Chapter 28

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

Hello everyone! =] I'm here for another update again! <333

Well, I'd have to say sorry to everybody. Yesterday, I have been so busy and I had no time to reply to your comments.

Well, today, expect the replies to your comments in your profiles as private messages. =]

Oh yeah, before I forget. Today is the start of SHINEE'S TWO DAY KOREAN CONCERT! x3 <3333

But I can't go. Mannn. I'm in the Philippines while everyone's having the time of their lives in Seoul's Olympic Stadium.

Anyway. x] Here's the update for today.

With a soundtrack of CN Blue's "I'm A Loner".

But I'll be giving the link after a short introduction to the chapter.

Enjoy! x3

= = =

January 1, 2010
8:00 A.M.
Seoul, Korea
ShiRin's Apartment


-=- Ding Dong -=-

A sound of a doorbell echoed inside my apartment, and I turned to my side. It's the first of January for crying out loud! Can't I AT LEAST have some sleep around here?!

-=- Ding Dong -=-

There it goes again! I placed a pillow over my ears to somehow block the sound. I don't really want visitors in my home right now.

-=- Ding Dong -=-

But as the third ring echoed, realization hit me.

Deja vu much?

I quickly sat up on my bed, making sure that I was wearing a less revealing attire this time.

I quickly checked my phone for the time, a question forming in my head.

If I DO remember correctly, after watching SHINee in the MBC Gayo Daejun last night, I slept at around... 1:30.

So... he didn't come at two?

I went out of my bed, hurriedly fixing it, my resolve strengthening on who the person ringing the bell could be.

I walked to the door, taking a deep breath before opening it.

And there he is, just like last time.

"You really take long to answer the door, don't you?" He asked me, and I just awkwardly ran my hand along the back of my head.

"Mianhae, JongHyun Oppa."

= = =
CN Blue : I'm A Loner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHSENh9ZJfQ

"I was supposed to come to your apartment at two earlier today, but I decided not to. I care about your sleep too, you know?" JongHyun Oppa said as we now sat across each other, eating breakfast that I cooked the moment JongHyun Oppa came in.

"Well thanks. At least you considered my lack of rest..." I said softly, and he just smiled.

"I brought some make-up here, sent by Key-ah. He told me I should re-style myself or something to prevent suspicion." He told me, motioning to a small pouch bag that lay on the couch, and I tried to stop my chuckles.

Aigooo, Key Sunbae is acting all Umma again.

I reached for the warm tea I prepared for both of us and began to drink. I relished in the warm feeling of the tea travelling down my throat.

"After we eat this, dress up. Let's go out." He said after a short silence.

In that moment, I choked on the tea I was drinking. Coughing erupted from my figure, and I tried my best to stay calm.

I'm pretty sure he meant the denotation of the words "go out". Go out as in go outside, not "go out" as in date.

But why is it that the moment he said that, the connotation immediately flashed in my brain?

"Oi! Gwaenchana? Are you okay? What's wrong?" JongHyun Oppa asked me in a flurry of questions, immediately going to my side to soothe me from my coughing.

"Nothing. I just remembered that I have rehearsals at 3 in the afternoon." I said, which was true, and hoped he'd buy it for some reason.

"Oh, I see. Well, we can go out into the streets today until about 12 or so. I'm gonna be wearing disguise anyway. Plus, I'll be restyling myself. I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem." He told me and I nodded.

"Sure. But remember... you have a concert today. What's gonna happen with that? Don't you have dry runs or something?" I asked him, and he just smiled.

"Ever wondered why I didn't visit at 2 earlier?" He suddenly asked me, and in that moment, I understood.

"From the Gayo Daejun, we immediately went to the concert venue to do the soundchecks. We'll still do the final soundchecks today, but we can go there at about 4 in the afternoon. But, anyway, we go back to the time. We went home at about 4, then I slept until 7:30." He told me, and I just looked at him sympathetically.

"You really have no time for rest, do you?" I asked him, and with a sad smile, he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe you shouldn't have visited me. You could have rested some more." I told him, but even before I was through, JongHyun Oppa was already shaking his head.

"That... is something that I don't mind. It's fine with me if I spend time with you." He told me, his hand reaching out across the table to hold mine. My heartbeats quickened as our hands found contact, and I had to take a deep breath before pulling my hands away from him.

"Well, you better dress up now. Once you're done, can you help me with restyling myself? Try to make me... unnoticeable somehow." He told me, and I nodded, heading back to my bedroom to pick up suitable winter wear from my closet.

"Let's walk down the streets today. I haven't done that in a long time." I heard his voice as I made my way to the bathroom to fix myself. I shouted my reply as I slid the door of the batroom closed.

"Sure."

= = =
9:15 A.M.
Downtown Seoul


"At last! I walked down the streets again!" JongHyun Oppa exclaimed as we now walked around the streets of downtown Seoul.

"Have you really been deprived of opportunities to walk down the streets?" I asked him, laughing at how goofy he is.

"Yep. And it's SO refreshing to be able to do it again." He told me, and I can't help but laugh a bit more as our steps formed a steady pace.

"You know, it feels so nice walking with you right now. Thanks for coming with me." He told me, and I nodded, understanding his reason for being so thankful.

"Well, it's fine with me. Besides, I'll be losing this opportunity a few days or weeks from now. So I better make use of it while I still can." I told him, and now, it was his turn to nod understandingly. I'm pretty sure he gets what I mean, after all, he had been through this WAY before me.

