Chapter 56: The Roller Coaster

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

It's the second part of my TRIPLE UPDATE! <33

Ever wondered why the title is like that? It's because it's going to be a roller coaster of events from this point forward. x]

Yep. =] And I have something to share.

 

Do you know that Jonghyun-sshi actually sings the name of the [fictional] one he loves in the song 'Quasimodo'?

Try to listen. Her name is there. Even sung by Jonghyun-sshi himself. x]

The second time Jonghyun-sshi sings...

 

And speaking of the song. That's the soundtrack for this chapter! =] <3

 

Here we go!

 

Brace yourselves...

 

= = = = 

-=- Chapter Soundtrack: SHINee - Quasimodo -=-

April 29, 2011
SHINee's Dorm
01:40 A.M.


"Stop, Hyung-ah, please..."

TaeMin was in tears as he tried to take the soju bottle from JongHyun's hands. His hyung was already drunk, yet he kept drinking. He had been crying since he got to the dorm, yet tears were still overflowing from his eyes.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" JongHyun shouted as he struggled against the younger male. But after a while, he stop struggling.

"I need her... Just her... No one else..." He murmured brokenly as tears rolled down his cheeks. He made no effort in brushing them away. TaeMin had already placed JongHyun's soju bottle on the kitchen counter, and with tears still in his eyes, he looked to the living room.

Key was there, sprawled on the couch, his own soju bottle empty in his right hand.

Tears were silently flowing down his eyes as well, though they were closed.

"Darn it. She really did change numbers..." He heard JongHyun say before seeing the older man throw his phone to the wall, not minding that his phone shattered into pieces.

"There's no use for a phone if you can't call the one you love."

TaeMin continued to their room, where he found MinHo asleep, probably sleeping the pain of ShiRin's departure away. His eyes widened when he saw Onew in a corner with his eyes closed and his hands clasped together tightly. He approached him, and his eyes widened even more as he heard his whispers.

"God, please. Give me the strength to control all my other members, especially Key-ah and JongHyun-ah. I don't know what to do anymore..."

= = =
April 30, 2011
SHINee's Dorm - JongHyun and MinHo's Room
01:29 P.M.


A tear fell from my eye as I looked at the picture Rin-ah and I took that day when we were heading towards the second set for her 'When It Was Me' music video.

Her voice rang clear in my head as my mind travelled back to her smile, and her words.

"Well, the moment you decided to take the picture, the moment became yours. It wasn't mine anymore because you decided to take that moment for yourself by taking a picture. From me who was using that moment to become vulnerable in a sense, I gave the moment to you because you decided to save that certain moment for yourself."

As it replayed on and on in my head, I realized. In my case, it wasn't just a moment that I gave to her that day after she said that.

It was my heart.

The moment she needed someone to lean on to, my heart became hers. It wasn't mine anymore because I willingly gave it to her. I decided that I would earn her heart so that she could be happy with me. I made myself vulnerable to her, and now, I'm ShiRin's JongHyun, not anymore just Kim JongHyun.

I remembered what I told her that day, about leaving memories for me to take...

"If that's what you mean, then I hope you'd give more of your moments. That way, I could smile more than before."

Perhaps, what I meant by that statement was something deeper.

I hope you'd give me your whole heart. That way, I could live with hope in my life because you're there.

I looked at my left hand, seeing the ring Rin-ah gave me last Christmas... and I cried harder.

I don't want to stop calling you Rin-ah.

I don't want to stop seeing you.

I don't want to stop loving you.

And as strange as it might sound...

...I don't want this whole JongHyun Scandal to end.

Not now... not ever.

= = =
May 7, 2011
SME Building - ShiRin's Practice Room
11:38 A.M.


"ShiRin-ah, you keep messing up. What's wrong with you?"

The voice of JaeLi Sunbae, I mean Choreographer Sunbae-nim, snapped me out of my dazed state. I shook my head for a moment before speaking.

"What?"

She sighed before looking at me with a concerned expression.

"ShiRin-ah, this isn't like you. You have been suddenly spacing out CONSTANTLY nowadays. I thought you were going to give your all into work now?" She asked me, and truthfully, it stung me.

The moment I finished crying that time that I left JongHyun Sunbae, I swore to myself that I'm going to focus more on work and forget about him. But it's been harder than I thought, especially now that I had admitted to him and myself that I love him.

"Yeah, I know. It's hard adjusting though. Just give me some time."

"ShiRin-ah, I also know how hard it is for you. But remember, three days after this is your international birthday, and if possible, your birthday fanmeet, which is like your korean birthday. If you neglect your dances before those events, then you're surely going to suffer after." She told me, and I nodded.

"Yeah. I understand. I just need time to adjust a bit more..."

= = =
May 7, 2011
SME Building - F[x]'s Practice Room
11:38 A.M.


"JongHyun Oppa, just let it all out."

I sighed as Luna-yah said those words. It's been hard for me these past days really. I couldn't just get over the fact that Rin-ah "ended" the scandal that time.

It actually is true. It was like the scandal was forgotten as she returned to the stage, once more continuing her promotions for 'I Was Ready' and saying goodbye to the stage with news of her comeback later on in the year. If questions arise, she just answers frankly that the perception of the scandal is not true, even putting in 'proofs' of its 'falsity'.

"It's just... hard for me to take, you know? I mean, Rin-ah is the one for me. She's someone I'd be willing to trade my career for, and just after saying she loves me, she ends everything. I know it was for my career, but I guess she still doesn't understand that my career is NOTHING compared to her presence in my life." I began, looking at the faces of my F[x] hoobaes.

"I really couldn't be myself without her. I talk to you like this, but it's not like before. I couldn't find it in myself to joke around with you, or even feel inspired in performing. It feels like I couldn't be... a person anymore. I couldn't be the man I know I am..." I continued.

Not long after, I felt myself breaking down.

"No matter how many bottles of soju I drink down in a day, I couldn't forget the pain. With every glass, the picture of her becomes clearer in my head. And in the end, the reason why I drink is for me to pretend and make believe that she's there when in truth she could be anywhere but beside me."

"I'm desperate, really. I want to feel heaven again, because all I am in is hell. I want to be sane again. I want to feel alive again. I want to be a person, a man again. I want to hold her again, to feel her in my arms. I'm growing more desperate by the minute, and knowing that she's feeling the same way I do worsens it." I told them, laying myself on the line.

"I feel really bad for you and ShiRin Unnie..." Sulli began.

"Especially, since three days from now is..." Krystal began to say, but she suddenly gasped and covered .

"Omona. I shouldn't have said that." She said in a whisper, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What's happening three days from now?" I asked, irritation seeping in my voice. I hate it when people hide things from me, especially if these things are in connection with Rin-ah.

Everyone was silent, and my irritation turned to anger.

"I asked you girls WHAT THE HECK WOULD HAPPEN IN THREE DAYS FROM NOW! ANSWER ME!"

"It will be ShiRin-ah's birthday!"

My head snapped to Amber, who exclaimed the sentence, and my eyes widened.

Rin-ah never told me about her birthday, and I never had the chance to ask her or research about it. She never said anything about it in interviews nor bio-data either.

"Are you sure about this, Amber-ah?" I asked her, and she nodded.

"Yeah. She told us not to tell anyone else, because she doesn't want anyone to make a big deal of it." Victoria Noona added, and at that moment, an idea struck me.

"Omo... why are your lips curving into a smile, Oppa?" Luna asked worriedly, and at that, my smile grew wider.

"Omona, JongHyun Oppa, don't tell me..." Sulli began saying, but I cut her off.

"Oh yes, Sulli-yah. I'm planning to do just that."