Chapter 19: Welcoming Christmas

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! =]

I see that you guys commenting my story are excited for Christmas. =]

But actually, Selene's Christmas with SHINee is just pretty much normal. =] It's just that... she spent it with 5 wacky guys. x]

Well, don't start a song yet. I'll have a short introduction to the chapter before music starts. =]

i hope you'll like this. Merry Christmas! <3
= = =
December 24, 2010

"HeeSung-ah, thanks for taking care of the apartment keys for me." I told my manager as I we met up with each other in front of the SME building. The chilly air of Christmas is being felt everywhere, and I could really feel that Christmas is just a few hours away.

"No problem. You know that I could never ever say no to my cousin..." She said and I hugged her. She hugged me back, and I can't help but smile.

"But is it really okay if I don't welcome Christmas with you and LeeMyeong Abeonim?" I asked her and she just nodded.

"I'll take care of it. Even your LeeMyeong Abeonim can't say no to you..." She answered, and I chuckled just a little bit, holding on to the strap of my body bag.

"So, I guess you'll be spending Christmas with the boys, huh?" She asked me, and I just smiled.

I said yes when JongHyun Sunbae asked me to spend Christmas with all of them. I have to stick with it.

"Yeah." I said, and hugged her once more as I saw a familiar van enter the SME premises. A face peeked from the window, calling out my name.

"Noona! Let's go! The hyungs are already waiting for us at the park!" He told me, and as the door of the van opened, I took a deep breath and got inside.

"Arasso. Just make sure you wear your disguise, TaeMin-ah..."

= = =
=here's the soundtrack for this chapter: Anna Margaret's "Let It Snow!" ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWWIcnMHeWQ =

"ShiRin-ah!"

The cheers of the four other members of SHINee greeted me as their manager dropped TaeMin-ah and I off at the park. Their disguises are good enough to trick even the eagle-eyed, but of course, knowing that there are some things that couldn't be changed even with make-up, I recognized each one.

Aigoo. I thank the heavens for Key Sunbae and his ability with make-up and style.

"ShiRin-ah! You came!" Onew Sunbae told me as he took me in his arms and spun me around.

"Wow. You seem happy to see me..." I told him when he set me back on my feet, and he chuckled.

"Well, Hyung-ah is hyper again because his 'little sister' is gonna spend Christmas with him..." MinHo Sunbae said, holding his hand out for a high five, and with a chuckle, I complied. As my palm smack with his, I felt something else hit it.

A small box with a ribbon on top.

"Whoah. What's this?" I asked him, and he just smiled at me.

"A gift obviously. But you're not allowed to open it until we reach the dorm." MinHo Sunbae told me, and I nodded, placing it in my bag.

"How's my bestfriend number two?" Key Sunbae came to me and held me in his arms as well. I hugged him back, not helping my smile when he suddenly took his phone and snapped a picture of me and him.

"Freezing." I said, and he laughed before bringing out a long black scarf and beanie from his own bag.

"Here's my first Christmas gift for you. I'm pretty sure this will make you feel better." He said, before wrapping the scarf around my neck and placng the beanie on my head. I felt the warmth creeping into my skin, and I sighed.

"Thanks, Sunbae." I told Key Sunbae, suddenly cut off when arms wrapped around my waist.

"Hey, ShiRin-ah." A familiar deep voice whispered to my ear, and recognizing the greeting immediately, I chuckled before turning around to face him.

"You should really change your greeting, JongHyun Sunbae. It's too expected already." I told JongHyun Sunbae, who just smiled at me, releasing me from his embrace.

"So, I guess we're complete. Let's have some fun!" TaeMin-ah suddenly shouted, and with squeals of joy and glee, we all ran as fast as our legs would take us, into the park... laughing like it's already Christmas morning.

= = =

"I'm amazed you can run as quick as JongHyun Hyung." Taemin-ah told me while catching his breath, and I smiled at him. We had just finished are 3 rounds of chasing games.

"Yeah, even with heels as high as that..." Key Sunbae added, pointing to the high-heeled boots I was wearing. My smiles became laughs at this.

"I'm not gonna underestimate your running skills ever again." JongHyun Sunbae told me, and we all laughed as we began walking to a Starbucks Coffee Shop.

"I'll be having Vanilla Creme frappe, Noona..." TaeMin-ah trailed off as we got inside. I chuckled at how quick he decided.

"Maybe a double chocolaty chip frappe for me." MinHo Sunbae seconded as we looked for a table to fit the six of us. My chuckles grew louder.

When finally sat down, Onew Sunbae began saying his pick.

