Chapter 47: Analysis

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

I update again! =]

So, after this chapter, I'll probably be shifting points of view already. Since it IS a JongHyun Scandal, it should also show the side of the name involved, right? x]

So, here it is. With the title of analysis due to the detailed look at what happened to ShiRin present in this chapter.

Please comment and subscribe. I'll be replying to your comments probably on my next update. =]

Enjoy! <3

= = =

April 4, 2011
KBS Studio
Duration of Music Bank - Selene's Performance


Beep. Beep. Beep-Beep.

"Omo. It's a call." Park HeeSung exclaimed as she heard her phone ring, and she immediately answered it, despite the call coming from an unknown number.

"Yobosaeyo?" She said into the object, but the response couldn't be heard properly.

Probably because everytime Music Bank Airs, the KBS Studio activates some kind of Signal Jammers, so cellphones couldn't call or text properly.

HeeSung began walking out of Selene's dressing room to the corridor near a window for better network coverage, and she tried to talk to the voice again.

"Yobosaeyo? Nuguseyo?" She asked, finally hearing better, but all she heard from the other line was a soft, yet low laugh. It was beginning to freak her out, so she asked who the person was again, but the line clicked dead.

"It must be some prank call or something." She said out loud before placing the phone inside her pocket. She looked around the area, realizing that she was pretty distant from the dressing room. She began to worry about Selene, because she hasn't left any message for her on her phone. She had already decided to go back to the dressing room when she heard a familiar voice.

"HeeSung Sunbae!"

She turned around to find Kim JongHyun of SHINee walking towards her. She smiled at the male and asked what he was there for.

"Oh. Well, I'm here to visit Rin-ah, and I wanted to ask her about any updates whatsoever regarding her anti. It has already been a week, hasn't it?" He asked, and the female nodded.

"Oh well, since you're here already, we better make our way to the dressing room quick. I don't have a good feeling right now if ever ShiRin-ah is left inside all by herself." She said, and with a nod from JongHyun, the two began their walk back.

But as they began to approach the dressing room, the eyes of the two immediately widened as they broke out into a run.

Somebody screamed. And the sound wasn't just normal shouting. It's a desperate scream. Only one thought coursed through their minds, and they knew they needed to act fast.

"Help!"

ShiRin.

= = = Chapter Soundtrack: SCAR: SHINee = = =
April 4, 2011
SeonJim Hospital - Seoul
8:58 P.M.


"Jjong Hyung!" Lee TaeMin shouted as he finally got to the emergency room of one of the most prestigious hospitals in Seoul, which was conveniently near the KBS Studio. He, and the other three SHINee members rushed to the place straight from practice upon learning the Selene was rushed there.

MinHo immediately knelt in front of the suffering member and placed his hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. But based on the stillness he presented, he was nowhere close to calming down.

"JongHyun-ah, what happened?" Onew asked as he sat down beside the band's lead vocal, who had his head in hands, close to breaking down.

"I don't know yet. But HeeSung Sunbae had a possible cause for it." JongHyun said, raising his head from his hands, revealing to the other four members his tear-streaked face.

Key immediately sat on the other side of JongHyun, worried yet curious for the theory their Sunbae had.

"What is it?" He asked him, and with a sigh he began saying what the events leading to the formation of theory were.

"Well, after we rushed Rin-ah here to the hospital, HeeSung Sunbae called the police and went back to the studios. They tried to investigate and get as much information as they can without disrupting the airing of Music Bank that time. When airing was over, they went back here. She told me that someone had poured a chemical in Rin-ah's drink..." He began to say, stopping as tears clouded his vision.

"Alright, go on..." Key encouraged his 'yeobo' in SHINee to continue, and he did.

"The serious thing here is that the chemical in the drink was the primary chemical in making super glue. This already bothered HeeSung Sunbae because this wasn't the first time that the chemical was mixed in someone else's drink. Another person had already been reported to be victimized by this, and that person is also a celebrity." He said, and at this, the SHINee members began to look at each other, wondering who the mystery person is.

A figure approached them, who suddenly spoke and answered the silent question in the minds of the four members.

"Yes, and it's me."

"YunHo Hyung, since when were you here?" TaeMin asked the older male in front of him, and as a reply, he raised his 10 fingers.

