Chapter 25

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

Hey everybody! =] Thanks for all the comments and subscriptions and I hope you keep them coming. <3

I'll be replying to your comments through private messages in your profiles, so please watch out for that. x]

So, today, we'll be seeing another side of Selene-ah, for today, we see her as part of a project group in S.M.E!

whoops. i think I already gave too much away! x3

anyway, i'll be using two songs here since Selene and her groupmates rehearsed two songs. =] <3

Anyway, enjoy! x] x3 <3

= = =
Please play Wheesung's "Girls" in this part! x3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_9Pp6ZDo00

December 29, 2010
Seoul, South Korea.
10:30 A.M.


My girls, when they go to the club
they’re suddenly single
My Girls,
Risking a trip to the swamp of love
Say wha?


"Selene-ah, what's wrong with you? You've been wrong in this part for three times already!" My Korean Choreographer, Moon JaeLi, worriedly told me as I once again messed up in the dance. I just shook my head, trying not to show any awkwardness.

But actually, I was feeling awkward with the song.

Of course, why wouldn't you be awkward with the song if that's what caused you to have goosebumps on the plane last night?

Especially if someone like JongHyun Sunbae would whisper words like "I can't help but protect you." while you're listening to it...

"ShiRin-ah, are you tired?" My co-trainee, Lim HyeJang asked me as I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"You could skip this practice, you know? After all, you can just study using the videos of the dance..." Park MaRi, another one of my co-trainees added. I shook my head.

Of course, I wouldn't miss this practice and the practice tomorrow. The S.M.E Trainees' New Year Program will be shown in S.M.E on the 31st, and I haven't been rehearsing much. I know that my co-trainees have lots of faith in me, after all, I'll be debuting this January. But I should suffer as much as them.

HyeJang, MaRi, and I are part of a special project group that S.M.E. is gonna present on the New Year. No, it wouldn't be an official debut, since it will just be for the trainee presentation. But, you could say that we can be the 3-member group that could be compared to SHINee's girl counterparts.

Since we have that image, the other two girls can be said to be real SHINee fans. MaRi likes Onew Sunbae, while HyeJang absolutely adores MinHo Sunbae. They're fans, but not hardcore to the point that they're obsessed. They actually know the situation between me and SHINee, as well as the glitch in my brain, and though they tease me about being jealous, they never made any move saying that they really are. I'm really thankful for these ladies, who worry for me like I'm their maknae, even if the real maknae among us three is HyeJang.

For the trainee presentation, we'll be presenting a total of 5 songs, just the three of us with that priviledge, which involves the "girl version" of SHINee songs. We'll be performing the girl version of Replay, Hello, and Lucifer. Plus, two special dance songs, which would be Girls and a project song developed specially for us, entitled I'm Good.

Anyway, back to the present.

"Hey, if TaeMin-sshi suddenly shows up at that door and tells you to do better, don't say I didn't warn you..." Choreographer Sunbae told me, and I just rolled my eyes, making the other two ladies laugh.

But my breathing stopped when a familiar voice suddenly echoed through the rehearsal room.

"Yah, Noona! We just came to SME to check up on you, and you're like that? Do better!"

I looked to the door, and then with wide eyes, I turned to my Choreographer Sunbae.

TaeMin-ah?!

As if that wasn't enough, three more familiar voices resounded.

"Dongsaeng? Are you tired? Aigoo, I owe you another bottle of thirst quencher..."

Onew Sunbae.

"Selene-ah, I thought you're not easily tired? How can I teach you soccer then?"

MinHo Sunbae.

"Aigooo, Song ShiRin! Don't make me act all Umma again!"

Key Sunbae.

As the identities registered in my head, the chuckles of my co-trainees made me snap back to reality as the final member stood in front of me, a handkerchief in his hand, wiping my sweat from my face.

JongHyun Sunbae...

"Wait. Why the hell aren't you at SBS yet?" I asked suddenly, which caused everyone, even Choreographer Sunbae, to laugh.

