Chapter 18

The New JongHyun Scandal: The Experimental Story

I looked at how many my story subscribers are, and i can't hide my smile when i saw that there are already 60. =]

Wow. thank you very much for supporting this, and i hope that you all would continue to comment and subscribe. =]

did the blog entry i posted clear up your questions? hehe. this happened after jjong gave selene the necklace.

because if you'd look really close, jjong even quoted what he said after he brought shin sekyung home. =]

well, okay, since the 60 sunbscribers became a really cool christmas gift for me, i'll be posting another chapter.

this will be my christmas gift to everyone who showed support for my story.

thanks for being another gift in my christmas! =]

it's time to look at how selene's christmas would be like...

boys! it's your turn to make her smile! x]]

one by shinee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsTQ7Fp3mRE
= = =
December 23, 2010

"Amazing. We have no regrets on making you debut even under 6 months." The head of SME's talent center, Ms. Lim Hye Jang, told me as she shook my hand.

"Thank you very much, Sunbae-nim. I won't fail your expectations." I replied, my smile showing as I saw the officers of SME extending their hands for a handshake.

As the VIPs left the scene, I heard a familiar voice calling my name.

"Selene-ah! You were absolutely great!"

"Key Sunbae!" I exclaimed as Key Sunbae congratulated me and gave me a hug.

"Good thing the management decided to send you here for the remainder of the Christmas season!" I continued as he pulled back, and I can't help my smile.

"Yeah. I can FINALLY hang out with my second best friend again, next to Jjong-ah, my Yeobo, of course." He told me, and with a high five, I agreed.

"Noona stunned me earlier, during the 'Goodbye' performance. I never expected her to wear clothes like that." TaeMin-ah seconded as he approached me and gave me a hug as well. I can't help but smile at how their faces were when they saw my attire for 'Goodbye' which I myself picked.

"But hey, you finally had a shot with me on the dancefloor! We finally were partners for 'Let It Go'!" I exclaimed, encouraged by the nods I received from the younger guy. As a special request, the song TaeMin-ah usually dances alone to became a pair dance for both of us. "Let It Go" by Brit and Alex.

"Yeah. I couldn't take my eyes off you while we were together on stage! Where did you learn moves like that earlier? Teach me!" He told me, and I chuckled before nodding.

"Sure. After the Ain't No Other Man promotions, I promise you." I told him, chuckling as I heard him shout a loud 'YAY!'.

The Christmas party of SME has been a success. TaeMin-ah finally got what he wanted concerning the lovey-dovey stuff.

Despite their busy schedules, the 10 Super Junior members and the 5 boys of SHINee had a dance number with the 15 best dance trainees of the company, especially for the party. I had TaeMin-ah as my partner, and as expected, along with EunHyuk Sunbae, we were at the front.

After that, the two Sunbae groups presented their numbers to the SME employees, along with F[x]. The SuJu sunbaes presented BONAMANA to everyone preceeded by performing a Christmas remix of English Christmas Carols. The F[x] Sunbaes did the same by presenting 'NU ABO' once more, however, they did the 'girly' Christmas Carols like 'Last Christmas' before the song.

What SHINee did shocked me, however.

Instead of performing quick songs like 'Lucifer' they performed a ballad. If I wasn't mistaken, it was "Life".

I didn't expect them to sing like that. Even when I listen to their recorded songs.

But... how they sang live amazed me. It was even better than their album tracks.

What amazed me more was that...

...one member was staring at me the entire time they performed it.

I remember how he was staring right into my eyes as he sang these lines.

If you alone are standing, I can handle this much pain and suffering...

JongHyun Sunbae...

"Selene-ah, come here!" I heard someone call me, another familiar voice.

"Why, Onew Sunbae?" I asked the oldest SHINee member as I began to walk to where he was standing, beside the 10 members of SuJu.

"Well, isn't she really pretty? I told you guys, you'd be smitten when you see her NOT rehearsing." I heard KyuHyun Sunbae say as I approached them.

"Well, okay, I know. She really is pretty." Kim RyeoWook said as I finally stood straight before the Sunbae group. I just looked down, keeping my eyes on what I wore, the costume for the last number we all trainees had.