"Since you opened up that topic, I haven't experienced running down the streets holding a girl's hand again ever since I debuted." He told me, and I can't help but raise an eyebrow.

"Chinja? What about your Noona whom you escorted away from the theater after watching Rock Of Ages? Or your latest girlfriend?" I asked him, being careful in choosing my words, and he just looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"For one, when I escorted Noona, I had an arm around her shoulder, I didn't hold her hand. And for two, when she and I were together, I never had a chance to hold her hand in public. Remember, when they caught us walking side by side, they immediately took pictures of us. For three, the most that we did was link our pinkies together while walking." He told me, careful about his words as well, and I thought about every word he said. In deep thought, I tilted my head to the right.

"Oh? Chinja? I thought you had held her hand while walking down the street already." I said, and from a blank face, JongHyun Oppa suddenly brightened up.

"See? So, could I have my wish fulfilled today for once?" He asked me, and I looked at him with a confused expression.

I haven't opened my mouth to answer when I felt that my hand was held very tightly.

And that I was running.

"Yah, Oppa! Once you let me go later, you'll get it!" I exclaimed, intending to be serious, but when I saw JongHyun Oppa's smiling expression, and I heard him laugh, I immediately softened up and laughed as well.

"Really then, let's see." He provoked me as his legs picked up pace even more.

"Yah! I thought you have an injury?! What happened to that?!" I asked worriedly to him, which earned me laughs.

"Well, I'm already fine with my ankle. I'm just resting currently, but I can run a lot now. Dancing is still a no-no, though. The choreo usually requires me to twist some in the ankle area. I can only apply stress on one direction of the ankle, which is just a straight line." He told me, and with a smile, I replied with a soft "Okay.".

We continued to run down the streets, slowing down only when we crossed the street.

"Thanks for fulfilling my wish today. I don't know when I last felt this kind of thrill." He told me, and I just smiled.

"I already told you, it's fine with me." I told him, and I felt him tighten his hold on my hand even more.

"Let's go buy ingredients for food. I think I'd like to eat lunch in your apartment. Is it okay with you?" He asked me, and I nodded.

I brought my wallet anyways.

It wasn't long before I felt myself running again.

Aigoo, JongHyun Oppa.

If I trip or slip, you're going to have to take responsibility.


= = =
11:30 A.M.
Seoul Shopping District


Now with plastic bags in hand, we walked down the shopping district of Seoul, on our way back to my apartment. The trek in the market took some time, but it had been a fun experience for the both of us. We couldn't keep ourselves from giggling as no one recognized JongHyun Oppa. No one looked at him for more than 2 seconds.

While walking, a silver keychain caught my eye. It amazed me that a keychain like that could be able to contain wonderful carved out musical notes.

I never noticed that I had been staring at the object until I heard JongHyun Oppa's voice cut through my thoughts.

"You want it?" He asked me, and I could only nod as I continued to stare at the object.

"I'll be getting this keychain." I heard him suddenly say to the vendor ahjumma, and I looked at him with a surprised expression.

"Mwo?!" The question slipped out from my lips, but it had no effect on the smiling man beside me. As the object was now placed on my hand, I heard the vendor ahjumma say something.

"Young man, it's very nice that you buy things for your yeojachingu." She said, and my eyes widened in shock.

The vendor actually thought that I was JongHyun Oppa's girlfriend.

"Ah, kamsahamnida." He said, before taking our leave. We continued walking down the street. A silence took over us as our steps quickened.

"I think I'm getting hungry already." He said, before placing the plastic bag he held in his left hand. I did the same as the plastic bag I brought was on my right.

"Come on, ShiRin-ah. I wanna have lunch now." He said before once more holding my hand and running.

What's different this time is that I wasn't dragged any longer. I was running now on my own free will.

And my fingers are now interlaced with JongHyun Sunbae's.

= = =
12: 20 P.M.
ShiRin's Apartment


"Thanks for the lunch, ShiRin-ah. And thanks again for coming with me. I hope we can get together like this even after you debut." He told me, and I just smiled.

"It's no problem, Oppa. I had fun anyways." I told him, which made him smile as well.

He was prepared to go already when a sudden "Ah!" escaped his lips. I wondered why this was so, my curiosity growing as he went back to my dinner table and got a key with a golden keychain.

"I'll be going back to the dorm first so that I could change clothes, then I'll be heading off to the concert venue. The others already need me. I forgot the key on your dinner table." He said, and with a nod, I bade him goodbye.

But out of the blue, warm contact was felt on my cheek and I saw what the keychain of JongHyun Oppa's dorm key looks like.

"Bye, ShiRin-ah." He said one last time before turning off on his heels and dashing away, his black pouch bag in hand.

A smile crawled on my lips as I touched my cheek and closed my eyes, remembering what JongHyun Oppa's keychain looked like.

"So, that's why he bought the silver one for me. He had a gold version for himself." I said, and as a chuckle escaped my lips, I closed the door and looked at the keys that are hung near my door, my house key with the keychain JongHyun Oppa bought for me.

Not long after his leave, ringing was heard all throughout the house.

It's my cellphone. I quickly looked at the message. It's from him.

From: JongHyun Oppa       ;]

JaeLi Sunbae-nim called me just now.
She said your rehearsal today and tomorrow is cancelled.
She's requiring you to go to our concert, as well.
Dress up nicely, she said you'll be her official guest. =]
Go to the Olympic Stadium quickly. We'll be waiting. <3