"You really don't know our schedule, Selene-ah. The broadcast would still be at 9 in the evening!" Key Sunbae exclaimed, which made me laugh as well.

"The earliest we could go there is about 6 or so, but Manager Hyung gave the rest of this morning off." MinHo Sunbae said, and a soft "Oh." escaped my lips.

"Is it fine if we take a peek at our project counterpart's rehearsal?" Onew Sunbae asked Choreographer Sunbae, and with a nod, she agreed.

HyeJang and MaRi tugged me by the hand away to a corner of the room, and they silently spazzed about they could compose themselves while rehearsing in front of them. But I just calmed them down, saying that before they became Shining SHINee, they were trainees like us. With that thought, they calmed down and finally stopped their spazzing. I just smiled before looking at Choreographer Sunbae, who's asking us to begin the rehearsal for "Girls" again.

Wow. I was able to lecture the others about that. But why couldn't I say it to myself?

Aigoo. JongHyun Sunbae watching me right now isn't helping at all, you know?

= = =

Real Slow..
Chun Goon..
VJ..


"And we cut it from there." Choreographer Sunbae said before pausing the song, which still had about a few seconds left.

"I see you've done your steps correctly when JongHyun-sshi and the rest of SHINee watched you..." She teased me as she approached me, and while the other two were laughing, I just rolled my eyes.

"I was distracted earlier, Sunbae. Jwesonghamnida..." I said, apologizing. But suddenly, the three girls laughed.

"Maybe we should ask JongHyun Sunbae-nim to come here more often so Selene-ah won't commit mistakes again..." MaRi and HyeJang teased, and I just shot her a playful glare. She just laughed harder.

"Whatever, you two. I suggest we go to the other songs now. Listening to this makes me have a Last Song Syndrome with this song. So if you don't want me singing 'Girls' all the time, I suggest we go to the next one." I said, and Choreographer Sunbae nodded, before selecting another song.

"Okay, we're gonna review 'I'm Good' this time, so I'll be giving you mics. Try to do the choreography while holding mics." She said, and as we nodded, I snuck a peak at SHINee.

All of them were staring at me with amazed eyes and mouths gaping open.

Aigoo.. It's been almost five months but they still gape open like the first meeting?

"Well, I'll be starting the song now. Places, everyone." Choreographer Sunbae said, and as we all stood in a triangle with me as the center and the other two at my sides, she began the song.

= = =
Please play Blaque's "I'm Good" in this part! x3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCEAPQHYuMo

Yeah
Uh huh
New Blaque
Darckchild, Darkchizzle
The jump off


As the intro of the song echoed throughout the room, we immediately began with our choreography, trying our best to do everything with only one hand, since after all, we're holding onto the mics with the other hand. I looked at the huge mirror in the practice room, seeing the reflections of all SHINee members bobbing their heads to the beat. I couldn't help but smile even though we were supposed to act like we're all tough girls in the song.

The bridge came on, and I continued singing the parts wherein all three of us were supposed to sing. It amazed me how much I had to change myself when I got chosen for a project group. Being a solo artist, you've been exposed to the constant reminder of outshining everyone else, and letting your talents be seen. But when you get involved with other people, you have to always check yourself if you've been letting the colors of the group show, or if you've been hogging all the spotlight to yourself.

Whenever I think of it, it amazes me. The fact that the balance of an idol group is THAT fragile to be taken care of, yet there are lots of sunbaes who have kept up and adjusted with that lifestyle, makes me think deeply about how I should view myself as an artist. Now, that I've taken a whiff of life being in a group, I've learned how hard it is to not leave your other members in performances. You can never just take the fame for yourself.

I'm good I'm good without you
I'm good I'm good


The second stanza passed by in a blur after the chorus, and I constantly checked our blockings while dancing. In a sense, it was hard to always adjust whenever your other members sing in the middle, you shouldn't go behind the singer, but you shouldn't go over him/her either. As I looked on and performed with HyeJang and MaRi, I felt tremendous admiration for SHINee, the sunbaes who had learned all of this the moment they got chosen to be the next best K-pop artists by S.M.E.