"10 minutes?" Asked MinHo, which earned him a nod from the DBSK leader.

"Yep. I immediately rushed here when I received a call from HeeSung-ah asking help about what she should do for ShiRin-ah, since I already experienced this. I escorted the poor girl back to ShiRin-ah's apartment so that she could get some clothes for the both of them." He said, and after his statement, the red light in the emergency room turned off.

"Who is the relative of Miss Selene here? I need to talk to that person in my office." The doctor said, and the 6 males looked at each other, wondering who'd take charge. YunHo decided that it would be him, but even before he could speak, JongHyun already beat him to it.

"Her manager isn't here, but she left the responsibility to me while she isn't around. I'll be the one to go in her place." He said as he stood up from his sitting position, and YunHo went beside him before adding a few more lines.

"Yes, and since I already experienced this situation, perhaps I could help in distinguishing if there are other damages to ShiRin-ah." He said, and with a nod from the doctor, the men followed him to his office.

Now left alone, the 4 SHINee members sat beside each other, their faces tense, worried, and... furious.

TaeMin was sitting with his legs slightly apart, resting his arms on his knees. His angry gaze was directed towards the floor, and if only the floor could scream, it would have already lost its voice with too much shouting.

MinHo let his palm and clenched fist meet in a punch, the sound echoing in the silent emergency room corridor. His mind was running with hundreds of hideous thoughts, and it all centered around making the person who did this to his close friend suffer.

Onew, with a first glance at him, would look like he's calm about the situation, but he isn't. He was leaned back on the backrest of the hospital chairs with his eyes closed. But his jaws were clenched tightly, and his body was shaking, raw evidence of his rage to whoever hurt his dongsaeng.

Key was no different from the rest of s. He was sitting on the chairs with both of his fists clenched and his gaze directed straight at the wall. Tears were flowing down his cheeks, and his breathing was uneven. He knew it in himself that if he doesn't calm down soon, he might beak something.

All of their expressions meant the same. They were no longer idols, nor were they angels. Their faces radiated a fearful aura, and a silent threat was in their features. It was because once these men know whoever did this cruel thing to their close friend, they would immediately lose their sanity and kill that person. Even the nurses who were standing a distance away from the four men got shivers down their spine as they gazed at the celebrities.

They wouldn't dare approach these idols for a picture or autograph in this state. They might be bruised and beaten to a pulp if they do so.

= = =
April 4, 2011
SeonJim Hospital - Doctor's Office
9:05 P.M.


"So, you're saying that what was done to ShiRin-ah was worse off than what happened to me?" YunHo asked the doctor, which earned him a nod for the expert.

"It seems so. When you had the attack from an anti-fan, I myself made an analysis of the super glue poured in your drink. Yours was actually lower than the dosage of the chemical applied to Ms. Selene. What's more is that yours was already 48% milder when it was placed in the drink. Pure chemicals were placed in hers." The doctor explained, and the two men nodded as they took the information in.

"So it means, whatever happened to me happened perhaps twice as hard on her?" YunHo once more asked, and again, the doctor nodded.

JongHyun was dangerously quiet as YunHo and the doctor talked. His mind was whirling with thoughts, and possibilities.

He had to know who did this to Selene. He HAD to find out. Especially after hearing what his HeeSung Sunbae told him before she left.

"JongHyun-ah, I think it's not just ShiRin-ah who's involved in this. If my analysis of the whole situation is correct, you're more involved here than you think. I'm pretty sure that it's not you who poured the chemical in her drink. But perhaps the culprit in this case is someone you know. I need you to look back at the people you have had a dispute with, or someone you had a conflict within the past month. Knowing a few of those people would be beneficial for us to find leads on who this monster is for ruining ShiRin-ah."

He closed his eyes and let his thoughts roam. He hadn't been involved with fights with anyone. The only one he actually fought with was Key. But he's pretty sure that wouldn't do that, especially if Key loves ShiRin as much as he does. There has to be another person.

His mind breezed through faces of different people, the faces of his hyungs in SME, his friends, his family members, his co-artists.

His mind's sight continued to scan the faces of the different people he met and talked with... until it landed on one.