Chapter 39: What The Heck?! [Full Chapter and Teasers]

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

So. I said that I'll update for you despite my schedule. =] So, here I am.

I decided to post the teasers AND the full chapter in one page, simply because the teaser was something I enjoyed making. =]

So again, here is the OST of chapter 39, F[x]'s "Lollipop". Enjoy reading. =]

BTW, the teaser comes first before the full chapter. =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Xv7nAG1tA

= = =

The Challenge.

I quickly sat up from my bed, shocked at the challenge given to me. "Seriously. Choreography?!" I asked in utter surprise.

The Past and Present Life Convergence.

"Annyeonghaseyo, yeorobeun. Today, I face all of you not as a hoobae or a fellow artist, but as a choreographer."

The Shocker.

My worried gaze went to JongHyun Oppa again, who had a "what-the-hell-just-happened?!" look on his face.

The ordeal she has to face, the convergence of her past life as a student and her present life as a celebrity, and the shocking event that turns EVERYTHING around.

Chapter 39: What the Heck?!

coming soon.

= = =

DON'T PLAY THE SONG YET HERE. IF YOU DO PLAY IT, THE MOOD OF THE PART WILL BE RUINED. THANKS! =]

February 23, 2011
6:30 AM
ShiRin's Apartment/Dorm


"Oh no. I'm not letting you go, ShiRin-ah."

That line... JongHyun Oppa? But, I'm pretty sure, I'm still asleep. So, what's happening...?

"I can't help but protect you."

Memories began flashing back into my head, and I scrunched my eyes. This is no nightmare, but there is a sense of fear gripping at my veins.

"I'm in too deep, ShiRin-ah, and now, I'm going crazy."

The fear isn't about me waking up or me feeling hurt. I had to admit, this fear wasn't that.

"I love you, ShiRin-ah."

It was the fear of... falling. Falling for him.

-=- L - O - V - E girl... -=-

I opened my eys to the sight of my bedroom ceiling, and my phone ringing on my end table. Groggily, I took my phone and looked at the caller ID.

Calling: HeeSung-ah. =] <3

Oh. It's HeeSung-ah. I wonder why..?

I answered the phone to be greeted by a worried voice on the line. A worried HeeSung-ah.

"Neh, ShiRin-ah? Uhm, mianhae for disturbing your sleep, but do you remember what SME told you a few days before ending your promotions?" she asked me worriedly, and as I remembered, I encouraged her to go on.

"Neh. It's about a challenge that I would have to fulfill for the collaboration party-showcase of Sonic Entertainment and SM Entertainment, right? Wae-yo? What about it?" I asked her in successive questions, and the next sentences from HeeSung-ah stripped me of all my sleepy feelings.

"One of the heads of SME, SaChi-sshi to be exact, called me and said that the challenge that they want you to fulfill is for you to use your skills in dancing back at TCH and choreograph a new set of moves for F[x]'s 'Lollipop'. SHINee, as featured singers, will be included in that number to be presented on the 8th of March."

I quickly sat up from my bed, shocked at the challenge given to me. "Seriously. Choreography?!" I asked in utter surprise.

"Yeh. Good thing, you won't be doing this alone. MaRi-yah and HyeJang-ah, your project group co-members have been alerted already, as well as Miaka-chan, YeongJi-yah, Alberto, Miko-kun, Tomomasa-kun, JunHee-yah, and HaeYoung Oppa. The 7 on their flight to Korea last time I talked to Hae-Oppa. I guess they arrived already here." She said, and I let out a soft "Arasso." as a response.

"Before I forget. You'll be previewing the steps to the two groups on the 28th. You'll be rehearsing on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th, of March, while you have a technical rehearsal on the 7th. You guys can meet earlier than the 28th to get the steps ready." She added, and with a soft "Arasso. Komawo, HeeSung-ah." I hung up.

Not long after, I received a message from JunHee-yah, a TCH classmate and the top honor for the dance department, who had a crush on me back in our TCH days.

From: JunHee-yah [TCH Classmate]
Hey, just arrived in korea. Wanna start the choreography?
I'll meet you at 9:00 today at SME. =]


Oh heck yeah, I wanna start, JungHee-yah. I'm Song ShiRin, and I NEVER back down from a challenge.

