Chapter 33: And Now We Return to Where We Started

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

I'm SO SORRY that I wasn't able to update for about a month or two, but I really was busy with school that time.

School really is being a pain. Argh. x[

But anyway, since it's almost the end of school, I've decided to update for the 118 subscribers and the many more readers who missed reading this story.

Don't worry, this story WILL have an ending. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve though, and a few characters to develop before
I end this.

So, I still am not near the . =]

Okay, since I guess you guys have waited for me for enough time already, here is the full chapter 33.

The title of this, as you can see, is "And Now We Return to Where We Started".

Can anyone think of why? x]

[Chapter ST]

Heartquake - Super Junior: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okxSyWIYXLM

= = =
February 3, 2011

"ShiRin-ah, thanks for signing the CD. I wanted to have a copy for myself. I hope you don't mind." JongHyun Oppa told me as I went outside the dressing room. I had finished placing my signature on his copy of my debut mini-album, and he offered to accompany me back to my apartment. I accepted, after all, HeeSung-ah was suddenly asked to go back to the SME Building.

She was still very jolly when I was signing Oppa's CD. But, suddenly, a phone call changed the look on her face. From being playful and cheery, her expression became serious, dark, and pensive. This worried me, as I only saw HeeSung-ah's sudden expression changes when something big happened.

But, I didn't pay attention to it that much. Maybe something happened in the company, or she's been given extra work. As she excused herself, I nodded my head to say that I'd accept JongHyun Oppa's offer. When I finished packing up, the serious look of HeeSung-ah drifted away from my thoughts.

But not for long. The thoughts came back soon as we began to walk down the corridor.

"No, it's fine. You're a Sunbae, after all. I shouldn't say no to people like you, who had lots of experiences in this area already." I answered him, trying to distract myself from the assumptions that had begun weaving into form inside my head.

"But still, you're a busy person. You're still doing promotions. I'm done promoting Lucifer with the other members of SHINee, but still, here you are." He told me while shaking his head, and now, it was my turn to do it.

"I'm fine with it. Being busy is an idol's lifestyle. I think I should get used to it as soon as possible." I said, earning me a few nods from him.

"Alright then." He said as we continued walking. We finally passed the last of the rooms, and went inside an elevator. Pressing the ground floor button, JongHyun Oppa smiled at me. Silence enveloped us not long after, and after a few moments, the atmosphere became a bit awkward for the both of us.

"Uhm...Thanks, JongHyun Oppa, for taking me home. You might be busy too..." I drifted off, shyly looking away. I heard him chuckle very softly before wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"I'm not as busy as you, though. It's fine." He told me, and I looked straight at his eyes.

I never knew how long we were staring at each other. But the next thing I knew was that his face was so close to mine. Just a little push would make me...

-=- DING! -=-

I immediately pushed JongHyun Oppa away as I heard the elevator chime in. Good thing, he broke away from me easily. When the elevator doors opened, we immediately walked out, heading to the carpark.

"Let me drive you home this time around. I haven't had a chance to REALLY bring you home by myself, since we're always taking a cab and all..." He said, trailing off, and I just chuckled as we reached his car.

"You drive?" I asked him, wondering why I never knew this, and why most of the other fans aren't aware of it.

"Yup. I just keep it a secret though. If word gets out, stalkers would probably hunt my car down, and well, I think you get the idea." He answered with a smile on his face.

I nodded and went to the passenger side, wanting to open the door myself. But before I got to do it, JongHyun Oppa already opened the door for me. I climbed in and he closed the door after me. Not long after, JongHyun Oppa climbed into the driver's side and started the engine.

But suddenly, the ringing of my phone distracted the both of us.

An imaginary question mark was perhaps looming above my head when I looked at my phone and found out who the one calling is.

"HeeSung-ah?"

I answered the call, but even before I could speak, HeeSung-ah beat me to it.

"You have an emergency callback to the company. It's something serious. Bring JongHyun-ah with you."

Then, I couldn't say anything as she hung up.

"What did she say, ShiRin-ah?" JongHyun Oppa asked me, and I looked at him with a confused expression, still at a loss on why I'm being called back to the company.

"Oppa, I think we can just postpone the going-home business till next time. I have an emergency callback to SME, and you have to come with me."

= = =

"Why include me though?" JongHyun Oppa asked rhetorically as we got out of the SME elevator, heading to where the conference rooms were. I just shrugged my shoulders as a response. I don't really know either.

Finally, we got to the conference room where we were wasked to go to. We both took a deep breath before JongHyun Oppa got hold of the knob and turned it.

My eyes DID expect a solemn-looking HeeSung-ah. After all, she said that "it's something serious". Of course, she'd be all poker-faced about it.

But my eyes met another, unexpected, figure. And with a firm voice, the corporate official gave the stunned me and JongHyun Sunbae some instructions.

"Sit down, JongHyun-ah." The voice said.

"I think I'll remain standing, thank you." He answered, and I took a deep breath as the owner of the voice turned to me.

"Please sit down, ShiRin-sshi."

This familiar voice rung in my ears, and I tried my best not to break. The last, and first time I saw him this close was when I was asked to give my stand on my rumors with JongHyun Oppa.