"What's your favorite frappe here, ShiRin-ah?" He asked me, and as I racked my mind for my favorite, I answered him.

"Dark Cherry Mocha." I told him, my eyes widening at what he told me next.

"Okay, I'll have that. I'm pretty sure I'll love whatever you pick." He said, and all of us smiled. Whoah. What trust Dubu Sunbae has in me is amazing.

Key Sunbae looked at me with a worried expression suddenly. I raised an eyebrow and asked.

"Wait, guys. When the frappes are done, they would call out our names. Just like me, after my Mocha Frappe is done, they'll call out my name. How will we say our names so that we won't be noticed?" He told me, and I laughed.

"Well, we can use the first letter of our names. Example, for Key Sunbae, he can use the English letter K, but written with the syllables Kei. For Onew Sunbae, he can use the letter J with the syllables Jei. For MinHo Sunbae, he can use Emu because of the letter M. For TaeMin-ah, he can use T as ti or Tae, if he likes." I suggested, smiling as the members nodded their heads, going along with what I said.

"For JongHyun Sunbae however..." I trailed off, looking at my Sunbae. I'm unsure of how he'll do this. But he just smiled at me.

"I'll be using the letter X. Eksu. I'll be getting a caramel frappe, by the way." He told me, and I smiled, nodding at what he picked.

"Well, I'll be playing your little sister then. I'll use the letter S. Or, more specifically, Esu. Since I'm your sister, I'll be getting a caramel macchiato. If my Oppa got something caramel, then so will I." I smiled at JongHyun Sunbae, and with a soft chuckle, he winked at me.

"Okay, let's order." Onew Sunbae said, and we all stood up to go to the counter.

= = =

"Today was absolutely amazing!" TaeMin-ah shouted as he ran inside their dorm. He was quick to lay back on the couch while all of us were still taking our shoes off.

"Yah, TaeMin-ah!" Key Sunbae exclaimed and I was pretty sure that he'd lecture TaeMin-ah today for being so hyper.

While I was taking off my boots, I saw a note stuck to their shoe rack, and as I read the words, I called out to every SHINee member.

"Hey guys. I think you have to read this..." I said, and every member went beside me to read the note made by their two managers.

Guys! Our siblings and parents called us saying we had to go home for Christmas.
SME allowed us to go, so we're leaving everything into your hands, JinKi-yah, Jjong-ah.
Take care of the younger ones, as well as the pretty guest you brought! =]
Key-ah, the ingredients for the food you wish to cook are in the fridge.
MinHo-yah, you're free to play Xbox for the night. It's Christmas after all. =]
TaeMin-ah, the banana and strawberry milk is in the fridge. Don't forget to offer your guest!
And to ShiRin-sshi, LeeMyeong Sunbae-nim brought something for you.
It's under the the Christmas tree. Also, you can sleep in any of our rooms.
So, enjoy the season, boys. Have a merry christmas!

- Manager Hyungs -


"They left the ingredients in the fridge? YES!" Key Sunbae exclaimed loudly before running to the kitchen. For sure, he's going to start on his Christmas feast now.

"I can't believe they'd really leave..." Onew Sunbae said softly.

"But I'm not complaining!" He suddenly shouted before calling MinHo for a round of games on the Xbox.

"Wow. We're free tonight. Nice..." TaeMin-ah said with a happy expression before taking my hand and holding it.

"Noona, want some strawberry milk? I'll give you some." He asked me, and I just smiled before nodding.

I WAS longing for some milk after all...

= = =

"I still can't get enough of your food, Key Sunbae. May it be in Japan or here..." I told Key Sunbae as we settled in the living room for another round of games. We just finished dinner, succeeded by about 3 rounds of games. Everybody was complimenting Key Sunbae after the meal. But who can blame him? He cooks THAT well.

"Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that my bestfriend number 2 enjoys it. After all, this will be the first Christmas she'll spend with us." He told me and the rest of SHINee, and I couldn't hide my smile. I looked at my wristwatch and gasped as I saw the time.

"Guys, it's already 11:55! You know that five minutes after this, it's already Christmas!" I exclaimed, and as the information sunk in, every member scrammed to fix their living room, abandoning the games they were playing.

TaeMin-ah returned the mangas he had been reading in the shelf. Onew Sunbae went to their room, presumably getting his gifts. Key Sunbae placed the dishes he washed and left to dry in the dish cabinet. MinHo Sunbae shut down their computer, and JongHyun Sunbae got my bag from the couch and gave it to me. That is where all my gifts are.

