Chapter 51: What Happened On His Birthday

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

Hey-yah! =] <3

I'm gonna update again! Ahihihi. x]

Anyone noticed that only ONE day had passed since I updated? I updated last Saturday, and it's already Monday here. ;]

So yeah, it's because I'll be busy this week, so I won't be able to be around until about... Saturday.

So that would be about... three days before I could update again.

Sad, isn't it? ;[

But don't be. I'll be leaving you guys with another one of my TOP 3 CHAPTERS in this whole fic,

 

Comment Replies:

kprincess1995 - Haha. It's nice that you think that JongHyun-sshi's sweet now. It's been a real character change for him after he got with ShiRin-sshi, don't you think so? x] You wish that ShiRin-sshi would say yes? Well, let's see if you get your wish today. =] Have fun reading.

imkeysyeobo - Truthfully, when I typed in JongHyun-sshi's message in the previous chapter, I couldn't think straight for about a minute or so. I don't know, it was like a lot of emotions were pent up in those words, it was powerful enough to overpower me, the one writing. x]] I'm glad you saw through the "she's-leaving-but-with-a-catch" part. You really are perceptive. Happy reading. =]

 

Oh yeah. Before I forget.

WARNING: Be prepared for a cheese and sugar overload for this and the next chapter.

 

Let's take a look at what happened when JongHyun-sshi turned a year older.

You ready?

 

Enjoy. =]

= = = = = = = =

April 8, 2011
Park HeeSung's Apartment
7:15 A.M.


"ShiRin-ah, can you pass me that bag there, please?" HeeSung-ah asked me as I sat on her bed with my legs crossed. I took the bag she was pointing out to, which was just a little distance behind me, then gave it to her.

"Gomawo." She said, holding some toiletries of hers as she went out of the bathroom and laying them down on the floor, before placing her pile of blouses inside the bag. I just stared at her as she carefully slid the items in, giving attention to how it would all fit without looking too bulky. I smiled at my 'cousin' a little. She ALWAYS gets into detail.

"Yah, ShiRin-ah. Are you sure you've packed enough for the trip tomorrow? Remember, we're gonna stay there for about a month, at the least." She reminded me, and I nodded.

"It's no problem. Don't worry. I still have spare clothes in my Japan apartment anyways..." I told her, my smile fading, before looking at my phone.

It was a picture of JongHyun Oppa and I, which I took while we were in the dressing room, the day before I experienced all of these unfortunate events. We were smiling at the camera like there weren't any problems at all, and looking at that, it made me smile a little again as well.

"Ei, I think you better get going..." HeeSung-ah suddenly murmured, and as reply, I looked at her in confusion and asked why.

"Well... JongHyun-sshi told me that he wanted to spend the morning with you, since he's pretty sure that the SHINee members will be doing something to him involving their fans later on in the afternoon." She said, and with that, I chuckled before getting out of her bed and wearing my heels.

I haven't worn heels very often outside, even though I usually wear it on stage for some reason. But since it's JongHyun Oppa's special day, I guess I could remodel myself today.

"Arasso. I'll be heading off now." I cheerfully said to my smiling manager while walking out of her apartment.

As I opened it though, I wasn't expecting to be greeted by him who I should be meeting.

"YAH! JongHyun Oppa! You scared me!"

= = =
Chapter Soundtrack: Love's Way - SHINee

April 8, 2011
Seoul Iris Garden
8:00 A.M.


Sigh.

It was what escaped JongHyun Oppa's lips as we walked together in the botanical garden. I looked at him with a curious expression, and he answered me with a shake of his head.

"It's nothing. It's just that..." He began, and with a nod, I urged him to continue.

"It's just that I feel really really happy right now. It just... somehow feels right walking with you like this." He told me and I chuckled, beginning to walk faster.

"Oi! Don't you DARE think of leaving me behind!" He exclaimed as he picked up his pace too. My chuckles intensified to laughs as I began to run in my heels, just like how I did last December. I heard JongHyun Oppa's steps just behind me, and not long after, I felt his arms around me.

"Gotcha." He whispered to my ear, to which I giggled. He, then, took my hand and laced my fingers with his and began to walk with me again.

"You know, ever since I woke up in the dorm today, all I could think about was spending the morning with you. No stalkers, no paparazzi, no cameras. Just purely you and me..." He softly told me, and I just breathed deeply, listening to his next words.

"I thought about the place where I could bring you without that much publicity, and I figured that this place could be it. There's not much people here today, and even if people see us, they won't easily recognize us since we're on disguise." He continued, and I nodded.

"You thought of this very well, huh?" I asked him, and he smiled at me before replying with a soft "Yep."

"But why even PLAN this? I mean, it should be SHINee and me, planning a birthday bash for you. Not you taking time to see me..." I began, but even before I was through, he held a finger to my lips.

"But no matter what, it's still MY birthday we're talking about. I think I have the right to spend it how I want to. And I want to spend it with you." He told me, and I offered no contentions any longer. I just let him take me where he wanted to go.

While looking at the Yellow Irises we came across, I leaned my head closer to the flower. The next moment, I felt a soft touch on my left cheek, and not knowing what it is, I turned my head to its direction.