= = =
START THE MUSIC HERE:

February 28, 2011
SME Practice Room
"Lollipop" - Dance Step Preview


"Annyeonghaseyo, yeorobeun. Today, I face all of you not as a hoobae or a fellow artist, but as a choreographer. Helping me in this endeavor of creating a newer, fresher set of steps for 'Lollipop' are my former co-trainees in SME, and co-alumni from Tokyo Cultural University, formerly Tokyo Cultural High School: Park MaRi, Lim HyeJang, Harino Miaka, Eun YeongJi, Alberto Rivas, Masahiro Tomomasa, Park HaeYoung, Akihira Miko, Bae JunHee, and myself, Song ShiRin, whom you all know as Selene onstage." I greeted the two sunbae-groups in front of me with a serious expression. I introduced the others, who gave the same aura to the idols.

I saw the unease that the idols had around us, knowing that they can't expect anything less from people pounded with training. Even SHINee, Key-ah included, had surprised expressions, seeing how serious I looked at and to them. F[x] with Amber-sshi with them, looked pretty nervous, especially after the news about my back up vocal-less performance sent them over the edge in amazement.

"Uhm, Selene-sshi, I noticed that not all of them are Korean. Can they understand and speak Korean, too?" Amber-sshi asked me, and as answer, all of the foreign alumni nodded.

"We'll be showing two versions of the new 'Lollipop' dance. The first set we'll present is the step for you idols, and the second would be for us choreographers." HyeJang-ah began.

"We considered the styles of dance that your bands focus on, and we made steps based on that. Also, for us guys, each of us corresponds to a SHINee member, and will stay that way throughout the song." Alberto said, and the SHINee members nodded in understanding.

"On the other hand, we girls are going to be shifting 'characters' as we call it and we'll be doing about 4 F[x] members in succession. This is applicable not only to singing parts, but dance parts as well. So, watch very carefully because you will be basing your steps from us." MaRi-yah added, and F[x] took it in through nods as well.

"But, why is there a separate routine for the choreographers?" MinHo-yah suddenly asked, and as I was about to answer, JunHee held my shoulder and answered for me.

"Well, actually, us choreographers are technically gonna have a showdown with you idols. We'd be asked to show our dance skills, so for posterity & preparations, we made the set." He said, before looking at me and smiling.

"But which is harder? Is it the set for us, or the set for the you?" Onew Sunbae suddenly asked, and with a chuckle, HaeYoung Oppa answered.

"THAT... you'd just have to watch and see." He said before moving into formation. I tossed them mics, so that we could show them what they would look like with mics.

"During the intro, switch the mics off first, because there's a chance of feedback if let it stay open." I said as I played the music, and quickly got into formation too.

When the beat began to resound, all the hounds of acting broke loose, because the idols groups saw not a set of dancers, but a set of their dopplegangers.

= = =

Truthfully, I had four 'characters' to play. My first appearance in the routine was playing Amber's role. Then, when Key-ah's part went "Dalkomhan lollipop oh, lollipop oh, lollipop oh.." I danced a bit as Krystal with Alberto, who was supposedly doing MinHo-yah.

When it was JongHyun Oppa's part, I danced with Tomomasa-kun who was playing the said SHINee member's role, right where Luna blends with him in the "oh oh oh...". Starting from the dance break, I danced as Victoria and remained playing her character until the end of the song.

When the song officially ended, the two idol groups clapped loudly and cheered for us with amazed looks on their faces. We dancers all got into a straight line, and took a breather while talking to the idols.

"Wow, Selene-sshi, I'm excited to learn my part in the dance break. You were the one who did it, right?" She asked me as she smiled, and with a soft chuckle, I nodded.

Suddenly, TaeMin-ah opened up the beginning of the choreographers' routine by saying "Now, I'm REALLY curious about the difference of the choreographer's set."

All of us dancers exchanged knowing looks and smirks. Oh, TaeMin-ah, there's A BIG difference with our choreographer's set compared to your idol's. We were still holding back then. In our set, we won't be holding back on our skills and athleticism.