Whatever these guys learned in their life as K-pop celebrities, they learned by themselves. No one can be able to achieve what they did by just listening and watching. You have to experience it first to be able to know what it really feels like. And that's what I'm feeling right now.

As the second chorus began to play, I was snapped back to reality. I'll be doing a rap solo soon. It's a shock for me really, when the rap was given to me, but discovering that I somehow know how it works, especially having studied this back in Tokyo Cultural High, I took it.

It's gonna show another side of me, so why not?

Yo, im only Clyde if you clip me
And I still got ice even if you aint wit me
Candy paint and I still bump Biggie
Halter, throwback, ripped up dickies
Ya hate me cause I am nice up on the mic
I'm twice the size of rice
My flow keepin 'em right
Brain dead you need cents like 50
Cause you won't truly love me like Bobby and Whitney
No


While I was performing my rap, I looked at the 5 guys that had taken time to watch us. If they were already amazed when they saw the three of us perform, then their jaws reached the floor when they heard me rap. I saw the shock in their eyes, and even TaeMin-ah... oh the poor kid... was speechless when they heard me.

It really is a new thing for me, rapping lines like this. But now, I think I just realized that it's so cool being able to experience what MinHo Sunbae, Key Sunbae, and occasionally, TaeMin-ah, does in their songs. It feels so cool being able to throw lines like that, feeling like you're singing, but not really singing. It's a whole new and fun experience for me, and I guess I could slightly understand Key Sunbae and MinHo Sunbae more now.

I'm good I'm good without you
I'm good I'm good

I'm good !


Our song ended with a loud applause from SHINee. The girls once again took me to a corner of the room, spazzing about how they didn't commit mistakes while performing. I smiled at them, feeling happy that even I performed without any blunders. When we returned back to the center, Choreographer Sunbae was smiling widely at us.

"Well, it looks like I wouldn't have to polish 'I'm Good' now. You girls nailed it." She said, and I looked at my sunbaes with a smile. Choreographer Sunbae said that she's gonna dismiss us early today, so I aproached SHINee. But even before I could fully approach them, Key Sunbae went to me and messed my hair.

"I never knew you could throw lines like that!" He said, and all of SHINee followed him as they messed my hair up even more, trapping me in headlocks and hugs. And when I say headlocks, it certainly came from MinHo Sunbae, while the hugs came from Onew Sunbae and TaeMin-ah. I just laughed while everyone kept cheering for me.

When the hype subsided, JongHyun Sunbae took my hand and led me out of the rehearsal room, while the other four members went to Choreographer Sunbae and the two other girls to congratulate them for a good run.

Now just the two of us alone in the hallway, I looked at JongHyun Sunbae's smiling face.

"You know, I'm really glad that I visited you today because I saw another side of you. You're a four-way threat." He told me, and I just rolled my eyes.

"So, you haven't seen me do MC-ing? Maybe you'll say that I'm a five-way threat then." I said. He just laughed before taking out a box of chocolate pocky and giving it to me.

"Hey! Pocky!" I said, excitedly getting one and biting one side on the stick, leaving the rest exposed to air.

Suddenly, my shoulders were pinned to the wall by two strong hands and JongHyun Sunbae bit into the other side of the chocolate stick. My eyes widened as I saw how close his face is to mine, until he pulled back. He brought his lips to my ear after swallowing the part he bit off the pocky.

"Kyung-ah and I played this game once. But I now realized that playing it with you is much better." He whispered before letting go of my shoulders and peeking through the door to call his other members.

"Hey guys! We have to eat lunch now! We have to go to SBS for their Gayo Daejun after this!" He shouted from the door, and s went out, bidding me goodbye. As the five-member boyband retreated farther and farther from my line of sight, I remembered the box of chocolate pocky JongHyun Sunbae gave to me. It contained a note.

Once you play the pocky game with me, you promise to watch the SBS Gayo Daejun on podcast later tonight.
And you're not allowed to ignore me when I text you later.
- Chagi-yah <3 -