Chapter 22

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

Here's my second update for the day!

READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. =]

It's already been updated. =]

ENJOY! <3

= = =
PLAY SHINee's "The SHINee World" from this part, until further notice! =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2pdY6oI1uY

"Wow."

That was the only word that came out of my lips as the lights dimmed down and the show began. I made my way to the first row of spectators from the backstage, my attire now not giving me away. I quickly sat as a series of sounds began to play...

...and the story of the show unfolded itself.

The concert began with a breath-taking video presentation showing each member. I had to literally hold my mouth with my hands to keep myself from screaming.

Of course, why would I waste my voice when a few days from today, I'll be singing on my own stage too?

Excitement was really being felt all around the whole stadium as SHINee finally appeared with 'The SHINee World'. Every member dancing really gave it all they got for their fans. I noticed how they had fun on stage even for the first number, and I can't help but smile as I saw how even the maknae was showing his manly side to everyone.

Not long after, another song, Senorita, echoed through the whole venue, followed by the cheers of ShaWols.

I was surprised yesterday that SHINee would be performing this, and even now, I still am shocked. They danced like never before. But I noticed that it wasn't JongHyun Sunbae dancing. There has been a substitute for him on the stage. Well, we just have to understand him. He had an injury, so he should be witheld from his strenous activities.

How did I know that he's injured?

He told me, of course. Why wouldn't he tell his friend what happened to him?

Anyway, next up was Get Down. I really still am amazed at how MinHo Sunbae and Key Sunbae can rap lines that fast.

Back in Tokyo Cultural, I had my shot at rapping as well, because I'm studying modern performing arts. But man, how they pronounced each word, I was blown away. Add the fact that JongHyun Sunbae kept hitting the high notes in the song... truly amazing.

Amigo was up soon after. Truthfully, this had been another song that I'm amazed at by the choreography. But I was shell-shocked by what Jonghyun Sunbae did. Gosh! Didn't he fear for his life when he flew in with just wire holding him?

Stand by Me in Japanese version was great by the way. Knowing the Japanese language, I think the members pronounced Nihonggo quite well. Of course, why would I doubt their skills? They're SHINee after all. If they can overcome the English barriers through Key Sunbae, Chinese barriers through Onew Sunbae and JongHyun Sunbae, I'm pretty sure they can break through the Japanese language barrier as well.

I commend these guys.

Love Still Goes On was priceless. TaeMin-ah and MinHo Sunbae played around the stage, and it was obvious that the excitement found its way to SHINee. I really am surprised that they can be even more hyper than what they were showing earlier! Oh well, we can never underestimate SHINee.

Personally, I think Juliette is real for these guys. When the intro of the song went on, they guys got into 'Romeo Mode'! Yup. REALLY ROMEO, ROMANTIC AND ALL. I can understand if it's JongHyun Sunbae for he has Shin SeKyung-sshi, but the others? Whoah. Who were they thinking about when they sang Juliette?

I'll ask them later. If they say that it's me...

...I'll whack their heads.

That will be pure lies if it's me. Kohjinma.

I wonder what happened with the mics during 'Hello'. There had been some technical problems. But I guess the performance and a quirk of its own. SHINee has their own way of making up for that. Again, I can't help but smile widely at how professional these guys are.

When SHINee sang 'Your Name' I felt like I was in heaven.

Just joking.

But seriously though. They sang it really well. They don't seem to be bothered by their stages that moved up and down. Oh well, the video at the back was really cool too. From picture frames, it became wings. It made me think of their Ring Ding Dong video all over again.

A video presentation followed the last song for their 'Act 1', as I like to call it. It cued in for someone's solo stage. But whose?

The question was answered not long after.

It was JongHyun Sunbae's.

Wow. Because of JongHyun Sunbae's rendition of the song, I think I fell in love with the song "Girls" by Wheesung Sunbae-nim. Well, of course, we can see that when a Japanese girl joined him on stage, he began to get his flirt on. What amazed me was when he pulled the wipe-my-two-fingers-on-my-lips-then-wipe-them-on-yours move on the girl. It kinda made me think about how the fans will view this as.

This guy already has a girlfriend. Wouldn't SeKyung-sshi be... jealous by this?

I kinda laughed internally when the thought went through my brain. What they don't know is that the JongKyung couple isn't true anymore.

MinHo Sunbae's solo made me laugh at first. OMG, that was the song he performed. Originally done by Usher. I thought at first that this couldn't be "K-pop-ified" but boy, was I wrong. MinHo Sunbae pulled it off really well. I commend him for that.

TaeMin-ah's solo blew me away. I haven't watched this yesterday when I looked at their TDR, probably because I was already rehearsing... but he was so cool during his solo. I can't believe he could sing 'Romeo and Juliette' alone...and bring it on fire. Amazing guy and amazing potential, I tell you.

