Chapter 53: The Twist

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

Aigooo! Because of my busy schedule, I had not had time to update.

But today, I will. =]

 

And guess what guys... it's gonna be a double update today! <333333

Because I missed posting chapters a lot, so I wanna treat you to something nice today. =]

 

I don't mind if you guys comment or not, but I would REALLY like it if you do. Just saying. ;]

And since, we're on the subject of comments: COMMENT REPLIES! x]

imkeysyeobo: Now, my dear, THIS is where our thoughts diverge. x] I was scared thinking that you might see through things again, but I must say, sadly, that you're quite wrong this time. You shall know why in my double update today. =]

 

NOW. IT'S TIME TO REVEAL WHAT THE TITLE FOR THIS [ and the second half of my double update ] MEANS.

Why the twist? Because starting this chapter, everything will be turning to the darker.

You shall understand why... when you read it of course.

 

WARNING: The following chapter shall be leaning towards the sad and fearful. Be prepared for whatever you'll read.

 

Brace yourselves.

 

= = = =

April 9, 2011
Incheon Airport - Seoul
04:20 A.M.


Sigh.

I sighed as I saw the plane take off from the distance. She's really leaving now.

I looked at the black velvet box in my hand, the same container of my love's bracelet. I opened it and slowly peeled off the interior cover, seeing another chain tucked inside. I smiled as I wore it, admiring the way it loosely encircled my wrist.

Rin-ah really didn't think that this was actually a couple bracelet, huh?

I once more looked at the scenery of the runway through the windows, and I felt myself breathe out another sigh. In about a month, I'd be riding on a plane myself too, going to the same country that my baby girl left for just now.

Aegi-yah, we'll see each other again, soon enough...

The sudden vibration of my phone surprised me and almost made me jump, even inside the busy Incheon airport. I quickly looked at ID and answered the call.

"Jjong-Hyung, SooMan Sajang-nim wants you back at SME. He said that he already has the videos of the security cameras in the KBS Studio, and wants you to take a look at it..." The familiar voice said, and as agreement, I let out successive murmurs of "Hmm..." and "Uh-huh."

As he continued talking, I began to walk towards the exit, momentarily smiling and waving at the guards before going out completely. I held my phone, still, to my ear as I continued my way to the airport's parking lot. Reaching my car, I immediately unlocked my door and got inside the vehicle. Starting the engine to life, I huffed a breath before speaking again to my cellphone.

"I'll be right there, Taem-ah. Tell Sajang-nim that I'm on my way. Komawo."

= = = Chapter Soundtrack: Why I Like You - Super Junior = = =
April 9, 2011
SME Building - Conference Room
04:40 A.M.


"Finally..."

I heard SooMan Sajang-nim say as I entered the conference room, seeing that all four of my members were there already. MinHo-yah was sitting beside Onew Hyung, with Key-ah sitting across the other rapper and TaeMin-ah beside him. SooMan Sajang-nim had his laptop in front of him, and as he diverted his eyes from the screen to my standing figure, he motioned for me to sit in beisde TaeMin-ah. I did.

"So, late last night, I finally persuaded KBS to allow us to get the footage from all the cameras in the first and second floor, where the studio for Music Bank is, including all the dressing rooms and other stuff." Sjang-nim began, and I nodded in understanding.

"Which would you want us to start looking at?" He asked all of us, to which Onew Hyung replied.

"Maybe it's best if we start looking at the footage in ShiRin-ah's dressing room."

MinHo-yah nodded, looking very serious. "It might be the starting point we need to find out who this monster is."

"All right then. Here. This the footage starting from 10 minutes before Selene-ah enters the dressing room." Sajang-nim said, before pressing a few buttons on his laptop and turning it around for us to see.

The scene revealed a barely-empty rehearsal room, which we all assumed as Rin-ah's dressing room. HeeSung Sunbae was there, fixing her stuff and Rin-ah's wardrobe, but nobody else was there beside her. She was practically running around in the small space, making sure that everything was alright and organized.

But then, after about 6 minutes since HeeSung Sunbae began fixing things up in the room, she held out her hand where her cellphone was placed. She placed it to her ear, and asked who the person is. But it seems she couldn't understand the one talking, because she then exited the dressing room, her phone still to her ear.

