, but PLEASE rest as well. I don't want you suddenly fainting while were practicing the next time, okay?"

Okay. I guess for once, I'll follow Senpai's advice and just take today off. Perhaps I DO need rest after all.

But what could I do today?

Replay, replay, replay...

Suddenly, a thought hit me as I heard the voice of the anonymous man singing. This is a voice I can easily distinguish among the flurry of voices I hear everyday.

Oh my gosh.

This was the only thought in my head as I looked to my left and saw movements of a man through the translucent wall that divides my bedroom from the dining area.

I sat up from my lying position, immediately getting my hairbrush from my end table and running it through my hair. As I placed my brush back down on the end table, however, I saw a folded note on top.

What's more, it contained a letter with HeeSung-ah's handwriting.

Selene-ah, I'm sorry. I was supposed to take you out today because I heard from the choreographer that you have today off. But I was asked by SME to make an emergency return to Korea. An urgent matter came up, and many of the talent heads had to come back. Even the talent heads of SNSD and F[x] came back. I'm really sorry.

P.S. As a temporary substitute for me, SM himself told me to send someone to you. I presume he's cooking your breakfast already. Say good morning, okay?


I looked at the divider once again to find no figure of a man. But suddenly, I felt my brush run down the length of my hair. My eyes widened and I looked back.

Then and there, I knew who I'm going to spend today with.

"Key-ah!"

= = =

"...and yes, I had to wear my disguise until I met up with HeeSung Sunbae at the door of your apartment here in Japan. It was so cool 'cause no one recognized me." Key-ah said, finishing the explanation he gave me about how he got to Japan unrecognized by people.

"So, was it true that SooMan Sunbae-nim asked HeeSung-ah to send someone?" I asked him before placing another spoonful of food in my mouth. He nodded.

"I was surpsrised when HeeSung Sunbae texted me at 2:00 earlier this morning, telling me to go here and accompany you. I was sleeping then, and you know how strict I am when it came to rest. But upon knowing that I could stay for a few days with you here, I took the chance." He said before smiling at me.

Key-ah DID cook breakfast for me, so now, we sat on the stools in my dining area, facing each other. He prepared food for two, saying that he was hungry as well.

"Well, sorry for my manager being inconsiderate about your beauty sleep. Anyway, what's up for today?" I asked Key-ah again, and he just smiled.

"We're gonna go to the park for a walk, then, we're gonna go shopping. After that, if you wanna review some steps in your dance, go ahead, I'll bring you to the studio where you usually rehearse." He said, enumerating the plans for today. My eyes widened more with each of the plans he's saying.

"The things you say involve you being seen by people. Are you sure you can hold your disguise up for that long?" I asked him, and he nodded.

"When you see my disguise, seriously. You won't suspect that it's me." He said before smirking. I stood up from the stool I was sitting on, letting the fabric of my sleepdress flow down the skin of my thighs.

"Really? Then prove it. I'll be going to the bathroom to take a bath. You can re-style yourself in whatever way you want. Disguise yourself. If I come back, and I still recognize you, well... I would wonder how you would be able to walk around the streets of Tokyo without being discovered." I told him, testing his patience.

To my surprise, he smirked before replying.

"Sure. Be my guest. But if I manage to make myself look unnoticeable, you have to treat me to something when we go to the park." He said, his smirk widening when I nodded my head. I approached him and held a hand up for a high five, and he did the same.

"Deal."

= = =

"Haha. I told you that you won't suspect anything." Key-ah said as we walked side by side by the park, a double chocolaty chip frappe in hand. I was really shocked that from a look that will easily be recognized as Key-ah's, he reconstructed himself very well. He doesn't even have to wear masks or sunglasses. He just styled his hair in a different way, took off some of the make-up and added a few dark lines in some places to take some attention away from the points on his face making him recognizable. He kept his black shirt and just borrowed a hoodie from me, but didn't pull the hood up. Truthfully, I really didn't suspect a thing.

