Chapter 50: The Question

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

Hi guys! =] I'm updating again, since 3 days had already passed by since I last updated. =]

I guess I could say that I'm already out of my hiatus, since I'd be -almost- regularly updating.

Here's the comment reply I have for imkeysyeobo who almost immediately commented. <3

@imkeysyeobo: I'm glad you liked it that I mentioned you. x] SE's been harsh, neh? But I think we couldn't blame them. They're just protecting ShiRin. I'm glad you're really positive about how this "scandal" between the two of them would end. Thanks for commenting. =]

By the way, the title of this chapter has something to do with the last line of this whole chapter. So, you can expect the the last line of all this is a question. x]

Anyway, here is my update for the 50TH chapter, which means that there are only 10 CHAPTERS TO GO!

Enjoy reading! <33

= = = = = = = = = = =

April 6, 2011
SeonJim Hospital - Room 405
6:00 AM


"ShiRin-ah, ireona, ireona..."

I opened my eyes to find a sad HeeSung-ah looking at me, stirring me from my sleep. I only breathed deeply once before rising up to a sitting position. I looked at her with a blank expression and asked her what was going on.

"I'm up. What's happening?"

I have been feeling fine ever since last night, though I never let my manager know that I had heard everything. I just brushed the hair away from my face before bracing myself for HeeSung-ah's answer.

"Sonic Entertainment wants you at SME today. They made me report last night about you. Since you're fine, they're thinking of borrowing you from SME for a bit. They're hammering out the details for your debut in Japan." She told me, and I kept silent as she continued to speak. She DID continue, but she was zipping up the bag where my clothes are as she did so.

"I'm sorry it seems so sudden, ShiRin-ah. The debut and all. It's just because SE wants you to---" She began, turning towards me, but I already cut her off by holding her hand.

"You don't need to lie to me. I already know everything." I said. I looked into her eyes, seeing how shocked and confused she was on how I could have realized it.

But then, the floodgates of HeeSung's tears opened.

"I'm so sorry, Shirin-ah! I wasn't a good manager for you!"

= = = Chapter Soundtrack: Only One - B1A4  = = =

April 6, 2011
SeonJim Hospital - Room 405
6:05 AM


"I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to protect you from this! Now, look at you! You've just suffered from a life-threatening attempt, and soon you'll be losing even your friends from SME!" She said to me, sobbing in my arms.

"No, you're not a bad manager, HeeSung-ah. You did the best you could, right?" I said as I pushed her gently to release me, smiling at her as I did so. At that, more tears spilled from her eyes, and she hugged me tighter than before.

"I told SHINee last night that you can only visit them until today. But even today, they're not gonna be able to see you..." She began, pulling back from the embrace and looking down.

I nodded, understanding what she told me. I huffed a deep breath again before asking HeeSung-ah for my phone. She just gave it to me wordlessly and I looked at it. My eyebrows furrowed as I read a cryptic message from JongHyun Oppa.

From: JongHyun Oppa <3

You're not going anywhere on my birthday.

 
I quickly showed it to HeeSung-ah, who surprisingly smiled. I tried to ask her what it was about, but she just replied with an unrelated statement.

"Just wash up and let's go to the SME building. It seems like something interesting has come up."

= = =
April 6, 2011
SME Building - Directors' Conference Room
7:50 AM


"So, you mean, JongHyun-sshi, that you guys want to help in finding out who the one hurting Selene-ah is?" The director of the SE talent center asked me. I just nodded before explaining further.

"I think this will not only clear ShiRin-ah's name, but my name as well. And, if ever I announce to the public that I really love her, then... this will serve as evidence to prevent more scandals."

"Are you sure about this, JongHyun-ah? Are you certain that this isn't just a passing whim?" SooMan Sajang-nim asked me, but even before I had the chance to answer, Key-ah answered for me.

"Yes, he is. And I can attest to that. It was not only JongHyun Hyung who fell in love with her during her stay here. Even I... Even I found it in myself to love her. Every single one of us SHINee members found a place in our hearts for her..." He began, before turning to me.

"But of course, even if I love her more than just a friend, I'm willing to give her up to JongHyun Hyung. Knowing that he's ready to trade his career for hers is enough proof." He finished with a smile. I couldn't help but smile at him, too.

"Alright then. But I know there's a catch. What is it?" LeeMyeong Sunbae-nim suddenly asked us. To which Onew Hyung and MinHo-yah replied.

"There are actually two. The first catch is that when she leaves, she'd still be allowed communication with SME artists, most especially to SHINee." MinHo-yah began, to which a grin began to appear on my face.