We all sat down in a circle and began giving our gifts. We all planned that we'll open them when the clock strikes 12. I laughed at how the boys gave their gifts to each other. Key Sunbae as always, became the umma of the group. Onew Sunbae presided over the gift-giving, much like the appa. TaeMin-ah was the one excited for everything, expected of a maknae. MinHo Sunbae was the quiet one as always, just laughing whenever s would do something funny to each other.

JongHyun Sunbae was the unusual one though. He just sat beside me and smiled at the members. This is unusual for he's the one who, more often than not, joins the other members in the fun. But he just quietly sat beside me, and when he caught my eye, he just smiled.

I wonder what it is with him...

= = =

"Jeongmal Kamsahamnida!"

These were the words that came out of my lips the moment I opened the gifts of everybody. MinHo Sunbae gave me blue earrings, and that was what the box he gave me ealier contained. Onew Sunbae gave me a star necklace, while Key Sunbae gave me a bracelet with rhinestone studded lock and key charms. TaeMin-ah gave me two cellphone charms, a blue star and a blue heart charm. This came in handy when I found out what gift LeeMyeong Abeonim gave me. A new Blackberry Storm 2.

In exchange, I gave Onew sunbae an Onew Plushie, which I saw him eyeing once. For Key Sunbae, I gave him a key cellphone charm. I actually told him I was embarrassed because I couldn't find a key necklace for guys, but he just hugged me and said that he's contented with this as long as its from me. I gave MinHo Sunbae a soccer ball keychain, to which he excitedly said 'Thank you soooo much!' . I gave TaeMin a Taemin Lucifer plushie, and I can't help but smile as he brought it to his chest with a big smile on his face.

When the clock struck 12 however, and JongHyun Sunbae still hasn't given me anything, I began to wonder why this was so. It's fine with me if he didn't give anything, but the moment we got to their dorm, he became quiet. It was very unlike him to be that way.

While everything was still loud and cheery in the living room, I excused myself to go to the kitchen. But suddenly, JongHyun Sunbae held me by the wrist and brought me to their room. All the while, the Christmas hype was still gripping everybody, and the boys never noticed that JongHyun Sunbae tugged me away.

When I got to their room, I shyly gave Sunbae my gift, a two-tone ring. I found this and thought that it would look good on him, so I decided to buy it. When I slipped it on the middle finger of his right hand, I noticed that he wasn't wearing the ring he used to share with SeKyung-sshi. So that means...

"Sunbae, do you have another one you like?" I asked him, in the silence of the room, he nodded.

"Yup. I realized that just like the song 'Last Christmas' I should just give my heart to someone special so I won't cry." He told me, and my eyes widened.

"Huh? But how about SeKyung-sshi? You guys were priceless!" I exclaimed, but he silenced me by opening a small box in front of me, and I gasped.

It's a two tone ring as well. And I love it.

"Well, I didn't give this to you in front of the other members because they might think that there's something going on with us. I had a hard time finding something like this. I constantly wore a disguise so that I could find this kind of two tone ring. But when I found it, I knew everything was worth it. It's you anyway." He told me, and I just smiled.

"You value me, a simple hoobae, that much?" I asked him, and he just smirked.

"I guess. Well, wear it now. I wanna see if it fits." He excitedly told me, and as I slipped the ring on my finger, JongHyun Sunbae took off the necklace with the ring he had for SeKyung-sshi.

"I guess I'll keep this now. I won't want to see you wear something related to Kyung-ah. You're not her anyway..." He told me, and I smiled even more.

"Thanks, Sunbae. This Christmas was really special because of you guys." I told him, and he didn't say anything.

He just took me into his arms and breathed deeply.

"You don't have to thank me. You were the one who added the star to my Christmas tree anyway." He told me as he held me tighter in his arms.

Just then, my new phone, but with the same number, rang.

It was a text from LeeMyeong Abeonim.

From: LeeMyeong Abeonim

So, how's your new phone? Like it? I was the one who picked that.
I just checked if the phone company did what I asked.
When the clock strikes twelve, your number on your old phone will be disconnected.
Then, it will be reconnected in your new phone.
If you received this message, then cool! I'll call you later! =]

Merry Christmas, ShiRin-ah. I hope your heart finds happiness today.


When I slipped my phone back to my pocket, I pulled back from the embrace I had with JongHyun Sunbae.

Even if LeeMyeong Abeonim doesn't hear it, I'll answer him anyway.

"LeeMyeong Abeonim, even before the clock struck 12, I already found happiness. Thanks for letting me meet SHINee..."