Chapter 15

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

I think posting this has been way overdue. x]

So, now I'll give you the behind-the-scenes look of Selene's "When It Was Me" video.

By the way, this will be divided into about 3-4 parts, so here's part 1. =]

I couldn't find a real version of the song on youtube. So, I guess I'll settle for the instrumentals. x]

"When It Was Me" by Paula DeAnda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTLpuDUzC3c

= = =

"Are you serious, HeeSung-ah?! You better not be joking about this..." I threatened my manager, who was now trying to control her laughs.

"It's true. I thought you'd be really happy since you could finally have some alone time with your third bias in SHINee..." She trailed off, before chuckling as she increased the distance between her, me, and JongHyun Sunbae.

Wait.

Did she just reveal that JongHyun Sunbae was my third bias in SHINee?!

I quickly looked behind me to find a widely-smiling JongHyun Sunbae. Oh dear. He heard.

"So, I'm your third bias, huh?" He asked smugly as he went beside me and took my hand in his. My eyes grew big at his action.

"Yeah. You are. But you're not the first." I told him, slightly expecting for him to somehow change face and be discouraged somehow. But he never felt that way.

Instead, he even laced his fingers with mine and went in front of me, using an index finger from his other hand to lift my chin, making me look at him.

"But I'm still in your list. I'm contented with that." He said in a low tone, and as I looked into his eyes, I saw a playful, mischevious twinkle that would only show when he's tripping or playing around.

Don't think I didn't see that, Sunbae.

"Wow. You're rehearsing early for the video shoot. How's the practice going?" I asked him deadpan and I can't help but laugh at his surprised expression.

"How did you see through me?!" He exclaimed, and I continued to laugh before momentarily pausing, so that I could answer.

"Well, Sunbae. I told you. When I'm sure of something, it becomes the truth. Back then, I was sure of everything." I told him, and I smiled as I saw him smirk.

"But, is it convincing enough? I'm pretty nervous. This is my first time acting in a video alone, you know. I wanna make sure I'm good." He told me, finally snapping out of his act, and I could only smile some more at his attitude.

"It's good already, Sunbae. No need to worry about it so much. You'll do fine." I said as he looked at me.

"Promise?" JongHyun Sunbae asked softly, and I nodded.

"Come on, I think the director is looking for you already. Let's go." He told me, and I nodded once before letting him lead me away.

Truthfully though, Sunbae. If I didn't look into your eyes earlier...

...I might've believed it.

Good thing I've always stood by myself as a constant reminder.

Never be sidetracked.

Because if I didn't, I'd probably be in love with you by now.


= = =

"Annyeonghaseyo, Selene-sshi." The staff greeted me as I finally got to where the area to filmed was. JongHyun Sunbae was beside me, our pinkies together. JongHyun Sunbae and I momentarily looked at each other and smiled a little bit before going to the director.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I greeted him, and I smiled as he nodded.

"So, I guess you now know that JongHyun-sshi right here..." He began, motioning to JongHyun Sunbae.

"...will be your partner. I chose him because the character would fit his personality perfectly. Fans might complain, but I promise the both of you that I'll take responsibility for it. Now, I see that you're in your dress, Selene-sshi. JongHyun-sshi has yet to change, and because of that, I'll request you to move along now, JongHyun-sshi. I'll be taking care of Selene-sshi's scenes first." The director rattled on, which earned him a nod from JongHyun Sunbae. He turned around to leave already when an unexpected sentence stopped him.

"Oh, and JongHyun-sshi, don't worry about your sweet scenes with Selene-sshi. Just imagine that she's SeKyung-sshi."

I quickly turned to where JongHyun Sunbae was, face drained of all color, and expression containing a mixture of hurt and blankness.

Before anyone would be cognizant of what was happening, I answered for my Sunbae.

"Yes, sir. But, I still have to say a few words to Jonghyun Sunbae. Excuse us for a minute, please."

I quickly took him by the hand and towed him away to where the river and the land meet. I kept silent for the sound of the water to somehow calm my Sunbae down.

"You know, you can choose not to follow a director's orders..." I began, and I looked at him as I felt him lace his fingers with mine.

"Yeah. I know. It's just that... I'm still not used to the fact that the people around me still don't know about the break-up." He said, and I can't help but sigh as I saw him look at the river.

As I gazed at Sunbae right now, I can't help but make him face me...

...and take his face into my hands.

"Sunbae. You don't need to imagine that I'm SeKyung-sshi. You don't need to imagine I'm anybody else... but me. Act like you're with me, and I promise you, you'll do fine. Okay?" I told him, smiling as I felt him nod.

"So, go and change clothes. I'll be filming first. When you're done, smile and make them feel like nothing like this happened earlier, okay?" I asked him, and as he smiled, I let go of his face and pushed him gently, signalling him to go.

But after a couple of pushes, he took a hold of my right hand and pulled me close to him.

"Selene-ah, I'm planning to make everything official. I'm gonna ask SME to tell the whole world about this...this fiasco. Maybe this January or something..." He trailed off, and I took this chance to once again make him face me.

"You don't have to think of her right now. Just think of not messing up right now, instead of other things. Remember, in this MV, I'm going to be your SeKyung-sshi. So, act well, okay?" I told him, and I almost gasped at what he did next.

He suddenly pulled me close again, pressing his forehead gently against mine, closing his eyes and whispering.

"Nope. You're not gonna be my SeKyung-sshi. I'm gonna be your JongHyun-ah."

My heart truthfully stopped.

I didn't know how to react for a second... until I came to a conclusion.

He's playing again.