Not even 20 seconds have passed when an unfamiliar figure sneakily entered the dressing room. The person was dressed very casually, and it was confusing enough for us to think twice of whether it is a he or she that entered. That person had a grape juice in hand, along with a blank piece of paper. Placing the drink on the dressing room table, he or she went to the adjacent table and began writing. Afterwards, the note was placed near the bottle of grape juice.

For one last time, the person looked around the dressing room, and even to the ceiling where the camera was, before----

"Chamshimanyo!"

We all snapped our heads to TaeMin-ah who suddenly shouted for us to wait. At the sound, SooMan Sajang-nim immediately paused the footage.

"What is it, TaeMin-ah?" Key-ah asked the maknae, who was now on his feet, with both of his hands slammed on the table. He was beginning to look hyperly worried, and his eyes were constantly shifting to look at different directions, like he was trying to ransack his brain for a thought.

"It's a girl."

"The one who placed the poisoned drink in Noona's dressing room, she's a girl." He continued, to which all of us stared at him in confusion and curiosity.

"Is it really a girl, TaeMin-ah? Are you certain?" SooMan Sajang-nim asked in a serious tone. TaeMin-ah replied confidently to the questions.

"It's a girl, I'm sure of it."

"How can you be confident to say that it is a girl and not a boy?" I suddenly asked, and it looked like everyone else had the same question lagging in our minds for TaeMin-ah answered not long after. The maknae replied in stuttered sentences, obvious evidences of his unease.

"It's because I... I think... I recognize her."

= = =
April 4, 2011
KBS Studio Building - Lobby
Duration of Music Bank - Selene's Performance


"Hyung, you sure you'll be fine going up on your own?" TaeMin asked JongHyun, who just nodded and ruffled the former's hair. The younger male just smiled.

"Then, be careful, Hyung. Say hello to the two Noonas for me." The lead dancer told the now walking JongHyun before turning around to leave.

But one thing caught his attention. It was a girl, dressed similar to a guy, exiting the special passage used by idols when they navigate inside the studios. She didn't look like any celebrity he knew, or have seen before, which caused him to raise an eyebrow at this.

The girl was wiping her hands vigorously with a damp hand towel. He was about to dismiss it when he saw some 'burn marks' appearing on her skin, on the part where she was rubbing the cloth on. It surprisingly looked like 'burn marks' one would get when exposed to super glue for too long a time. The girl then threw the damp cloth to the waste bin just across the front desk.

TaeMin looked at the girl, his eyes lagging on her hands, which reached out to her head, fixing her hair. Not noticing the celebrity staring at her, she just huffed a breath before completely exiting the building.

"TaeMin-ah! Ppali! Hurry! I thought you wanted to rest now...?" SHINee's manager called out from the van, and the SHINee member approached the vehicle.

Even if he was already on his way back to the dorm, and the view outside the van was very appeasing, he couldn't get his mind to calm down. He felt that something was wrong about that girl. He just couldn't put a finger on what that thing was.

"Ya, TaeMin-ah, what's wrong?" The manager asked him before dialling a number on his phone, and TaeMin just shook his head before leaning back and closing his eyes. Perhaps he just needed some sleep.

But his eyes snapped open when his manager suddenly exclaimed a loud "MWORAGO?!". After the call ended, the manager immediately whispered to the driver a set of directions leading to a hospital near the KBS Studios.

"Wae-yo, Hyung?" He worriedly asked the older male, who just breathed deeply before nodding.

"Something bad happened to ShiRin-sshi..." He began weakly.

At that moment, TaeMin felt like everything just crashed down on him.

It wasn't just a feeling, that thing he felt with the girl earlier.

It was the direct link.

= = =
April 9, 2011
SME Building - Conference Room
04:45 A.M.


"At first, I thought it was just nothing, and though it's hard, I brushed the thought aside. That's why I was still very very angry in the hospital. I never thought that what I saw that time ACTUALLY plays a huge part in the whole thing!" TaeMin-ah ended, and we all nodded in understanding.