Because of that, I treated Key-ah to a cup of Starbucks coffee. I had my own too, Dark Cherry Mocha to be exact.

"And for that, I treated you to something." I added, before smiling at him. He just nodded before smiling back.

"So, what was the reaction of the members when they saw you suddenly getting up from bed because of a text message?" I asked Key-ah as we continued to walk. At my question, Key-ah just laughed before placing an arm around my shoulders.

"Onew was just emotionless. I told him that I was asked to babysit you and he said okay. MinHo just nodded. Taemin was whining why it wasn't him who's asked to take care of you. Jjong wasn't even at home when I left. I guess he's with SeKyung Noona." He said, looking at me with a smile on his face.

"You speak like I'm a kid to be babysat..." I joked to him, and he nodded before smirking.

"Why? Are you not?" He snapped back, and I just withdrew myself from his hold and smacked him gently on the shoulder. He feigned hurt, and I just stuck my tongue out at him before running away, throwing my now empty cup into a nearby trash can in the process. Key-ah chased me, doing the same thing that I did with HIS cup before breaking out into a run.

"YAH! HOW DARE YOU RUN FROM ME?! I'LL CATCH YOU, SHIRIN-AH!" He screamed as he increased his steps, speeding up his pace. I just laughed even more before running even quicker.

"Let's see!" I exclaimed, laughs breaking out from my frame.

But alas, Key-ah finally caught up to me and held me securely in his arms. He really DOES run fast. I just laughed, the sound getting louder as I heard Key-ah laugh along with me.

"Told you I'll catch you. I had enough practice with YooGeun." He jokingly told me before laughing out as well. I steadied the both of us, trying to calm my breathing. He did the same, and with that, a smile can't help but break out from my lips.

"Okay, UMMA. You win." I replied, earning me a pout from Key-ah.

"YAH! I told you that I'm not ever gonna be your umma? I'm your OPPA!" He exclaimed before pouting even more.

"I wonder why people believe you when you say you don't do aegyo, Key-ah. When we're together, you technically beat Taemin-ah in that!" I joked before running away from him once more.

And yes, he caught up to me again.

= = =

"Anyway, how is SeKyung-sshi? Does she still cry?" I asked Key-ah as we now sat side by side on the ground, looking at the people invading the park. I ran my hands over my legs, partially covered in shorts, and brought down the hoodie which I had over my head. I just decided to keep my outfit simple today.

"Fortunately, no. She and Jjong Hyung actually hang out more now. Every time that he finishes calling or texting you, he says 'thank you' to his phone and he begins calling SeKyung Noona to hang out with her." Key-ah told me, a smile crawling onto the edge of his lips. With that expression, I couldn't help but smile as well.

It's nice for JongHyun Oppa to be able to smile more now. And it's nice being the instrument that sonehow heals the relationship between the two. It always feels so nice to help.

"The happiness finally found its way back to Hyung. In his behalf, I want to thank you for being a very good friend." He told me, and I smiled even more.

"Well, I'm here for you too, you know? If ever you decide to make it official with Nicole, or if you're going to have a girlfriend, I'll support you, Key-ah." I said, trying not to laugh when I mentioned the KARA member's name.

"YAH! Where did you get the idea that I like Nicole-ah?! I absolutely DON'T like her! I know better than be like Jjong Hyung!" He screamed at me, and to that I just laughed.

"Aish, come on. We're going to the mall now." He said, getting a hold of my hand, helping me stand up. I just smiled for a bit before teasing him about being a diva, and he just smacked my shoulder gently as a reply.

"Kaja, I want to update my wardrobe. I only brought limited clothes to Japan." He said, before tugging on my hand gently, motioning me to go with him. I complied.

Somewhere along the way, he held my hand tighter, more securely, and I couldn't contain my blush when he laced his fingers with mine.

Aigooo, Key-ah. How can you make me flustered with just a little friendly skinship?