"Sunbae, stop making people raise eyebrows because of how good your acting is. Now go!" I exclaimed as I pushed him harder than last time, laughing as he playfully snapped his fingers, followed by a soft "Oh man, why can you see straight through me?" before walking away.

Oh, JongHyun Sunbae. You act a little bit TOO well...

= = =

"Okay, so here's how we do it. The scenes that you're gonna be doing are the close-ups of you singing, and your sad moments. In this scene right here, you're reminiscing the times you and JongHyun-sshi were hanging around, still together. You're singing, then face the camera and sing with emotion. Just remember, go back to the song interpretation for your acting." The director discussed my final individual scene to me, and I nodded my head as an agreement. When the instructions were throughly laid out, I was requested to go to the side of the river.

"Okay, four, three, two, one. Action!"

"I'm not jealous, no I'm not. I just want everything she's got..."

I began to sing my parts, as the bridge of the song came on. I was looking at the river, trying to plan what I'm gonna do in my head, imagining the possible story behind every look I'm giving.

JongHyun Sunbae and I used to talk with each other, saying sweet words here. But now, I come here alone. He would usually spin me around and catch me before I fall. We would look each other in the eye, and press our foreheads together. He would tell me that he loves me, and I'd always smile. But now, everything's lost. He isn't in my arms anymore.

Okay, sounds like a good storyline for something quickly thought of. Now, it's time to put it into action.

"Nothing about me has changed, that's why I'm here, wondering..."

I looked to the camera when I heard the director's instruction to face the object. Just then, I saw JongHyun Sunbae, standing near the camera, his face serious.

Like he's being hit by the song.

He had both of his hands in the pocket of his slacks, like he doesn't know how to react to whatever I'm singing. I tried to resist the urge of asking him why he looked so pensive. After all, the camera's still rolling.

"Okay. That's it. Thank you. Selene-sshi. Let's move on to the next scene."

The instruction of the director snapped me from my thoughts as he led JongHyun Sunbae to my side.

"Selene-sshi, the looks you gave were perfect. If it's fine with you, do you have a storyline in your head while you were acting earlier?" He asked me, and I smiled before giving out my answer.

"Yes, sir. The storyline I created earlier was pretty much like 'Before, he and I used to hang around here. He and I would usually talk here in this exact spot. He had a habit of spinning me around and catching me before I fall. We would look each other in the eye and press our foreheads together. And I would smile when he says that he loves me. But now, everything's gone'." I said, recalling how I imagined the storyline, and I noticed the director began to smile more and more as I continued talking.

"That's exactly what I was thinking when I created this. Now, I need you JongHyun-sshi..." He said, now turning to JongHyun Sunbae.

"...to do exactly as she imagined the storyline would be like. Don't worry, your voices won't be recorded, so you two can give instructions to each other. Just make sure that you make it look like a normal conversation rather than giving instruction." The director said, and I looked at JongHyun Sunbae as he nodded.

"Can we also add some tricks of our own?" JongHyun Sunbae suddenly asked, and with that, the director turned to me for confirmation. I just nodded.

"Okay then, let's try this scene out." He said, and as we both heard the "ACTION!"...

...it was like JongHyun Sunbae became a person I didn't know.

He pulled me close to him and using his left hand, he trailed it across my face. My eyes grew big at this, but the moment he whispered "Act with me." I knew what to do.

I playfully pushed him away, but he pulled me even closer to his figure, making me wrap my arms around his neck. He took the hand from his nape and brought it to his lips slowly, keeping his eyes on me as he did it. I can only smile and bite my lower lip.

"I'll spin you around now, okay?" He told me, and I smiled as a silent "Yes."

He quickly took me by the hand and spun me around. When I got a chance to face him, he stopped me by catching me as I fall, holding me to his chest.

He then pressed his forehead against mine, closed his eyes, and just like what happened earlier, he spoke.

"I love you, Selene-ah."

Right now, I knew that he did this for the sake of the filming, so I replied.

"Yep. Me too. But our voices won't be recorded. So stop the wordplay." I told him, which made him release me, laughing again, before saying a soft "Why can't I outwit you for once?" before taking my hand and leading me to walk beside him.

"Okay, that's it! Thank you very much, everybody! We'll be taking a rest for the remaining time today, since I know everyone is still feeling the discomfort because of the sun. We'll take our lunch now and let's go to the second spot of filming at 5 as the sun looks perfect while setting. Okay, I'll be temporarily dismissing you now." The director said calling for a break.

As the people began to fix everything up, JongHyun Sunbae and I remained standing where we both were while filming, his hand not leaving mine.

"Hey, can you ride with me and HeeSung Sunbae later in her van? She's been asking me to offer you." JongHyun Sunbae asked me, but as I looked at the two remaining SHINee members approaching, I began to have doubts.

"Selene-ah, we have to go. Manager Hyung had been called back by SME for an urgent meeting. I'll just leave you with Jjong-ah, is it okay?" Onew Sunbae asked, and as I saw JongHyun Sunbae nod, I knew everything was going to be fine.

"Okay, we'll be going ahead, Noona. I hope I could have a chance of acting lovey-dovey with you like Hyung-ah. I'm jealous." TaeMin-ah joked with me as he bade me goodbye. I just laughed before saying "Don't worry. We'll be lovey-dovey on the dance floor..." to a retreating TaeMin-ah.

"So, shall we go?" JongHyun Sunbae asked me as he held out his hand. I looked at him first, before looking at his hand. I took it, and I smiled as he laced his fingers with mine once more.

"Come on, we'll sit in the back." He told me as he tugged my arm, motioning me to run, our laughs resounding as our legs picked up pace.

Gosh, if I wasn't so protective of myself, I swear, JongHyun Sunbae...

...I would be madly in love with you by now.