And this same voice now was the one asking me back then.

"Yeh, SooMan Sajang-nim."

= = =

"I called the both of you here because of this." Sajang-nim said before sliding a brown envelope to our direction. JongHyun Oppa, who was standing beside my sitting figure, took a deep breath before looking inside it.

"These are pictures..." He trailed off, and at once I looked at SooMan Sajang-nim, questions forming in my head.

"Yes. These are pictures that I wanted to talk to the both of you about. Look closely into each of the 6 pictures, and tell me something about it." Sajang-nim said, and I held out a hand to get these pictures from JongHyun Oppa.

When I got them, boy, was I in for the shock of my life.

My eyes widened as I looked at the pictures. I looked quickly at JongHyun Sunbae, who was still standing beside me. His eyes widened too.

The compilation consisted of him and me holding hands, most probably taken after I slipped on the pavement. We were laughing around of my clumsiness, and he held my hand to make sure that I don't slip again. From our point of view, it looked like a friendly act or gesture.

But when I see it through the lens of a camera, or rather a product of it, it looks more than that.

It looked like JongHyun Oppa and I were out on a date.

"This was the time when..." I began.

"...when I asked you to walk around with me one last time before you debut." JongHyun Sunbae completed, and I had a sharp intake of breath as everything began to piece itself out.

"Sajang-nim, someone saw us that time?" I asked worriedly, and to my surprise, SooMan Sajang-nim nodded.

"The broadcasting companies are now using these pictures to blackmail us, and as of now, the representatives are talking with these networks to bargain for preventing the picture's leakage." He said, and all I could do was shake my head.

"This can't be..." I trailed off as I took a look at JongHyun Oppa. He was looking dazed at the situation.

"JongHyun-ah, this hasn't been the only blunder you committed that we have been left to take care of. I did not let SHINee be created to cause the company problems. Last time, you involved an actress into your career, and now, you involve even a new artist! " Sajang-nim told Oppa in a firm voice, which made him look down. May it be in embarrassment or fear, I don't know.

"This time, I'm letting you off with a warning. If you don't want the name of the whole band broken because of you, watch your actions." He said, and all the poor JongHyun Oppa can do is to nod. With that, Sajang-nim turned to me now.

"And as for you, we've been already taking corresponding action to prevent suspicions on your side. Please be not surpsrised if you hear statements supposedly from you saying that you were constantly in Japan. We're trying to save your name here." He said, and I nodded.

"It's fine. I was constantly in Japan anyways. But please, if you're going to use my name, tell me first before doing so. Remember, I am under two companies. If ever you get bad shots because of wrongly handling my career, S.E. is gonna step in. And their threat to break S.M.E. once that happens still stands." I said, my voice growing firmer.

"I understand. Well, I guess that's all. Both of you are free to leave now." SooMan Sajang-nim concluded, and I left the room with JongHyun Oppa following behind me.

I kept silent as we walked along the corridor, but I can't help the high-pitched scream leaving my lips when I suddenly heard shuffling...

and I saw JongHyun Oppa on his knees.

"I'm so sorry, ShiRin. I really am." He said repeatedly, his voice breaking. He was kneeling, not crying, but weak.

"No, don't be. There's nothing wrong in what you did. I swear. There wasn't anything wrong. Besides, Sajang-nim said that he's trying to prevent the leakage." I said as I knelt in front of him, trying to strengthen the older guy again, but he only just breathed a deep sigh before leaning his forehead on my shoulder.

"If ever this leaks out, though...would you mind it if I bask in the negative spotlight?" He said, and I could neither nod nor shake my head.

"What do you mean?" I just asked him, and on the crook of my neck, I felt him smile.

"Let's just say that I'm still going to be nice to you."

= = =
February 4, 2011
MBC STUDIO


"...Yeh, kamsahamnida."

Bright lights shone down on me as I bowed in front of everybody, another interview finished. I had been having interviews constantly simply because of the standard I set in debuting artists. They had been so amazed that I was able to sing live on my debut, without any support vocals, and with a tiring dance routine. With that, I was the topic of many conversations and showbiz gossip.

Spotlight? Yes. But somehow, I'm happier than expected because I broke the image of steoreotypical idols. Yes, the idols that base performances on back-up vocals. I cannot mention names, but the truth and fact still remains.

Cheers of moonbeams, my fans, echoed throughout the whole studio as I made my way out. The cameras now taking shots of the crowd. I was led out by HeeSung-ah out of the set, and once I got to the dressing room I breathed a sigh of relief.

HeeSung-ah made her way to the table where my laptop is, and opened the cover. After a few clicks, her eyes suddenly widened and she rushed to take her phone and call someone, though I have no idea who. She spoke in a very low tone and I couldn't hear much of what she was saying.

After a few moments, I shaw her nod her head and end the call. I looked at her with a confused expression, and she just sighed before looking at me.

"ShiRin-ah. I think you should see this..." She said softly. I went to her side to look at whatever she wants me to see...

...and I almost screamed.

February 4, 2011.
Kim JongHyun With A New Flame?