And I felt JongHyun Oppa's lips on mine.

I immediately pulled myself away from the closeness we had, my cheeks inevitably turning pink. I walked away from him and diverted all my attention to the other irises around me, willing myself to focus more on the flowers than the brief contact I had with JongHyun Oppa.

"You're blushing."

With the sound of his voice, I looked at him. He wasn't questioning me or anything. He just stated what he saw, a fact. But the way he looked at me while saying it...

...it made me want to either run away or melt.

He had a small smirk on his face as he began closing the distance between us. I catiously looked around me, making sure there weren't many people.

"Yah. You like it, don't you?" JongHyun Oppa asked me again, teasingly, this time in a low, husky voice. It was shockingly different from how he usually spoke to me.

His tone right now is almost... seductive.

I tried to move, but I felt like I was rooted to the ground. I couldn't find it in myself to move, even as JongHyun Oppa finally reached me and wrapped both his arms around my waist.

He pulled me closer to him, and our eyes met.

"Tell me. You DID like it, didn't you?" He asked once more, softer, and I just couldn't reply as my gaze was still fixed on his face.

What the heck is it about this day that made him much, MUCH more good-looking than usual?!

"I knew it."

And without any more words being exchanged, he brought our lips together once more.

He held me tighter in his arms and I found myself surrendering to him somewhat. I don't know what the heck is happening, but I knew it in myself that I liked it.

He released me not long afterwards and asked me a question that immediately brought me back to reality.

"Do you love me, Rin-ah?"

= = =

"M-M-Mwo?" I stuttered as I pushed him away from me. I was shocked that he'd ask that now.

"I'm asking you if you love me. I already told you that your answer to that question is what I want on my birthday. Answer me." He asked me again, his face expectant.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came out. I had been so shell-shocked with his question, that even though I knew it was bound to be asked, it took me off guard. I scrambled to compose a proper sentence and answer him back, but my mind couldn't properly conjure even a word.

"Uhm... It's fine even if you don't answer now. I think I caught you off-guard. Mianhae." JongHyun Oppa said in a sad tone, his faced wiped off of every expectation and thought. He just backed away from me and began walking away.

That moment...

At that exact moment...

Everything in my mind clicked in to place...

And I shouted...

"Saranghae Oppa!"

Three seconds flat, I felt myself being lifted into the air and being spun around. Laughter began erupting from JongHyun Oppa's frame, and as I felt myself drowning in the sound, I released my own laughs as well.

"Assa!"

He exclaimed before bringing me down again to the ground. He crushed me to his chest, and locked me in his arms.

I couldn't believe it. He even exclaimed 'Yeah' in korean just because I said I love him?

"I knew it. I knew it. I knew it." He repeatedly whispered to my ear as he continued to embrace me. I gently withdrew before asking him.

"What do you mean 'you knew it'?"

He just leaned to my ear again before whispering.

"I heard you say you love me while you were asleep two days ago."

I immediately realized what REALLY happened two days ago, while JongHyun Oppa and I were together in my apartment.

I thought that the "I love you" that I replied to was just in the dream I had. I never thought that it was actually JongHyun Oppa saying it to me.

And what's more... I thought I only replied to it in my mind.

"I actually said it out loud?!" I screeched, embarrassment seeping into my veins.

My gosh! I sleep-talk?!

But as a reply, JongHyun Oppa just took my hand and tugged me again to walk around the garden.

"But I liked it better when you said it personally just now."

= = =
April 8, 2011
SHINee's Dorm
11:50 A.M.


"I'm really sorry that I had to go. I already got a hunch that the other members are gonna do something with the fans for my birthday, and I guess it's going to be a little while after lunch." JongHyun Oppa murmured to me as we stood on the door of the SHINee dorm. I just nodded in understanding.

"It's okay, Oppa. I know..." I told him as I tightened my hold on his hand. He just smiled shyly at me before getting his phone and calling someone. Even as the phone call started, he never released my hand.

"Hyung, I'm at the dorm already....Yeah. I'm gonna ask you a favor...Yep...Could you my girlfriend back to her apartment?...Neh..Neh...Arasso....Gomawo, Hyung....Later."

My eyes widened as he said the words 'my girlfirend back to her apartment' because he was looking at me the entire time. After ending the call, he placed a kiss on my cheek before speaking.

"Our manager will be escorting you back to your home. Take care, arasso? I'll text you after the fan party."

After five minutes, SHINee's manager arrived at their dorm and brought me back to my apartment, and he did so with a smile.

The moment I got back to my room, my phone rang.

Ah. A text message.

From: Jjong Oppa <3

Ei, baby. I'm leaving w/ the others now.
Going to SME. Talk 2 ya later. Saranghae. <3


I looked at my bed, and there laid a small velvet box. Opening it, my eyes widened.

"Why is it that that it feels like I'm the one having a birthday instead of you?" I can't help but ask rhetorically as I looked on at what the box contained.

Inside was a silver bracelet, and a note was there, too.

I can call you 'Mine' now, right?
If I can, then...
Let me be the one to put this band on you.
Tomorrow, before you leave.
So that you'll be chained to me, and me alone.

- Your JongHyun