That's why he's my bias.

Anyway, Key Sunbae's solo brought a smile to my face. He did another one of Kesha's songs. TikTok was the first one, now, it's First Kiss. Oh well, I think we've got a Kesha fan right here. Also, his english is quite good. Very good actually. I should try conversing with him in English soon, for practice.

Now that I looked at it, Krystal Sunbae is actually here... but I didn't see her backstage. Oh well. Now that I think of it, Krystal Sunbae and Key Sunbae look cool together.

Is that another pairing I see forming in front of me? K-squared?

A-yo caught my eye when they performed it. I never knew there's a choreography to this one. But, it's kinda easy to follow. I actually got in after watching it twice. Cool.

Wait. I got after looking twice? My glitch is back?

YES!

Anyway, moving on. Another MV became the transition to a very romantic song. 'It Can't Not Be You' or let's just hide it under "Romantic." As I looked at them sing, I realized that because of continuous and constant requests to sing, TaeMin-ah's voice improved in this one. Good job for this one.

I think I'll be giving him his well deserved-hug after this concert.

The intro for Obsession was kinda...strange. Well, it sounded so surreal, so I wondered if it really is live or not. Oh, how SHINee makes me wonder.

What? Before I became their hoobae, I was originally a fan!

How these guys sang Graze was so cool. I never thought that they can dance to it. But hey, it's SHINee, what can we expect?

Onew Sunbae's solo really made me gape my mouth open. Popera at its finest. I don't expect that idols can pull off singing opera, but Lee JinKi here had been the first, and best, example of an idol's ability to sing opera while being a pop singer at the same time.

I think I should hug 'my oppa' after the concert, too. He deserves something from his 'dongsaeng'.

Just like 'Super Show 2' it wouldn't surprise me that SHINee would perform a folk song. If Super Junior Sunbaes did it with 'Puff the Magic Dragon', I certainly wouldn't stop them if they sing a Korean folk song in Japan. I certainly won't, 'cause TaeMin-ah as an angel along with the others really make my day.

Another MV became the intermission for another leg of the concert. And the intro of Replay echoed not long after. Man, this song never gets old!

The boys performing their hits like Love Like Oxygen and Up & Down was kinda expected, but in its entirety, unexpected as well. Everytime they perform their old and new hits side by side, you can see how much their styles changed and matured. But at the same time, you can see that they are still, the same hyper boys the ShaWols fell in love with.

A video touched everybody's hearts after this leg of the concert, and you can see that tears formed in SHINee's eyes. I personally wanted to leave the stadium then and there.

Not because I was disappointed.

But because I wanted to cry too.

And I don't want them to see it.

= = =

PLAY SHINEE'S ROMANTIC IN THIS PART!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3NYtEKdnY

Quasimodo was sung so well, and to think that the whole of SHINee cried before the song, it was amazing. They really have talent, and they use it.

Next up was 'Life'. If the song had touched me during the Christmas party, ten, it officially made me cry today.

I was shocked when JongHyun Sunbae suddenly moved to where I was seated during the beginning of the song, and despite my tears, I smiled at him.

I knew that he was worried for me, his concerned expression evidence for his worry. But I just shook my head, implying that I was still fine.

These guys had been putting their best foot forward for two years, and only now did they get the chance to receive the love and effort they gave.

I was really proud of these Sunbaes, and truthfully, I felt like I was unfair to them.

I had easy with the training. I only faced SME for 5 months, this month included before debuting.

I didn't experience the pain a normal S.M.E trainee has, like being deprived of money and other hardships.

I felt like then and there, I was unfair.

I should at least suffer as much as they did, or even more.

Because seeing them sing like this made me feel that no matter what happens, no one can be like them.

No hoobae can be able to match up to them.

Not even me, no matter how much talent they see in me.

Just then, I felt my phone vibrating from my pocket. I quickly took it and read the message.

From: Arianna-chan [TCH Classmate]

ShiRin-chan! Have you forgotten to read your e-mails?
Today will be our last rehearsal for the Alumni Homecoming Party in Tokyo Cultural!
It's tomorrow! You have to come today! Or else, you won't be able to learn the steps!
I'll be expecting you, tomodachi! =]
HeeSung-chan's brother has been worried nuts for you... by the way. x]


Wait. Is the rehearsal really today?!

I quickly looked at my calendar in my phone and as I looked at the date, I can't help but whisper a soft "Aish...".

"I guess they'll understand if I just watch the second run later at 5:00..." I said, and with that, turned my back and began to run away... decision made up to go to Tokyo Cultural High.

I have a duty to my friends.

But I have a duty to my alma mater as well.

I'm sorry, SHINee Sunbaes.

But I'll just watch again at 5.