"Oh yeah, we'd have to warn you, guys and girls. This set has tricks and athletic moves that we studied for many years in Tokyo Cultural." Miaka said, and eyebrows began to rise at this.

"Also, the style of the girls is based on the styles we perfected in Tokyo Cultural which is more on the mature womanly movements." YeongJi-yah added, and looked to me with a smirk. I smirked too before signalling that we should go to our formation. I played the music again.

And at the second run of the song, screams of "WHOAH!" echoed in the room. Why?

Because while the autotoned voice was speaking in the intro, YeongJi-yah did a split while MaRi-yah and HyeJang-ah on her opposite sides slid down on the floor beside her and did carnations. You know, where your toes reach the top of your head? The boys were in a loose circle, hiding me and Miaka-chan inside.

At the first beats of the intro, the two girls who were doing carnations bent their knees back alternately, like how a kid would do if he or she was lying on her stomach. YeongJi-yah on the other hand, posed and acted while joining in the adlibs of the autotoned voice. At Krystal's part, the boys broke from their loose circle, revealing Miaka-chan and I using real lollipops as our props in our dance, and the three girls doing exhibitions momentarily stopped to join in the dance routine.

I spied at look at the idols while were were performing, and let me tell you, their jaws reached the ground in amazement.

I told you we were still holding back earlier when we did your set earlier.

The routine was actually composed of popping, locking, and some hip-hop moves for the guys, while we girls did pop moves which were infused with jazz and hip-hop, thus the sashaying of the hips and y movements and stuff.

When the dance break came, the athleticism reached its peak. JunHee-yah and Tomomasa-kun showed off some B-boy moves while MaRi and HyeJang ran towards each other, but surprising the idols by doing a flip while they were at it. At the back part, HaeYoung Oppa, Miko-kun, and Alberto served as the platforms of me, Miaka, and YeongJi-yah as we three did supported sommersaults, which involved us, stepping on one leg of the kneeling guys and doing a backflip, where we all met in the center.

At this, SHINee officially screamed "WHOAH!". It's not often you see the girl doing the stunts, neh?

In the end, we finished the number by using the same position we did in the beginning. except that this time, besides the girls doing carnation and YeongJi-yah doing a split, JunHee-yah, Miko-kun, Tomomasa-kun, and Alberto did different-looking handstands and headstands, while HaeYoung Oppa, Miaka-chan, and I did our final pose just behind YeongJi, with Miaka-chan and I holding our lollipops in the air.

Just then, I heard Key Oppa speak.

"I MUST do a dance duel with you on StarKing, Selene-ah. Or, at least dance with you in a performance."

And the whole practice room burst into laughter.

As the other dancers stood up from their positions, the idols went to all of us, begging for us to teach them parts of our choreographers' routine, to which we nodded and laughed at. JongHyun Oppa approached me and messed my hair with a smile on his face.

"As usual, you made me love you more with that." He whispered to my ear before messing my hair again. I just laughed before brushing him off. He chuckled too before temporarily asking Tomomasa-kun to show him his dance during his part in "Lollipop" again.

I chuckled at how hyper the two bands were when suddenly, a move from Key-ah cut all the conversations short.

Why?

It's because...

The SHINee diva approached me and, out of the blue ...

... kissed me on the cheek.

"I really missed you, ShiRin-ah." He said, placing his right hand on my cheek, and caressing my skin with his thumb.

My eyes widened at his behavior, and my gaze, along with the others, insinctively went to JongHyun Oppa, who looked like he saw a murder happen in front of him.

"You might've told us about it, but that doesn't mean I'm fine with it." Key-ah said in a surprisingly low and scary voice before leaning very close to my face and placing another light kiss on my cheek. He then looked very shaply at the other SHINee members, more like glared at every single one of them, before going to his chair and getting his bag. He exited the rehearsal room then.

My worried gaze went to JongHyun Oppa again, who had a "what-the-hell-just-happened?!" look on his face. At the same time, my hand immediately reached my cheek to feel the skin that Key-ah bravely kissed... twice.

Key-ah...

What

the

HECK?!