"And the second?" SooMan Sajang-nim asked.

"Is that ShiRin be allowed to leave at least a day after JongHyun-ah's birthday." Onew Hyung said, to which my grin erupted to a smile.

I saw that from the corner of my eyes, SooMan Sajang-nim, LeeMyeong Sajang-nim, and the head of the SE talent's center exchange knowing looks. And at last, the three looked at us.

"I see, JongHyun-ah. So you love my daughter that much, huh?" LeeMyeong Sajang-nim asked me with a grin, and I nodded as a reply.

"And to think that SHINee is ready to back you up in this..." SooMan Sajang-nim continued.

"I think it's settled now." The head of SE said, and our faces turned expectant.

"Selene-ah will be allowed communication with you while she's in Japan, and her flight is gonna be re-scheduled to April 9. As long as you five exert efforts to help us find the culprit, then I guess our star is in good hands with you." She said, and at that...

...the whole SHINee burst into cheers.

I looked at the distance, seeing the teary eyes of my beloved, and smiled before approaching her, who was seated beside HeeSung Sunbae. She hasn't said a single word ever since she entered the conference room, but I know that deep inside her, she wanted the same thing.

When I finally reached her, I held her close to me without a single word escaping my lips, and as she sobbed at my chest, I softly said to her.

"I told you, ShiRin-ah... You're not going anywhere on my birthday."

= = =
April 6, 2011
ShiRin's Apartment / Dorm
7:00 PM


"I'll be leaving you for a bit. I'll just go to the airport to get our new tickets. Just rest for now, ShiRin-ah, arasso?" HeeSung-ah asked me as she walked towards the door of my apartment. I nodded as a reply.

But before she took hold of the knob, she turned around and said another instruction.

"And boys, take very good care of her, arasso?" She asked, and as a reply 5 male voices shouted.

"Neh, Sunbae!"

I looked to my left, sighing as I felt JongHyun Oppa's arms wrap around me tighter as I did so. I inclined my neck to look at his smiling face before snuggling once more to his chest.

"Yah, you two. Are you still not tired of that?" MinHo-yah teased us as he chuckled, sitting beside JongHyun Oppa.

"Hush! They're in the middle of their moment, y'know?!" Onew Oppa, who was seated on the other side of me, interjected, to which everyone laughed at.

"Gosh. If only I brought my camera..." TaeMin-ah said, and laughs once more erupted from us. I took it as a cue to pull back from the gesture and sit properly.

"Hey, I said my piece earlier, too! Where's my hug?" A jokingly jealous Key-ah said as he sat on the floor just below me. I just smiled before leaning down and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I think a kiss is better." I told him, then winked. The five of us noticed him blush at the contact, and then we all chuckled afterwards.

"So, you're still gonna go to Japan, huh?" Onew Oppa asked, and I nodded.

"But hey, at least we'd still be able to talk to Noona." TaeMin-ah continued. I smiled at the SHINee member before once more letting JongHyun Oppa pull me into his embrace.

= = =
April 6, 2011
ShiRin's Apartment / Dorm
9:20 PM


"Hey, Jjong-ah! We'll be going now. I think Manager Hyung wants to talk to me at the dorm. Take care of ShiRin-ah..." Onew Hyung told me, and I nodded, smiling as the other four members closed the door of ShiRin-ah's apartment. At the click of the door, I looked at my sleeping angel, still nestled against my chest.

"I really love you, Rin-ah..." I whispered to her hair as I placed a gentle kiss on the side of her head.

"...I love you too, Jjong-Oppa..." I suddenly heard ShiRin-ah murmur against me, and I quickly pulled back to look at her again, seeing that she was still asleep.

Then and there, I knew...

...she loves me too.

I held her tighter to me, a single tear escaping from my now closed eyes. This is one of the best days in my entire life.

Even if she didn't say it consciously, I know that she loves me.

And that was enough.

If only she could say it to my face, though. It would absolutely be the best thing in my existence.

Not a few minutes have passed when I felt her stir and wake up. I quickly wiped the track the tear made on my face and breathed deeply.

"Hey, where are the others?" She asked me.

"They'd already gone back to the dorm. They left me here since we have a free day tomorrow, as well as my birthday the following day." I told her, which was the truth. She just sighed while nodding, taking the information in.

"Oh, before I forget to ask... What do you want for your birthday?" She suddenly asked me, pulling back from my hold.

"Wae? Are you planning to give me something?" I asked her back, and I smiled when I saw her nod.

"You don't need to give me anything, though. You only have to answer this question on the day of my birthday..." I began before placing my lips close to her ear.

"Do you love Kim JongHyun?"