"Aish... let me have a picture with you! I'll post it on twitter after you debut!" Kim HeeChul suddenly said, not being able to keep controlling himself, before taking his camera and standing beside me. I smiled to the camera and chuckled afterwards as the picture was taken.

"Alright Sunbae." I told him with a smile, before motioning that I'll be going back already. The Sunbaes didn't want me to leave yet, until the voice of MinHo Sunbae told me to go to where SHINee was.

"Yes, what is it, Sunbaes?" I asked all of them as I saw them take places on the stage.

Eh? Are they going to sing a song? But, the program is finished already.

"Play it now, Hyung." I heard Key Sunbae said out loud, and the intro of another one of their slow songs began to play.

And I knew what song it is.

"One".

"For being a great friend to SHINee, S.M. The Ballad, and even to other trainees and other groups, ShiRin-ah, this is for you." Onew Sunbae said, and almost immediately after, he sang.

 The morning sunlight is like you. It might be a little childish, but I like it...

My eyes widened as a rose appeared in Onew Sunbae's hand and he walked to me, giving me the flower.

"Sunbae..." I can't help but say as he winked at me before returning to his line.

The singing continued on in the distance, but in my mind, memories flashed one by one.

The first meeting with SHINee...

How amazed they were when I began to dance the boom track of Replay...

How cute TaeMin-ah looked when he talked to me that day...

The first time I experienced being near death with JongHyun Sunbae...

How he choked me, with only Key Sunbae stopping him...

How I kept myself locked inside my apartment...

How Key Sunbae never stopped texting me even after that traumatic experience...

The first time the four SHINee members went to my home...

How TaeMin-ah praised my apartment...

How they found out I read articles about the JongKyung couple...


MinHo Sunbae began walking to me as his rap began, giving me the second rose. TaeMin-ah followed soon after, even going down the stage and kissing me on the cheek.

"You deserve more roses, Noona." He told me before going back to the stage.

More memories began flooding back to me.

The time JongHyun Sunbae apologized to me...

How everything began because of a bottle of thirst quencher...

How he broke down in front of me...

The times Key Sunbae and I hung out together...

The surprise I got when Key Sunbae got into my apartment in Japan...

The text messages between me and the members of SHINee...

The heart emoticons of Key Sunbae..

The smileys of JongHyun Sunbae...

The promise made by JongHyun Sunbae to wave at me in SuKiRa...

The camera zooming at his figure saying hi to me...

The time JongHyun Sunbae introduced me to S.M. The Ballad...

How I discovered the 4 members sneaking around as they took a peek at my rehearsal...

The talk with Key Sunbae...

The story I shared with JongHyun Sunbae...

Onew Sunbae and TaeMin-ah bringing me to my video shoot...


Everything came rushing back to me, and as I noticed that the song began to transpose to a higher pitch, I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

This December with SHINee was unforgettable. Really unforgettable.

I never noticed that the song was now near ending, with only the voices of the group to bring me back to reality.

Let's all together, one, two three, let's begin...
You are my one my everything...


I gasped as Key Sunbae took out three roses and gave it to me. He kissed my forehead as I felt the flowers in my hand. He just smiled before taking out a handkerchief, wiping the tracks my tears made.

"Thank you for being my best friend number 2, Selene-ah." He whispered before winking at me, now going back up the stage.

Now, only one member was left onstage, not yet giving anything to me.

As the song neared its end even more, he began moving towards my direction.

"I'm not going to stop myself now, Selene-ah. Here." He said, before revealing a bouquet for me.

"What is this for, JongHyun Sunbae?" I asked him with a confused expression, and he just smiled.

"I left you behind during the video filming, right? This is compensation, okay?" He asked me, and I just tried to smile as he took me into his arms.

When he pulled back, he pressed his forehead to mine. And as his final part in the song came, he sang.

I can do that now, right?

"Thanks for making my Christmas a special one, ShiRin-ah. From being depressed, you made me into something else." He told me, and I pulled back from the gesture, nodding once, a smile evident in my face.

"Tomorrow and the next day... you have to spend it with us, okay?" He told me, and I nodded, my smile widening as all of SHINee crowded in front of me and shared a group hug with me as the center.

My Christmas would be nice this year... I'm sure.