"I see. So you know her, and you remember how she looks...?" SooMan Sajang-nim asked TaeMin-ah who just nodded.

"Well, I've just seen her once, so I'm not that sure if I remember the right face. But perhaps her hand burns would be a better hint in finding out a clue." TaeMin-ah said, to which Sajang-nim nodded at.

My eyes travelled to the figure of the girl in the now paused video, and my blood began to boil. She is a monster for doing this to my girl. To MY Rin-ah. She is a hideous creature who doesn't deserve to live. I tried to keep myself as calm as possible and asked that the video be continued.

About two minutes after the girl left, Rin-ah went inside and I couldn't help but stare at her. She looked so beautiful, considering that the footage from the security cameras are very clear. She really is an angel, inside and out.

I felt my breathing stop when Rin-ah opened the bottle and drank from it, and I heard myself gasping when she started clutching at , and then at her stomach in pain. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, and with a weak voice, I tried to speak.

"Stop the video, please..."

Not five seconds have passed when I felt hands smooth over my back, and familiar voices trying to soothe me from my tears.

"Jjong Hyung. It's going to be okay. I'm sure of it."

TaeMin-ah.

"Don't cry like this, JongHyun-ah. Be strong for ShiRin-ah, most especially."

Onew Hyung.

"JongHyun Hyung, we are all right here for you. Stop it already..."

MinHo-yah.

"Yeobo, just hold on to your remaining control. This fiasco isn't your fault."

Yeobo...

"I am just angry at myself because I could've done something for her. I could've SAVED her." I muttered, my fingers now pulling on my own hair.

"But you already DID save her, JongHyun-ah." Sajang-nim suddenly said, and we looked at him.

"You already did your part, JongHyun-ah. You were there when she needed you. It is not your fault." He continued, before asking all of my members to return to their seats.

= = =
April 9, 2011
ShiRin's Apartment - Japan
08:59 A.M.


"Yeobosaeyo? Oh. JongHyun-ah..." HeeSung answered her phone, stopping her momentarily from placing her bag of toilettries in ShiRin's bathroom.

"HeeSung Sunbae, our meeting with Sajang-nim has just finished. He told me to tell you that the investigation for Rin-ah's... assaulter will begin tomorrow. We already had a lead from TaeMin-ah." JongHyun's voice on the line began.

"I see. Alright then. We got here about an hour ago, and were both safe. Not many fans were at the airport too. A few, occasional pictures were given though, since some people recognized her before we got into the van. But other than that, it's fine. Tell Sajang-nim not to worry." She said, and a mumble of "Mhhmmm" was heard from the male.

"But, HeeSung Sunbae... How is she?" JongHyun suddenly asked, and at the question, HeeSung slipped inside ShiRin's room, seeing ShiRin looking on at her laptop, with tears in her eyes.

"HeeSung Sunbae...?" JongHyun asked her again after a few moments of silence.

HeeSung made a move to tell JongHyun what she's seeing when ShiRin raised a hand to stop her.

"Don't tell him that I'm like this, please." She whispered, and with a nod she replied to him.

"She's asleep... must be tired from everything that's happening."

"Arasso. Please tell her I called when she wakes up. Is it okay?" JongHyun asked her, to which she replied a soft "Neh."

"Okay. Gomawo, Sunbae." He said before hanging up. At the click of the line, HeeSung immediately rushed to ShiRin's side to soothe her from her tears... and her fears.

HeeSung looked at the open laptop the ShiRin had on her lap, while ShiRin continued to sob beside her. There was an message from an unfamilar and alarming source, and the message in it shocked her more than the e-mail address itself.

It caused HeeSung-ah to hold on to her 'cousin' tighter than ever, and to will it in herself to not give up on finding out who this monster is.

From: selenemustbekilled

Hah. You think you can get rid of me just by leaving Korea?
Oh no. I'm not gonna be brought down easily.
Too bad you didn't die last time.

I guess I could just try again to kill you?

Stay away from SeKyung Unnie's JongHyun.
Stay away from ShaWol's Bling-Bling.

You never belonged in his world anyways.

If you don't want to leave him, it's fine.

I'LL FORCE YOU TO.